Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our Midfield

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:54 am

has the potential to be one of the best in the championship but i think it lacks height

Whittingham 5ft 10
Cowie 5ft 10
Gunnarson 5ft 10
Conway 5ft 7

dont get me wrong i think it means we will be playing keep ball and attack attack attack but the height is a major downside for me

Re: Our Midfield

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:59 am

Tell that to barcelona ;) :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:04 am

Pretty good point but that for me is a positive because MM has full faith in his teams set up & approach.

Theres not much height on the bench either when considering the likes of Mcphail, Wildig etc.

It'll be exciting to watch a pure brand of exciting football...although a balance between styles has to be prepared when required imo :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:04 am

As I look at those names , I'm thinking...... at last a solid, creative midfield. W e haven't had that since Kavanagh and Boland.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:24 am

I like it tbh ! :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:30 am

i personally think the championship is gonna be a physical battle in midfield this year but i have faith in LORD MALKY!!!

:ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:09 pm

without being greedy i think we do need another one or two midfield players just to be sure. but full credit to malky and the board, doing really well with the transfers.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:50 pm

lewis91 wrote:without being greedy i think we do need another one or two midfield players just to be sure. but full credit to malky and the board, doing really well with the transfers.

i'd like to throw anthony annan in the mix personally, ghanian international and shalke want rid :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:53 pm

Oli is just what we are missing go get him malky

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:54 pm

valleycasual wrote:
lewis91 wrote:without being greedy i think we do need another one or two midfield players just to be sure. but full credit to malky and the board, doing really well with the transfers.

i'd like to throw anthony annan in the mix personally, ghanian international and shalke want rid :ayatollah:

annan? not sure if i've heard of him, probably quite a lot of players we could look at. bowyer would be a funny signing :D

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:00 pm

at this moment in time i actually dont think our midfield is that fantastic. It still lacks pace and a bit of spark. Im sure Malky has some targets in mind to correct this but i think we all need to be very cautious regarding our current estimations of this team. For me it is not currently a promotion winning team and still needs a lot of work. I feel that we will need to be patient this season and that it will not be plain sailing. I'll be backing Malky all the way and I just hope that if the team doesnt immediately live up to expectations that people dont start getting on his back as it is a work in progress.