Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

seville training ground

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:19 pm

anyone know where it is, i have asked barrie Mc on twitter and was told this

@bluebirdnips Sorry Andrew, but the management team want the training sessions to be private. Friday will be a good night. Interaction etc

byut if im out there im gonna be looking no matter what they say im a fan and want to see how were shaping up.

Re: seville training ground

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:26 pm

Seville Olympic Stadium
of Isla Cartuja. Sector North
West Building - Gate E - 4 ยช planta

Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:11 pm

the photos i have seen puts them out in the country (like the vale)
not inside a stadium ?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:47 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:anyone know where it is, i have asked barrie Mc on twitter and was told this

@bluebirdnips Sorry Andrew, but the management team want the training sessions to be private. Friday will be a good night. Interaction etc

byut if im out there im gonna be looking no matter what they say im a fan and want to see how were shaping up.

I understand that the team's base is a considerable distance from Seville - nearly 1 hour by car.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:59 pm

Coria del Rio, just south of Seville is where the game against Charlton is taking place. So presumably they are there?

The squad will travel to the South Coast of the country on Saturday 9th July, returning a week later on Saturday 16th July. They will play one fixture during their time abroad - against Charlton Athletic at Estadio Guadalquivir del Coria C.F. on Friday, 15th July.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:20 pm

harold pinta wrote:Coria del Rio, just south of Seville is where the game against Charlton is taking place. So presumably they are there?

The squad will travel to the South Coast of the country on Saturday 9th July, returning a week later on Saturday 16th July. They will play one fixture during their time abroad - against Charlton Athletic at Estadio Guadalquivir del Coria C.F. on Friday, 15th July.

I understand that the training base is over an hour from Coria del Rio.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:20 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:the photos i have seen puts them out in the country (like the vale)
not inside a stadium ?

That Olympic stadium is surrounded by tennis courts and countryside. It is about 15 minutes away from the airport. To get there come out of the airport and aim for Seville itself. Once on the main road you will see a turnoff for Merida, less than half way after you leave airport. Take that turnoff and drive for about 10 minutes. That stadium will appear on your right you cant miss it.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:29 pm

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 29,00.html

the 2nd picture on there looks like seville in the background. there's a golf course in front of the pitch. not that it's much help but a few clues.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:03 pm

The place I heard named is a long way from Seville.