Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: JAY BOTHROYD

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:29 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:
Stan-QPR wrote:Signed for QPR this morning I am reliably informed.

After Danny Graham agreed to join us then done a last minute U turn nothing is official until its on the offy site but as I say was told he signed on this morning & hoping for DJ Campbell to follow suit despite strong interest from Sunderland.

:ayatollah:

;) ;) ;)

Watch him play under a PROPER manager. One of the best motivators in the game. Great signing on a free. :ayatollah:

to be fair, dave jones has been the only manager so far to get the best out of him consistantly, and hes had a few managers! he won't like warnocks style as he needs to be babysat, good luck to him though, hes been worth the money we paid for him and i hope he does well for you but i doubt it.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:30 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:

After Danny Graham agreed to join us then done a last minute U turn nothing is official until its on the offy site but as I say was told he signed on this morning & hoping for DJ Campbell to follow suit despite strong interest from Sunderland.

;) ;) ;)

Watch him play under a PROPER manager. One of the best motivators in the game. Great signing on a free. :ayatollah:
it will be very interesting ten games into the season to see your view on bothroyd,top player when he can be bothered(which sadly aint very often)

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:34 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:

;) ;) ;)

If I were a QPR fan I would be worriee about having two prima donnas in the team (Jay and Taarabt). But then again I'd be more excited about signing DJ Campbell than Jay. I really rate Campbell.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:41 pm

Stan warnock will get the very best out of him that im sure of :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:42 pm

Don't think Warnock will have a problem getting JB to play. He has handled Adel Taarabt absolutely magnificently so Jay should be a walk in the park.

Phatfrog I agree. DJ was always first choice for me so really hoping we can tie him up. Him & JB is a very good front 2 given good supply.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:43 pm

earniebluemark2 wrote:Stan warnock will get the very best out of him that im sure of :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I fully agree mate. A lot on here slagging him off but as mentioned before DJ one of the most miserable passionless managers alive was hardly going to get him playing like a superstar. Warnock will make him believe he's the best in the world.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:07 pm

Bothroyd is a player with undoubted talent, but for me he just gets knocked off the ball much to easily for a guy his size and he is a real lazy player. The way he bottled that fifty fifty with the Reading keeper in the play off semi final second leg was scandalous too. I won't lose any sleep with him signing for someone else. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:45 am

Stan-QPR wrote:
earniebluemark2 wrote:Stan warnock will get the very best out of him that im sure of :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I fully agree mate. A lot on here slagging him off but as mentioned before DJ one of the most miserable passionless managers alive was hardly going to get him playing like a superstar. Warnock will make him believe he's the best in the world.

Stan I wish QPR well in the Prem, but don't expect too much of JB.

JB is Mr inconsistent. On his day he looks a Prem player, off his day he looks a Div 1 player. One thing is for sure if you are in a relegation fight you can not count on Jay. When the chips are down and you are looking for leaders and players to get stuck in, count Jay out, he would rather come off the pitch with an injury.

I was told this by a Wolves fan when we signed Jay and the guy was spot on. Jay has played for 9 clubs and no one has offered him a new contract, says it all.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:46 am

A cheeky bet but id say its a possibility he may end up at Swansea Shitty. Bothroyd has dissapointed me so much with his hatred towards Cardiff Fans !!!

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:56 am

I m gonna love seeing Neil Warnock ripping is own hair out as Bothroyd sits on his Arse with his hands in the air :lol: :lol: :lol: