Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SUNDAY 10th JULY 2011 MINI-UPDATE "

Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:42 pm

Thanks carl

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:13 am

Cardiffcityfc wrote:If the problem between bellamy and mancini is personel hes probably not letting bellsmy go to spite him more than financial reasons. i feel they can afford to let him go and keep him rotting with the reserves. so if you want to spite someone what would you do. Certainly wouldnt give him a move to the club he wants thats for sure.

And it would set an example to other players who may want to do the same, do as we say or you can rot in the reserves, the problem is most players (possibly Bellamy or will he play for us for less ?) are happy to do it for the money it provides..........

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:18 am

Cardiffcityfc wrote:
jon1959 wrote:
Cardiffcityfc wrote:If the problem between bellamy and mancini is personel hes probably not letting bellsmy go to spite him more than financial reasons. i feel they can afford to let him go and keep him rotting with the reserves. so if you want to spite someone what would you do. Certainly wouldnt give him a move to the club he wants thats for sure.

How is it any different from last year? It was personal between them then.

I think the deal between Man City and us was done mainly with Cook - not Mancini.

Good point but who knows whats happend between them since hes been back even though they havent spoke bellamy couldv of slagged him off to someone and its got back to mancini you just never no

He's wasn't very complementary in the papers, it will get a reaction, but will it be a positive one ???

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:28 am

Man City really don't want someone at the club upsetting the balance, because reserves are players that are just outside the first team, that's why Craig has spoken out in the papers, will it work? quite possible, but unlikely, myself, if I had a player who I felt would be disruptive, and had the money that Man City have, then he would be gone for the greater good.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:56 am

Thanks carl great update :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:30 am

great "mini" update Carl, crossing fingers for Craig and praying to see him in a city shirt once again. :ayatollah: Would love Routledge back :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:02 am

moonboots wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Small update my ass. You under played that one.

If I was Bellamy I'd take a year out from playing and take my £90k a week from Man City.

I wonder what he would take as a pay off if Man City cancelled his contract? If he said I'll take half my salary that would be £45k a week saved by Man City and Bellera could come here with a £75k a week wage.

That's what I was thinking. Though it was reported from several sources that he is on £80k a week at Man C. So if we are prepared to pay him £30k he needs £50k a week from them ie around £2.5m pay off to end his contract. Peanuts to Man City's owners and saving them £1.5m

Whatever he's on, Bellamy also needs to bring something to the table in order to force through a cancelled contract. It's no good him asking for say 60k a week to cancel his contract with them knowing he will get 30k from us. Man City do not benefit anymore than last year. He will need to say that he is willing to take a bit of a cut in salary.

If he went to Man City and said he would take 40k a week redundancy knowing he will get 30k from us, then it might work. Bellamy still gets 70k a week and Man city get to save 50k a week (£2.5M a year) and may see this as a good compromise.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:10 am

Wayne S wrote:
moonboots wrote:
Wayne S wrote:Small update my ass. You under played that one.

If I was Bellamy I'd take a year out from playing and take my £90k a week from Man City.

I wonder what he would take as a pay off if Man City cancelled his contract? If he said I'll take half my salary that would be £45k a week saved by Man City and Bellera could come here with a £75k a week wage.

That's what I was thinking. Though it was reported from several sources that he is on £80k a week at Man C. So if we are prepared to pay him £30k he needs £50k a week from them ie around £2.5m pay off to end his contract. Peanuts to Man City's owners and saving them £1.5m

Whatever he's on, Bellamy also needs to bring something to the table in order to force through a cancelled contract. It's no good him asking for say 60k a week to cancel his contract with them knowing he will get 30k from us. Man City do not benefit anymore than last year. He will need to say that he is willing to take a bit of a cut in salary.

I think even that is too generous for a player of Bellamy's ability, at this moment in time, I would say his worth is no more than £60k a week all in. Man City should pay him £1.5 million to settle his contract and he should be allowed to play for us for £30k, that seems a fair settlement all round to me.

If he went to Man City and said he would take 40k a week redundancy knowing he will get 30k from us, then it might work. Bellamy still gets 70k a week and Man city get to save 50k a week (£2.5M a year) and may see this as a good compromise.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi Carl,
You said "David Goodwillie - A deal has been agreed but the Malaysians want assurances over his pending court cases before finally sanctioning the deal, there was a meeting on Friday with Goodwillie's solicitors and I have not heard the outcome as yet of this meeting and again as soon as I do then I will update."
I presume you mean both court cases ,but if the "rape" case may be some time away or may even be dropped this could drag on for some time or am I missing the point somewhere ?
cheers
Ian
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:23 am

Excellent update as always! :ayatollah: