Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" SUNDAY 10th JULY 2011 MINI-UPDATE "

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:07 pm

Craig Bellamy has become an outcast at Man City by Roberto Mancini and Craig Bellamy has said he wants to leave and not work with Mancini, Bellamy and Mancini have not spoken for over 18 months and only talk through agents now and Bellamy feels it is personal between them.

Man City want the full money up front for Bellamy and preferably want him sold not loaned out, that is their stance at present. Celtic will not pay full amount and sign Bellamy but still want him on loan, it is expected that when Celtic return from Australia they will up their offer to take him loan but as I have said so far Man City only want to sell him or have a club pay for all his wages in full if he goes on loan for a whole season.

Bellamy is standing his ground with Mancini at the moment and our best chance is if one side gives in and terminates the contact as a middle ground is unlikely at present. Will Cardiff City pay the £4million asking price? very unlikely. Will they pay all his wages to have him on loan? Definitely not, Craig knows that City will go as far as £30k pw and that is final.

Craig Bellamy will not play for free and who in their right mind would do so, to do that he would give up on £5million that is left of Man City contract, I don't know anyone in football or outside of it who would give up that sort of money.

Stoke have offered the full amount to Man City but Bellamy has turned them down and has reiterated that he wants to come to Cardiff but if a deal cannot be done then Celtic would be his next choice.

Craig will train with the youth team at Man City and the situation is resolved and he is determined not to lose out on the money that goes towards his Sierra Leone foundation that is made up in his wages.

It could be many weeks before City or Bellamy knows his fate.

City are not hanging around waiting for Bellamy and I understand that the club has made moves for Wayne Routledge. At this moment in time I do not know what the response has been from Routledge or his agent but as soon as I hear anything I will update.

The Norwegian player that Malky Mackay has identified the talks have stalled at present but if there is any movement then I will update as and when anything happens. I do not wish to give the reason on the stalling just yet but if the situation is the same at the end of the transfer window then I will hopefully be in a better position to give the reason.

Alexei Eremenko is very much wanted by Malky but he faces stiff competition from other clubs for his services and I am told that the club will be working hard to get a deal done sooner rather later. Hopefully there will be something to report this week.

On Thursday evening I spoke with Peter Ridsdale about Joe Mason and asked him if what I had been told about Mason having a medical at City the following morning was true and Peter said "how the hell do you know that Carl?", I asked Peter what was the Mason like as a player and his response was that he is talented but only produces every 1 in 3. That is the job of Mackay to get him to do it regularly. But he did stress that Mason has certainly got talent and believes the club are getting a very good player.

I understand that Malky Mackay has spoken with players and staff who were here last season about Jay Bothroyd, as his agent is still touting Jay to the club. I am told that there were not many in favour of Jay returning. Will this end MM's interest in Jay? When we hear that MM wants a camaraderie amongst the squad then I think we all know what the answer is.

David Goodwillie - A deal has been agreed but the Malaysians want assurances over his pending court cases before finally sanctioning the deal, there was a meeting on Friday with Goodwillie's solicitors and I have not heard the outcome as yet of this meeting and again as soon as I do then I will update.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

My Previous update
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52435 :ayatollah:

Re: " SUNDAY 10th JULY 2011 MINI-UPDATE "

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:10 pm

Fantastic update cheers Dec! ;)

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:11 pm

Thanks a lot carl for the update :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:11 pm

interesting about routledge
i would welcome him back personally
he is the perfect dangerman we could do with :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:12 pm

fantastic carl fair play mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:13 pm

greaT update CaRl !! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Thank's for the update Carl, hope Routlege finally comes back to us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:14 pm

I understand that Malky Mackay has spoken with players and staff who were here last season about Jay Bothroyd, as his agent is still touting Jay to the club. I am told that there were not many in favour of Jay returning. Will this end MM's interest in Jay? When we hear that MM wants a camaraderie amongst the squad then I think we all know what the answer is.

Like I said before, he'd make a good taxi driver at night and early morning!!! :lol:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:15 pm

arri potta wrote:I understand that Malky Mackay has spoken with players and staff who were here last season about Jay Bothroyd, as his agent is still touting Jay to the club. I am told that there were not many in favour of Jay returning. Will this end MM's interest in Jay? When we hear that MM wants a camaraderie amongst the squad then I think we all know what the answer is.

Like I said before, he'd make a good taxi driver at night and early morning!!! :lol:

:lol:

Nice one carl as always :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Small update my ass. You under played that one.

If I was Bellamy I'd take a year out from playing and take my £90k a week from Man City.

I wonder what he would take as a pay off if Man City cancelled his contract? If he said I'll take half my salary that would be £45k a week saved by Man City and Bellera could come here with a £75k a week wage.

Jay can fk off as far as I'm concerned. He can have a three year contract on the same wages he was on before. Bellamy is never gonna come back let's be honest. I'd love Routledge back and I think him on the right and Conway on the left would be deadly!

Cracking Carl but whats that Norwegens name ?

Nukes was right then............For now viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52261

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:16 pm

not so mini, very informative :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:17 pm

Alexei Eremenko how much will we offer carl or is he free? :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:17 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:Cracking Carl but whats that Norwegens name ?

Keeping under wraps for time being ;) :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:18 pm

Awesome up date :ayatollah: But who's this Norweigen ?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:19 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:Alexei Eremenko how much will we offer carl or is he free? :ayatollah:

He has one year left on his contract I believe. Great update as usual Carl. If we sign Eremenko and Routledge our midfield would be complete, good to hear the Goodwillie deal is still on as well :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:20 pm

carlccfc wrote:
TheTrueBlue7 wrote:Cracking Carl but whats that Norwegens name ?

Keeping under wraps for time being ;) :ayatollah:

Cheers Cheif :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:21 pm

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:Awesome up date :ayatollah: But who's this Norweigen ?

Go through their last european game squad and see who you would like!!! ;)

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:21 pm

Is it Big John Carew?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:23 pm

think forest want wayne to.

be cracking signing if we can pull it off tho :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Thanks Carl.

:ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Thanks Carl -Bothroyd can stay away as far as I am concerned, he did not perorm for us really after his England debut.

I would give Routledge the opportunity though - just have to wait and see
:ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:27 pm

With the £400m Man City will receive for the naming rights for the stadium they can afford to just let Graig rot in the reserves all next season

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:27 pm

Brilliant news re: Goodwillie

So if he's innocent, he's ours :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:28 pm

Alexei Eremenko is very much wanted by Malky but he faces stiff competition from other clubs for his services and I am told that the club will be working hard to get a deal done sooner rather later. Hopefully there will be something to report this week.

What teams are we competing with?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:30 pm

Can't wait for the new season if we get Eremenko and Routledge :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:33 pm

I guess Man City hold all the cards.

You can't play hardball with a club that has that much money to waste.

Great news about Goodwillie.