Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy won't be coming back.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:57 am

Pending a miracle Bellamy will not be a Cardiff City player in September.

Re: Bellamy won't be coming back.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:04 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:Pending a miracle Bellamy will not be a Cardiff City player in September.

why is that then ?????????? at the moment everything is up in the air. We never thought he would come last season but he did!!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:04 pm

Possibly because he will be a player at the start of the season in August?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:06 pm

hailesy wrote:Possibly because he will be a player at the start of the season in August?

I was about to post the same , :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:37 pm

brewer918 wrote:
MyNameIsAled wrote:Pending a miracle Bellamy will not be a Cardiff City player in September.

why is that then ?????????? at the moment everything is up in the air. We never thought he would come last season but he did!!

If Man City decide to loan him out and pay the majority of his wages (as last season) then yes he'll be here, but Man City have said they are not interested in doing that so it's very unlikely.

Even if Man City terminated his contract and made Bellamy a free agent, we couldn't go anywere near paying him the wage he's used to (and probably still wants). I don't know what the current team are paid but i'd be very surprised if many or any are earning over £20,000 per week, so it would be totally wrong in terms of balancing the books and for the morale of the rest of the squad if Bellamy came here and was getting paid substantially more (reportedly on £90,000 at Man City).

I'd love to see him back here but it seems very unlikely at the moment.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:39 pm

Only thing which makes me think he will not return,Iis he is now saying even if man city pays him off he wont take a pay cut. if that is true no way will we pay him what he is currently on, unless ive got it wrong in what he is saying ??

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:43 pm

to terminate his contract they would have to pay it up or at least agree a figure with belamy if he gets any where near a 3 million pay off our 30k a week offer would make up the difference to =90k a week i suppose looking at your heading your glass is half empty rather than half full :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:51 pm

I dont think he'll be back either.

I'm not sure how he'd fit in with Malkys regime, with his pay structure, training
methods or anything else, and it certainly looks like the Club are now 100% behind
Malky.

Shame like, but he's only one man

I think Malky reckons Goodwillie can prove to be a bigger hit ;)

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:56 pm

hes saying he wont take a pay cut this season man city got to pay him what ever either for rotting in there reserves or loaning him out and saving SOME of his wages :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:57 pm

Taffyapple long term Goodwillie will be a better signing i think, pity mind cos short term i think Bellars would bust a gut in helping us get promoted

Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:13 pm

binero wrote:Taffyapple long term Goodwillie will be a better signing i think, pity mind cos short term i think Bellars would bust a gut in helping us get promoted

Agreed mate, but on top of everything else, there's always a chance
that Craig would bust a tendon in his knee too. The Manager has to
weigh up all the pro's and con's

Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:16 pm

So many permutations to this one.

The best that can happen for us is Man City terminate Bellamys contract and he signs for us on a free. If that happened I would think the Malaysians would be quite happy to subsides his wages but not to the level of £90,000 pw. I think Bellamy would not expect that or demand it but I certainly think he would be happy with what he was on here last season and I think the Malaysians will go along with that knowing about his work in Sierra Leonne.

However I cannot see Bellamy agreeing to terminate his contract with Man City without compensation. I think the remaining financial figure for him is around £4m. He cannot expect to get that specially as he wants to return to us but no one can expect him just to forget about such a figure. Also Man City want to offload him and wont around £4m but if they are honest with themselves they wont get that. Infact they know they will be lucky to get rid of him at all as he does not want to go anywhere but Cardiff. Therefore a deal will need to be done between him and Man City for both parties to be happy.

I can see Man City paying Bellamy £2m to get rid. They will them save themselves £2m in wasted wages.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:17 pm

thats a good shout i suppose lol

Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:19 pm

If, and it's a big if, Man City release him from his contract and pay him his full wages for next year in full then he'll still want high wages.
And considering there's a few PL teams looking to sign Bellamy for £4m and pay his wages I don't see why Man City would see it as being benefitial to themselves to release Bellamy for nothing.

