Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SUNDAY 10th JULY 2011 MINI-UPDATE "

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:33 pm

some great news there, so do we have money to spend? :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:41 pm

I like the fact Malky has solicited the opinion of those who know Bothroyd. Reckon it's unlikely he'll sign a player that so often bottles it.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:43 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Id love routledge,goodwillie and eremenko we would be a real force in this league then and best of all they would be ours .... I feel bellamy will not come back now but as much as i love the guy im glad we are not going to risk ourselves financialy for a player who has 1 maybe 2 at a push seasons left

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:47 pm

We best move quickly for Routledge then:

http://www.nufcblog.com/2011/07/08/newc ... routledge/

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:48 pm

CF3 1927 wrote:We best move quickly for Routledge then:

http://www.nufcblog.com/2011/07/08/newc ... routledge/

i was right then thought i read some where forest wanted him

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks Carl, good update and some interesting stuff in there.

I hope Bells is back this season, would be such a lift. Eremenko, Routledge and Goodwillie would all be "marquee" signings as well.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:51 pm

Rout ledge is a class player but I can,t see him coming to us. I believe that he is not far off joining Forest. We had our chance a few years back but the board then did not want to spend the money and he went to QPR. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:I guess Man City hold all the cards.

Nope.

You can't play hardball with a club that has that much money to waste.

Yes you can. Especially when new European club finance regulations apply.

Great news about Goodwillie.

Well, his solicitors would be optimistic. They are paid to be. Let's hope the talks revolved around when the case is.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:56 pm

Another top update
Cheers Carl
:ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:58 pm

Wayne S wrote:Small update my ass. You under played that one.

If I was Bellamy I'd take a year out from playing and take my £90k a week from Man City.

I wonder what he would take as a pay off if Man City cancelled his contract? If he said I'll take half my salary that would be £45k a week saved by Man City and Bellera could come here with a £75k a week wage.

That's what I was thinking. Though it was reported from several sources that he is on £80k a week at Man C. So if we are prepared to pay him £30k he needs £50k a week from them ie around £2.5m pay off to end his contract. Peanuts to Man City's owners and saving them £1.5m

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:59 pm

Routledge is class at this level, go get him Malky....

Cheers for the info Carl.......

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:59 pm

moonboots wrote:

If I was Bellamy I'd take a year out from playing and take my £90k a week from Man City.

I wonder what he would take as a pay off if Man City cancelled his contract? If he said I'll take half my salary that would be £45k a week saved by Man City and Bellera could come here with a £75k a week wage.

That's what I was thinking. Though it was reported from several sources that he is on £80k a week at Man C. So if we are prepared to pay him £30k he needs £50k a week from them ie around £2.5m pay off to end his contract. Peanuts to Man City's owners and saving them £1.5m

Think he's on £90k.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:02 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
moonboots wrote:

Think he's on £90k.

He's on a lot, put it that way :lol:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:02 pm

Bluebina wrote:Routledge is class at this level, go get him Malky....

Cheers for the info Carl.......

He had a big influence in getting both Newcastle and QPR promoted from the Championship.....

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:04 pm

If the problem between bellamy and mancini is personel hes probably not letting bellsmy go to spite him more than financial reasons. i feel they can afford to let him go and keep him rotting with the reserves. so if you want to spite someone what would you do. Certainly wouldnt give him a move to the club he wants thats for sure.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:05 pm

g8 update as always carl would love john carew and routledge, goodwillie :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:09 pm

Cardiffcityfc wrote:If the problem between bellamy and mancini is personel hes probably not letting bellsmy go to spite him more than financial reasons. i feel they can afford to let him go and keep him rotting with the reserves. so if you want to spite someone what would you do. Certainly wouldnt give him a move to the club he wants thats for sure.

I believe thats the problem, its personal.

DJ was the same, if he never liked a player.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:10 pm

carlccfc wrote:
TheTrueBlue7 wrote:Cracking Carl but whats that Norwegens name ?

Keeping under wraps for time being ;) :ayatollah:

What position......that wouldn't give anything away????

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:11 pm

Cardiffcityfc wrote:If the problem between bellamy and mancini is personel hes probably not letting bellsmy go to spite him more than financial reasons. i feel they can afford to let him go and keep him rotting with the reserves. so if you want to spite someone what would you do. Certainly wouldnt give him a move to the club he wants thats for sure.

How is it any different from last year? It was personal between them then.

I think the deal between Man City and us was done mainly with Cook - not Mancini.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:13 pm

Bluebird_steve wrote:
He's on a lot, put it that way :lol:
[/quote]

Remember he needs it for the academy mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:15 pm

jon1959 wrote:

How is it any different from last year? It was personal between them then.

I think the deal between Man City and us was done mainly with Cook - not Mancini.

Good point but who knows whats happend between them since hes been back even though they havent spoke bellamy couldv of slagged him off to someone and its got back to mancini you just never no

come on Malky sign up Eremenko that bloke is class love to see him in blue of Cardiff, Goodwillie hopefully he signs both players full of goals and quality
Love to see Routledge back though he's a quality player but a bit of an ass :roll:
But come Mackay keep bringing them in :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So if all goes well in court tomorrow, Goodwillie could be a Bluebird as early as Tuesday??????

I am more concerned with that deal than any other, think this guy is going to be one hell of a player!

Fingers crossed he dont get banged up then!!!! :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Some scottish reporter on Talkspot this morning (didn't catch his name) reckoned the Celtic Bellamy deal was dead in the water.)
Last edited by Elwood Blues on Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:17 pm

Great update Carl have you finally finished Annis' book now, not too sure about Jay, is Malky asking players' opinions as there aren't a lot of target men left available out there and he's thinking about bringing him back?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:19 pm

It would be great if Routledge came back, he is still a top winger.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:21 pm

nerd wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:I guess Man City hold all the cards.

Nope.

You can't play hardball with a club that has that much money to waste.

Yes you can. Especially when new European club finance regulations apply.

Great news about Goodwillie.

Well, his solicitors would be optimistic. They are paid to be. Let's hope the talks revolved around when the case is.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And.......

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really don't know how the new financial regulations work and they don't even come into play until the start of 2012 season.

Bellers will be out of contract by then.

Explain why Man City don't hold all the cards?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:56 pm

Thanks Carl.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:52 pm

As usual brill update Carl.
Eremenko, Carew, Routledge, Bellamy, and Goodwilly,
That would make 11 new signings, :ayatollah: wow
Bring next season on. :D