Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Official - Gunarrson Signed "

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:43 am

Siren1927 wrote:Am I being stupid thinking we can make the playoffs with one or two more signings?

You'd be stupid if you didnt!!

Most fans of Championship clubs will be looking at Leicester and thinking uh-oh, they
mean business.

Most managers will be looking at the way Mackay is quietly going about his business.
He has concentrated on shoring up our piss-weak midfield first, one defender and a
couple of strikers still to come in (including Goodwillie, i'm convinced!!)

We are going to be a major force this season

Malky Mackay has not bought to consolidate, he wants the top prize :ayatollah:

Re: official on ccfc website- Gunarrson

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:45 am

Citysince1964 wrote:
Bluebird_steve wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:5 signings....all quality.....all free! No loans, more money to spend on real quality players in needed areas ie Strikers

Not all free, we still have to pay compensation for gunnarsson :ayatollah:

The budget Malky has to work with includes wages so don't get too carried away with the fact that the signings so far have been frees. Every player we have signed has been wanted by other clubs so it seems likely we have been willing to pay higher wages. These wages will come out of Malky's budget.

Ah, but by getting them in on frees, i reckon Malky still has 4 or 5 million in the
transfer kitty if needed ;)

They are backing him :D

They're just doing it quietly.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:17 am

MM has been with the club a little over 2 weeks and in that time we have signed 5 players all wanted by other clubs which says a lot about the quality of the player he has signed.

Also unlike our previous manager none of these players arrive at the club with a poor injury record or with some form of concern over their ability and mindset.

As MM has said in his interviews he is building not only a squad for this season but a team to play in the manner he believes in. For the first time in a few seasons we are now looking at a squad where the majority of players will be with the club next season, as I see it the only players who have contracts ending in June 2012 are Hudson, Gypes and Marshall so our club looks stronger than it did a year ago both on and off the field.

As yet we have signed no loan players which gives MM a lot of freedom to move in that area with 8 season long loans and 8 short term loans available. This time last season we had 3 season long loans in place with Bellamy to follow leaving this option open places us in a much stronger position I believe.

I'm very impressed with the way MM has conducted himself and with this new share issue meeting later in the month likely to provide enough investment money to cover debts we are looking very strong off the field.

I cannot wait for the season to start because I think we are going to have a good season and will hopefully reach the playoffs again but whatever happens I think it's difficult to argue as a club we are stronger in all areas than we have been in a very long time.

Onwards and upwards for the Bluebirds I think. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:04 pm

TheHunter! wrote:How much was the compensation ? :ayatollah:

Brilliant even better than the Poznan,somehow i cant see the old codgers sitting by me doing it though