Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Official - Gunarrson Signed "

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:01 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

CARDIFF SECURE GUNNARSSON MOVE
Posted on: Fri 08 Jul 2011

Cardiff City are pleased to announce the signing of former Coventry City free-agent and Icelandic international Aron Gunnarsson. The paperwork has been completed and is now subject to Football League approval along with the matter of training compensation between both clubs.

Midfielder Aron becomes the Bluebirds' fifth summer signing and on Saturday morning will travel with Malky Mackay's squad for the pre-season trip to Spain.

The first chance to see Aron in the blue of Cardiff, along with all of the new signings and squad will be on Wednesday July 20 as we host Celtic at Cardiff City Stadium. For tickets follow the link below.

Twenty-two year-old Aron began his professional career in his homeland with Akureyri in 2005, before moving to Dutch side Alkmaar the following season. In 2008 he moved to England and Coventry City, spending three seasons with the Sky Blues prior to the expiration of his contract at the end of last season.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52755 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

GUNNARSSON CONFIRMED

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:01 pm

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 16,00.html :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: GUNNARSSON CONFIRMED

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:03 pm

He's only joined us so he can go on holiday to Spain!!! :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:04 pm

Great signing, keep them coming MM :ayatollah: :D

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:05 pm

Great news confidence grows by the day!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:06 pm

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:07 pm

cracking signing :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

" Gunnerson signed "

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:15 pm

CARDIFF SECURE GUNNARSSON MOVE
Posted on: Fri 08 Jul 2011

Cardiff City are pleased to announce the signing of former Coventry City free-agent and Icelandic international Aron Gunnarsson. The paperwork has been completed and is now subject to Football League approval along with the matter of training compensation between both clubs.

Midfielder Aron becomes the Bluebirds' fifth summer signing and on Saturday morning will travel with Malky Mackay's squad for the pre-season trip to Spain.

The first chance to see Aron in the blue of Cardiff, along with all of the new signings and squad will be on Wednesday July 20 as we host Celtic at Cardiff City Stadium. For tickets follow the link below.

Twenty-two year-old Aron began his professional career in his homeland with Akureyri in 2005, before moving to Dutch side Alkmaar the following season. In 2008 he moved to England and Coventry City, spending three seasons with the Sky Blues prior to the expiration of his contract at the end of last season.

Re: official on ccfc website- Gunarrson

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:17 pm

5 signings....all quality.....all free! No loans, more money to spend on real quality players in needed areas ie Strikers

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:19 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:5 signings....all quality.....all free! No loans, more money to spend on real quality players in needed areas ie Strikers

Not all free, we still have to pay compensation for gunnarsson :ayatollah:

Re: " Official - Gunarrson Signed "

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:23 pm

GOOD PLAYER :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:26 pm

where has my post gone? :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:26 pm

brilliant news,cant fault the way malky has gone about things,its good to see us signing young ambitiuous players rather than dave jones favourites from 10 years ago

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:33 pm

How much was the compensation ? :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:46 pm

Top signing

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:01 pm

You are my Malky my only Malky
You make me happy when skies are grey
Alan Shearer was f***ng dearer
O please don't take my Malky away! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:29 pm

Welcome to Wales

Be prepared for a roller coaster ride; CCFC style

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:29 pm

yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:23 pm

Great start too the weekend..... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:36 pm

Quality signing. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:45 pm

Welcome to Mr Gunarrson :ayatollah: MAY YOUR LONG THROW - CAUSE TROUBLE TO DEFENCES ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Just need a top striker to go with earnie now

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:17 pm

Am I being stupid thinking we can make the playoffs with one or two more signings?

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:22 pm

Siren1927 wrote:Am I being stupid thinking we can make the playoffs with one or two more signings?

If MM and Cardiff make the play offs we will have done well :ayatollah:
We have lost over 30 goals from the players who have gone,but i like the way MM is bringing in players.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:22 pm

Great signing!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:28 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Siren1927 wrote:Am I being stupid thinking we can make the playoffs with one or two more signings?

If MM and Cardiff make the play offs we will have done well :ayatollah:
We have lost over 30 goals from the players who have gone,but i like the way MM is bringing in players.

I cant help but feel really optimistic about the coming season, I wont lie I thought we were looking at a relegation battle before Malky was appointed. One or two more signings and I can honestly see us up there in the play offs again.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:57 pm

we just need someone who is going to get us the goals... a proven striker and maybe a left winger for variance and competition ...

Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:11 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:46 am

Bluebird_steve wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:5 signings....all quality.....all free! No loans, more money to spend on real quality players in needed areas ie Strikers

Not all free, we still have to pay compensation for gunnarsson :ayatollah:

The budget Malky has to work with includes wages so don't get too carried away with the fact that the signings so far have been frees. Every player we have signed has been wanted by other clubs so it seems likely we have been willing to pay higher wages. These wages will come out of Malky's budget.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:51 am

Awsome! Again a free bee, just fantastic and somethng Jones could never do! Can't wait for next season.

MM Barmy Army!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!