Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A little birdie tells me

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:07 am

That are west walian rival's manager BR is getting increasingly fed up of the strict wages strcture and is failing to attract the calibre of players they need to have any chance of staying up. From what I've heard it's quite serious.

Re: A little birdie tells me

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:10 am

Good I wish them nothing but ill. Their life in the big league isn't panning out the way they were probably hoping at the moment is it :lol:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:14 am

Carmarthenblue wrote:That are west walian rival's manager BR is getting increasingly fed up of the strict wages strcture and is failing to attract the calibre of players they need to have any chance of staying up. From what I've heard it's quite serious.

I've heard the same as well. He still not wanting to open the purse strings and it causing a lot of trouble with BR.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:24 am

IMO if you're a team in that situation just getting to the Prem without massive investment coming, you should be grabbing anyone and everyone that you can on frees and short 2 year contracts to review if they stay up. To lose Pratley, de Vries, Borini (not their fault) and Taylor still not certain to stay is a balls up.

Think we have signed 6 players so far and Swansea have got two and really both of those were in part enforced (loss of Borini and de Vries) and a loan. They should be increasing squad size as you can loan out the ones you eventually don't need.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:27 am

With Jenkins' own businesses failing you'd have to ask if he would now pass a fit and proper test to run a club. Although he will have learnt from having a failed business but that is probably affecting his willingness to spend. Not a bad thing for club survival but no good if you want to stay up.

They will be happy with one season and the money that they then get from parachute payments.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:29 am

Wayne S wrote:With Jenkins' own businesses failing you'd have to ask if he would now pass a fit and proper test to run a club. Although he will have learnt from having a failed business but that is probably affecting his willingness to spend. Not a bad thing for club survival but no good if you want to stay up.

They will be happy with one season and the money that they then get from parachute payments.

i think they won't spend at all as you said prob just try there luck bank the money and have one season up there and have parachute payments and then try do west brom bounce up and down

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:35 am

I have no pity for the Jacks at all, not after the way they've laughed at us since the Reading match. They've been very smug, and next season will be a big shock for them IMO. There's not a chance that I would ever want the Jacks to win a football match, and I hope they get trounced every week - so we can all watch on MOTD. Don't get me started on Huw Jenkins,

However, I do feel sorry for BR. I think he's a decent bloke, and seems like a really honest person. Once he leaves Swansea, I hope he does a really good job somewhere else. People laughed when they appointed him, but it was a very clever appointment - no desimilar to Malky.

Also, I feel that we are much better equipped for the Premier League than they are. When we get there, might not even be this season, could be in four or five years time, I think we'll stay there and press on. I can see us becoming a very similar club to the likes of Aston Villa and Everton.