Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Welsh Cup,in or out?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:41 am

Just read that Wrexham and Newport have accepted invitations into the Welsh cup,do you think we should be in it?,is it not a good chance for the youngsters to have a go at winning a trophy or are we right to stay out of it?. :ayatollah:

Re: Welsh Cup,in or out?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:45 am

Lets hope we do

Malkey has shown his leaning towords building a youth team he should accept the invitation and use it as a springboard for young talent. Nothing to lose --loads to gain

Any word on the Europa league qulification issue --

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:47 am

I believe we declined the invitation.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:47 am

Source ?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:52 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14084374.stm

The BBC

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:57 am

So Newport or Wrexham could get into Europe next year

Mad that we have not accepted --whats the problem

Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:46 am

I say Accept and imo the clubs should never have even left the competition. I loved the welsh cup runs but off the top of my head we beat Hednesford Town and Ryhl in back to back finals to take us into Europe. I remember City Playing the likes of Beumit Admira Wakcker and Standard Liege if my mind serves me correct Chris Pike equalised to make it 1-1 at Nininan but lost 5-0 out there vs wacker. we lost to Standard and ill never forget those Standard Liege fans one of the best sets of supporters to make a noice at Ninnian imo considering the amount in the grANDSTAND AND ONE LIEGE FAN RAN ACROSS THE Pitch and went into the bob bank and sat down before being arrested. But in i think 87 - 88 season we beat wrexham at the Vetch which got us into Europe one club of the top of my head in europe was aahrus :ayatollah: :ayatollah: i always loved the welsh cup runs. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think its a good chance for our youngsters to have a go aswell to bring them through :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:18 am

100% in .... its the welsh cup, its a brilliant competition! :ayatollah: