Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

captain

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:13 pm

who do you think will be captain if craig doesnt return :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: captain

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:25 pm

For me it would have to be somebody who would die for the cause...and therefore the only man it can be is Super Kev :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:27 pm

good choice

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:30 pm

KP1964 wrote:For me it would have to be somebody who would die for the cause...and therefore the only man it can be is Super Kev :ayatollah:

i agree,it shows just how underrated kevin is that no teams have enquired about a player who was phenomenal last campaign and who really should have made the championship team of the season.hes barely been mentioned by us lot aswell to be honest-hed make a worthy captain
oooooooooooh kev macnaughton you are............. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:46 pm

super kev and maybe earnie vice? MM knows that he's captained his country on many occasions :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:47 pm

Would love super Kev but is he vocal enough ? If not defo Gerro :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Probably Hudson :ayatollah:

super kev and maybe earnie vice? MM knows that he's captained his country on many occasions :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:48 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:super kev and maybe earnie vice? MM knows that he's captained his country on many occasions :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:51 pm

KEVIN MCNAUGHTON YOU ARE THE LOVE OF MY LIFE...

Kev deserves it more than Hudson if you ask me.

:ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Kev or whitts for me

I think whitts can be a top top player at times and would benefit alot from being given the armband.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Only time will tell

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:03 pm

thewelshfella wrote:Kev or whitts for me

I think whitts can be a top top player at times and would benefit alot from being given the armband.

Only time will tell

I cant see Whitts being Captain material. He cant get himself going half the time never mind the rest of the team :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:06 pm

i think he would make a great captain if given the chance.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:10 pm

whitts would be an interesting choice,forgot about gerrard to be honest will he even be in the team though :?:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:16 pm

I don't think Kev's vocal enough either! We might see a new face as captain - possibly Don Cowie. He usually gets up and down the field, and could have a good effect on the lads as the new boy? If not then I think it would be Hudson again or Gerrard at a push? (obviously behind Bellamy!) :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:19 pm

Dont recall Hudson ever being vocal.

For me it has to be McNaughton. I cant say he is vocal enough but his efforts make up for that.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:23 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Dont recall Hudson ever being vocal.

For me it has to be McNaughton. I cant say he is vocal enough but his efforts make up for that.

IMO kev is already super committed everytime he plays and it rubs off on other defenders, I don't think he needs captaincy to improve his or his team mates game, so if you understand what I'm saying maybe it would be more beneficial to give it to someone else (midfielder) etc to raise the game from the center of the park?

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:16 pm

Gerrard verry vocal player

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:17 pm

hudson or gerrard :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:30 pm

i think he will go with hudson...

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:08 am

Gerrard, committed, passionate, vocal.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:00 am

Hudson for me Just let keV get on with his job He does not look captain material to me Gerrad not sure he will start I will like to see him perform as well first People seem to forget he was not that good in the season he played for us and did not play well when he played against us Really not sure why people mention him

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:01 am

Kev is fantastic but doesnt strike me as a natural leader. Being the best or most commited player isnt enough, nor is being the fans favourite. Super Kev just isnt that vocal.
Hudson was a strong captain before and I would be surprised if its not him, though your captain needs to be fairly assured of starting every week.
But the fact Malkay hasnt announced a club captain before going on tour suggests that he plans to give it to someone he has yet to capture......

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 am

englishbluebird wrote:
KP1964 wrote:For me it would have to be somebody who would die for the cause...and therefore the only man it can be is Super Kev :ayatollah:

i agree,it shows just how underrated kevin is that no teams have enquired about a player who was phenomenal last campaign and who really should have made the championship team of the season.hes barely been mentioned by us lot aswell to be honest-hed make a worthy captain
oooooooooooh kev macnaughton you are............. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Bit too injury prone I think. It's partly because he literally puts his body on the line. If he wasn't injury prone I really think Prem clubs would be sniffing.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:40 am

Hudson, we should leave Kev do what he does best without worrying about anything else.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:07 am

Cowie will be Captain :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:31 am

cowie or hudson will be captain

Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:57 am

Sign Bothroyd back up and give him the armband :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:26 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:Hudson for me Just let keV get on with his job He does not look captain material to me Gerrad not sure he will start I will like to see him perform as well first People seem to forget he was not that good in the season he played for us and did not play well when he played against us Really not sure why people mention him

Agree, I just don't see what all the fuss is about with him !