Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Squad thats gone to Spain: Whittingham & Gerrard

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:51 am

Maybe ive missed something but maybe someone can fill me in on what the squad was that went to Spain !! also does anybody know what the situation on Whittingham is he staying or going ?? i really hope he stays with the mighty Bluebirds. also is Gerrard in Malkys plans does anybody know ??? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: The Squad thats gone to Spain: Whittingham & Gerrard

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:51 am

Whitts is in Mackay's plans, I've got a feeling Gerrard will depart back to Yorkshire

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:56 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Whitts is in Mackay's plans, I've got a feeling Gerrard will depart back to Yorkshire

I really hope they can keep hold of Gerrard and imo thats one mistake DJ made was shipping him out to Hull last season :ayatollah: will Whittingham be tempted by Norwich tho ?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:57 am

Warren of Merthyr wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Whitts is in Mackay's plans, I've got a feeling Gerrard will depart back to Yorkshire

I really hope they can keep hold of Gerrard and imo thats one mistake DJ made was shipping him out to Hull last season :ayatollah: will Whittingham be tempted by Norwich tho ?

Well since Whitts is still contracted to us, I would've thought Mackay would say no to any approach a club makes, I'd like to keep hold of Gerrard aswell :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:59 am

I think Malky is well aware that Gerrard was Hull's player of the season last time out, and will want to see the reasons why! He will get his chance IMO.

MM has already stated that Whitts is central to his plans, and wants to build a team around him.

:ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:15 am

Warren of Merthyr wrote:

Just one mistake!!! buy Jones, what about the Keeper, not starting with Koumas after the Doncaster game, not droping Bothroyd, to prove a point :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:07 pm

Malky has said Whitts is a key man.

Gerrard looks fit and raring to go.

I think Malky will give him a chance, if he starts well we need to get him tied up on a new contract quickly mind as he's only got 1 year left.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:15 pm

jammsy 1927 wrote: Just one mistake!!! buy Jones

Obviously you are correct Jones made far more than 'one mistake' but the biggest mistake we ever made was not getting rid of the useless tw*t 2 seasons ago (after the Preston debarcle)

I would even say if we had got rid of him after the Millwall game last season (there was an international break at the time) and given the job to Terry Burton for the final 8 or so games, it would be us kicking off in the Premier League rather than those scummy peg sellers.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:31 pm

Correct me if im wrong but wasnt Gerrard voted Hulls player of the season last year. No reason why he should be shipped out. I think malky will give him a chance and will be in his plans :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:32 pm

:lol: :lol: i think i dropped a bollock there when i stated one mistake :lol: the reason why i said about Gerrard my concern was would Hull Bid for him permanantly or any other club for that matter. Same as Whittingham would he be going to any other club for example Norwich or any other prem club for that matter. :ayatollah: whos gone out to spain and who hasnt ?? as i may have missed something :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:00 am

Hope they both stay !

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:39 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13948029.stm

hull have already signed a new decent centre back...

im sure he is staying... and who wouldnt want him too. in our run up to the play off final 2010 , i thought he was one of our best players...

the only reason he went out on loan last yr was dj... and look what happened , he was hulls player of year.. im sure he his exactly the type of player mm likes and there will be no doubt he will be in the starting 11...

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:29 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13948029.stm

hull have already signed a new decent centre back...

im sure he is staying... and who wouldnt want him too. in our run up to the play off final 2010 , i thought he was one of our best players...

the only reason he went out on loan last yr was dj... and look what happened , he was hulls player of year.. im sure he his exactly the type of player mm likes and there will be no doubt he will be in the starting 11...

Well said, thought he should've played in the play off final.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:41 am

we need to keep gerrard!!!

dave moans did wrong last season, just because they fell out, votted hulls player of the year!!

if he stays i reckon he'll be the fans player of the year! watch tthis space :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:34 am

warren both are in spain and it has been reported that malky has said, "whitts is going nowhere"

lets hope the same will be said about gerrard :) :ayatollah:

whoooooooooooooooooooooo seville in the morning :)