We know he won't take a paycut and he's already on a ridiculous amount. So even if he does leave Man City we'll have to front £4m per year just to keep him here. He's 32 on wednesday. I hardly think giving him a 2 or 3 year contract and spending £8m + on player, who will only get worse as a player (and has a dodgy knee), is what the club needs right now. I'd rather spend that money on bringing in more players so we can add some depth to the squad before the start of the season and I'd be suprised if MM and the Malaysians didn't think the same way.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:57 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:If, and it's a big if, Man City release him from his contract and pay him his full wages for next year in full then he'll still want high wages.
And considering there's a few PL teams looking to sign Bellamy for £4m and pay his wages I don't see why Man City would see it as being benefitial to themselves to release Bellamy for nothing.

We know he won't take a paycut and he's already on a ridiculous amount. So even if he does leave Man City we'll have to front £4m per year just to keep him here. He's 32 on wednesday. I hardly think giving him a 2 or 3 year contract and spending £8m + on player, who will only get worse as a player (and has a dodgy knee), is what the club needs right now. I'd rather spend that money on bringing in more players so we can add some depth to the squad before the start of the season and I'd be suprised if MM and the Malaysians didn't think the same way.

Why do you think it will be a big if from Man City. It is clear they want him off their books. Obviously they want toget the best deal for him but all the bargaining powers are with Bellamy.

Will he take a pay cut? I think he will. No other club in the premier is going to offer him the same as what he is on now. So you can forget it is going to cost £8m+ to offer him a 2 year contract. Infact I would go as far as saying if he stays with Man City and runs down his contract, therefore becoming a free agent, I would think no club in the premier would offer him any better than what we would offer him now. It is documented we will pay him £30k pw, come a years time I doubt any premier club will offer him more.

The more I think about it the more I think that if Bellamy does a deal with Man City over a compensation package he will come back home.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:37 pm

The most likely scenario I believe is for Man City and Bellamy to sit down and come to an agreement to terminate his contract. I think that they will give him £2M to terminate his contract.he will then sign for us on £25k ish a week on a 2 year playing contract with the proviso that he has involvement with the youth at the end of his two years. No other club in the premiership will pay him what he is on at Man City which was a contract offered to him 3 years ago. He must take a hit himself to realise his dream otherwise as stated above it will not be finacially viable for the club.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:46 pm

charlieduke wrote:The most likely scenario I believe is for Man City and Bellamy to sit down and come to an agreement to terminate his contract. I think that they will give him £2M to terminate his contract.he will then sign for us on £25k ish a week on a 2 year playing contract with the proviso that he has involvement with the youth at the end of his two years. No other club in the premiership will pay him what he is on at Man City which was a contract offered to him 3 years ago. He must take a hit himself to realise his dream otherwise as stated above it will not be finacially viable for the club.

Couldn't agree more!!

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:33 pm

Great update Aled

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

IN YOUR OPINION :roll:

Let's wait and see what happens before making uninformed statements.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:48 pm

IMO we have as much chance as we did this time last season.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:IMO we have as much chance as we did this time last season.

Agreed!

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:48 am

Carl's update pretty much confirmed this then. There's too many obstacles in the way stopping Bellamy coming back. We shouldn't bend over backwards and break the bank to get him here.
All parties involved are too stubborn to make real progress in the move. I'd happily see Routledge come back, even if he is nothing more than a mercenary who plays for the highest bidder he's got huge talent and is great at this level.

And to those saying we have the same chance as last season as buying Bellamy we really don't. Man City want to sell Bellamy this season. not loan him out, and they don't want to pay his wages. Last season both of these things were in our favour. It's not gonna happen this year but I don't think it'll be a problem for the club and our promotion charge.

Even if we did pay the money for him he could f**k his knee up in pre-season. It's a huge gamble to take him on this year as opposed to last year. Not worth the risk.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:20 am

MyNameIsAled wrote:If, and it's a big if, Man City release him from his contract and pay him his full wages for next year in full then he'll still want high wages.

Umm! If Man city pay him his full wages as you say, then he could play for us for nothing and still not lose out so where do you get the high wages for next season?