Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HOW LONG UNTIL CARDIFF BECOME

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:37 am

a prem league club?

few years or do you think it could be in next 1 or 2?

Re: HOW LONG UNTIL CARDIFF BECOME

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:41 am

This is what I put on Carmarthen's thread, about Brendan Rodgers not having much money to spend:

I have no pity for the Jacks at all, not after the way they've laughed at us since the Reading match. They've been very smug, and next season will be a big shock for them IMO. There's not a chance that I would ever want the Jacks to win a football match, and I hope they get trounced every week - so we can all watch on MOTD. Don't get me started on Huw Jenkins,

However, I do feel sorry for BR. I think he's a decent bloke, and seems like a really honest person. Once he leaves Swansea, I hope he does a really good job somewhere else. People laughed when they appointed him, but it was a very clever appointment - no desimilar to Malky.

Also, I feel that we are much better equipped for the Premier League than they are. When we get there, might not even be this season, could be in four or five years time, I think we'll stay there and press on. I can see us becoming a very similar club to the likes of Aston Villa and Everton.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:43 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:This is what I put on Carmarthen's thread, about Brendan Rodgers not having much money to spend:

I have no pity for the Jacks at all, not after the way they've laughed at us since the Reading match. They've been very smug, and next season will be a big shock for them IMO. There's not a chance that I would ever want the Jacks to win a football match, and I hope they get trounced every week - so we can all watch on MOTD. Don't get me started on Huw Jenkins,

However, I do feel sorry for BR. I think he's a decent bloke, and seems like a really honest person. Once he leaves Swansea, I hope he does a really good job somewhere else. People laughed when they appointed him, but it was a very clever appointment - no desimilar to Malky.

Also, I feel that we are much better equipped for the Premier League than they are. When we get there, might not even be this season, could be in four or five years time, I think we'll stay there and press on. I can see us becoming a very similar club to the likes of Aston Villa and Everton.

i did see that yes. four or 5 years ? do you think malky could do a rogers???

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:46 am

bluebirds23 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:This is what I put on Carmarthen's thread, about Brendan Rodgers not having much money to spend:

I think they're in the same mould. I'm not saying it will take five years, but I think our supporters need to prepare themselves that it won't happen overnight.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:48 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

I think they're in the same mould. I'm not saying it will take five years, but I think our supporters need to prepare themselves that it won't happen overnight.

i agree fella think mm will take us a step in right direction :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:50 am

bluebirds23 wrote:

I think they're in the same mould. I'm not saying it will take five years, but I think our supporters need to prepare themselves that it won't happen overnight.[/quote]

i agree fella think mm will take us a step in right direction :ayatollah:[/quote]

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:58 am

Top 10 for me this season.anything else will be a pleasant bonus but i feel malky as long as hes backed will get us there in a bout 3 years :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its nice to lower our expectation levels to give MM time.It will do us the world of good.Im looking forward to seeing us play good football WIN,LOSE or DRAW.

Top 10 ill be happy for MM new team to build on!!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:59 am

piroteczz wrote:Top 10 for me this season.anything else will be a pleasant bonus but i feel malky as long as hes backed will get us there in a bout 3 years :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Its nice to lower our expectation levels to give MM time.It will do us the world of good.Im looking forward to seeing us play good football WIN,LOSE or DRAW.

Top 10 ill be happy for MM new team to build on!!!!!!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:19 am

bluebirds23 wrote:a prem league club?

few years or do you think it could be in next 1 or 2?

Not this season but next. You have to look at the teams that have come down and how others have added! We need a season to gel...

Can't wait to see how well we play under Malky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:31 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

I also think it might not happen this season. Let's give MM the time to put his mark on the team. Really looking forward to a new style of football.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Never got to the Ist Division/Prem in all the time I have been watching the City and if I am honest and take off my blue tinted glasses I don't think we ever will in my lifetime. I really believe we blew our chance against Blackpool and I don't think we will get anywhere as near again for a long long time.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:10 pm

rogers took over the jacks with the same squad left from the manager before and got a few faces in himself mm took over us with 11squad players totally diffrent thing all together theres no way mm will take us up this year i dont care either it will take 1-2seasons to get a squad he builds and ditch whatever crap dj had under him and are left under contract so not much mm can do but use what he has untill they run down or ships out what he dont want and bring in players in meantime :ayatollah: