Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Campsites in Wales

Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Does anyone know any good campsites that would let a group of 17-18 year olds in for 6 days?

Cheers for any advice in advance

:ayatollah:

Re: Campsites in Wales

Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:53 pm

dare valley country park does i think

check out www.ukcampsites.co.uk do a search and give the ones you like a ring :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:56 pm

I'm sure you're good people, but i'm glad i won't be the poor sod camping next to a bunch of teenagers for 6 days :lol: :lol: :lol: No offence.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Krel wrote:I'm sure you're good people, but i'm glad i won't be the poor sod camping next to a bunch of teenagers for 6 days :lol: :lol: :lol: No offence.

I know what you mean thats why I want to get the right site thats spread out so we dont disturb anyone

Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Llangennith down the Gower is good and always attracts youngsters.

You will have to have your bbq's etc in the dunes though as they don't allow fires on the site.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:47 pm

Will give them all a browse :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Nathan Walker wrote:
Krel wrote:I'm sure you're good people, but i'm glad i won't be the poor sod camping next to a bunch of teenagers for 6 days :lol: :lol: :lol: No offence.

I know what you mean thats why I want to get the right site thats spread out so we dont disturb anyone

Nathan,hats off to you for giving a f**k! Top man

Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:03 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:Llangennith down the Gower is good and always attracts youngsters.

You will have to have your bbq's etc in the dunes though as they don't allow fires on the site.

If it's the main big site you are talking about they won't let groups of teens on the site. We had to sweet talk them to let 7 of us (30 year old men) stay, And it''s not as cheap as it used to be! :old:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:21 pm

SA17 Bluebird wrote:Llangennith down the Gower is good and always attracts youngsters.

Hill End at Llangennith is great...make sure you don't all arrive together...i.e. more than one vehicle with perhaps 15 minutes between arrivals.

They don't like obvious big gangs, and the moody woman on the gate will send you packing before you get through the gate if there are 10 of you in a mini !!

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:53 pm

Hill End is a great site as far as the location goes, but the staff are a miserable bunch of sods. Also you can't book in advance, so if it's good weather it's very often full by Friday evening.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:55 pm

Kanester wrote:

If it's the main big site you are talking about they won't let groups of teens on the site. We had to sweet talk them to let 7 of us (30 year old men) stay, And it''s not as cheap as it used to be! :old:

Times must have changed a bit! I remember going there (admittedly about 15 years ago :old: ) and we had a huge group of us with a generator, turntables and a pretty loud sound system. They just let us use a separate field next to where everyone else was camping.

The Kings Head pub always used to be pretty good too wouldn't have a clue what it is like these days though.

Me and a big group of mates also used to go camping down in Pembrokeshire to a place that was on the main road between Saundersfoot and Tenby. Can't remember the name of the place but it was run by the ultimate battle axe of a woman and wouldn't have been out of place in a carry on camping film. You could get away with a big group by booking separately and pretending not to know each other.... It's basically just a field with a toilet and shower block but was handy for getting to Saundersfoot and Tenby for a night out. I think you had to leave a $10 deposit with the battle axe and if you got caught misbehaving or bringing back a girl you lost the deposit! :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:04 pm

Bondibluebird, i think your talking about New hedges on the top of the headland, stunning view over Saundersfoot, it's agood shout, a big site with plenty of room to find your own spot if your going to be noisy. Can be a bit exposed if the weather is bad though.

Another one that might be worth a try is a site called Fairview Farm, Pinged, near Pembrey. Just a basic field, you can have a fire and make noise. There is a (crap) pub about 15 minutes walk away.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:18 pm

harold pinta wrote:Bondibluebird, i think your talking about New hedges on the top of the headland, stunning view over Saundersfoot, it's agood shout, a big site with plenty of room to find your own spot if your going to be noisy. Can be a bit exposed if the weather is bad though.

Another one that might be worth a try is a site called Fairview Farm, Pinged, near Pembrey. Just a basic field, you can have a fire and make noise. There is a (crap) pub about 15 minutes walk away.

Could well be mate, I can't remember the name but I think it is on the main road and pretty much above the road that goes down into Saundersfoot so you could walk down into Saundersfoot. It was literally just a hedged field with toliets and showers and nothing else. Great times though!

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:27 am

Newgale in Pembrokeshire is another one - used to be anyway.

On the road by the beach. Pub nearby.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:29 pm

Some great campsites mentioned here lads.

Much appreciated :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:34 pm

harold pinta wrote:Hill End is a great site as far as the location goes, but the staff are a miserable bunch of sods. Also you can't book in advance, so if it's good weather it's very often full by Friday evening.

You need to get there really early especially on a Friday and if there's a big swell coming in as this is a surfers camp site 'mainly' it gets full really quickly, but the faclities are great, makes for very comfortable camping.. :ayatollah: