Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

sunny beach, bulgaria

Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:38 pm

Off there tomorrow, anyone been?

Re: sunny beach, bulgaria

Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:58 pm

stokesy_ccfc wrote:Off there tomorrow, anyone been?

Hold on tight to your wallet, notorious for pickpockets, weather can be a bit in and out but cheap as chips there - have fun.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:04 pm

stayed just outside sunny beach a few years ago. had a great time and it was really cheap over there.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:19 pm

Went there last year,42p for a pint , spirit and cocktails was buy 1 get 1 free all night, don't take no fruit off the gypos if u do they want the equivalent of 20 quid for a bag of fruit and loads of them crowd round when you tell them bollocks,we was warned by hotel rep but see it happen a few times mainly to the Germans but we had a great time out there, you'll enjoy it

Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:19 pm

My parents have a house not so far from Sunny Beach, about an hour away. You'll love it over there. Just keep your whits about you like any other place in the world as there are pickpockets about. However, i've never had a problem there and its nowhere near as bad as Porto in Portugal for pickpockets etc.

Don't change your money on the street. They will give you an old invalid currency and not the newer lev that is used there today. If that happens then there is nothing you can do as far as im aware. Always go to a currency counter that looks legit.

You'll love Sunny Beach. The beach is lovely and the place itself has a lot to offer. There is plenty to do for adults as well as children ( water parks, etc).

The food in Sunny Beach can be expensive as its a tourist destination. The same for Nesebar which is a lovely small town but due to the high levels of tourism the prices are high. Drink their lager and not ours as ours costs a bomb over there. You'll be look at about paying 7-9 leva for a pint of our lager and its a lot cheaper for their's or a neighbouring countries, which in my opinion is a lot nicer anyway.

Kamenitza, Staropramen and Zagorka are a few that are cheap there.

To say no you shake your head up and down, to say yes you shake it side to side. Just remember that. I know its the opposite but thats the way it is. It can be hard to get used to especially when you just want something to eat and are in a rush.

Im positive you'll have an amazing time over there. I love it over there and I'll most likely move over there after university and set up a business over there in my profession, especially considering the prices to start up over here are sky rocketing.

Outside of the tourist areas you'll get things a lot cheaper. If you're hiring a car you may want to drive around, if not then see if your tourist guide can recommend some places.

Some places I recommend are;

Sea Gardens - Bourgas
Nesebar
Sunny Beach, the main square - one night club has a swimming pool in the middle of it
Along the front of Sunny Beach - loads going on in the day

The people over there are very very welcoming and the service from waiters/waitresses is brilliant and they treat you with respect. Most of them deserve the tips they get for their service, unlike a lot of them over here with their attitudes, but thats another story.

Oh, one final note, A lot of Bulgarian women are beautiful. Some of them will leave your draw dropping.

Anyway, all in all, have a great time, im sure you will.

Important Tips to remember

- buy their lager, not our imported lager
- change currency at legit looking place only
- look about for deals on meals/drinks etc.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:33 pm

went 3 years ago . nice weather , plenty to do and cheap as chips

has a bit of reputation regarding pick pockets etc but was fine when i was over there

Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:59 pm

Thanks guys, really excited now.. have you heard of the maridian centre? Thats where we are staying, and any idea what the prices are for cider as thats all i drink :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:40 pm

I went there few years back, lovley weather, beach and people are sort of friendly :D

Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:56 pm

stokesy_ccfc wrote:Thanks guys, really excited now.. have you heard of the maridian centre? Thats where we are staying, and any idea what the prices are for cider as thats all i drink :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

our cider will be expensive to be honest. Might not be so bad in the hotel but in the bars and so on cider (strongbow, magners) is expensive.

better of going on shorts and drinking their own alcohol. I was on russian vodka and coke etc and its cheap etc.

one place was 20 shots for 10 leva so 20 shots for about £5 lol.