Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

*POLL* Would you welcome Routledge back?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: *POLL* Would you welcome Wayne Routledge back?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Taffs Well Blue wrote:
SeanJr wrote:
Taffs Well Blue wrote:Given the choice of Bellamy or Routledge I would take Routledge, if it did happen it would show real intent of aiming for the top next year

I know it's your opinion but come on! are you fucked in the head or something? :lol: Bellamy is a far better player and a bluebird at heart (not just in it for the money).

I want both though :ayatollah:

Who made the greatest contribution for their respective teams last season you will find it is Routledge, Bellamy had a good finish to the season but where was he for most of it?

I actually think Bellamy had a huge impact to the team (just because QPR got promoted doesn't mean he had a greater impact - they were collectively better than us and didn't bottle it/self destruct) I don't know the stats for sure but i'd be amazed if Routledge scored and created as many goals as Bellamy from January. Bellamy's end of season form was incredible, despite all our off field shit he almost dragged us up. I still believe had it not been for his injury at Reading we'd be in the Premier League now.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:46 pm

yes without doubt!!!!! he was the best winger we have had since i been watching the city!!!!!

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:57 pm

Yes! Cant get better in this division :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:06 pm

Yes 100 Percent :ayatollah: :ayatollah: hes absolute quality :ayatollah: :ayatollah: is he Linked then ?? have i missed something ??

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:43 pm

Principles wise no, not with a barge pole.

Ability wise you cant fault him but I dont know.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:00 am

It's not even worth debating, without a doubt I would have Routledge back at the City. He is the exact type of right winger that we need at the club and our midfield would be complete for the first game of the season as we would have - Conway Gunnarsson Cowie Routledge, in the middle of the park, and that would be an amazing midfield. We would definitely be challenging for the league with a midfield like that, as well as Earnshaw and Goodwillie up front.

Please Wayne come back to the City!!!

Bloooooooooooobirds

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:05 am

he is a greeedy c**t ....but what footballer isnt these days

the boy is a quality footballer and would be probably the signing of the pre season

please get him in, as much as i dont like the guy as a person he would be excellent for city :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:55 am

Certainly hes a quality player :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:00 am

Looks like the Jerks have bid 1.5m for him :(

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:04 am

Defo I would. I always thought he was great when he played for us. Go get him! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:45 am

definitely :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:59 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14104170.stm

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:14 pm

Does make me chuckle the double standards that jay Bothroyd is getting slated for looking for as much money as possible yet everyones claiming its ok for Routledge :lol:

Just noticed the Jacks are in for him, and I would imagine Warnock will want him back as well so little chance he will end up here. Especially the abuse hes got the twice he has come back since his first stint.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:03 pm

blueheaven wrote:Looks like the Jerks have bid 1.5m for him :(

he ll run a mile when they offer him 8k a week

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:12 pm

Why do swansea think Fulham will accept £2m for a player who is good enough for Fulham's starting line up and will be worth £10m in a few years time?

Why would Routledge sign for a team who pay small wages? His agent will have a heart attack once he drives into the city centre there and sees their rented flat pack stadium and municipal training pitch.

They will struggle like Blackpool did last summmer and end up with a load of people nobody has ever heard of just to supplement their squad, the squad that was good enough just to scrape through the play offs. Imagine if Forest had been given thsoe 2 blatant handballs :roll:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:YES WITHOUT A DOUBT

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53093 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Just on Sky Sports News that Swansea have had 1.5 million bid accepted, would have been a good signing!

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:06 pm

Yes. Never understood the flak directed at him. We could'nt afford him last time. Not his fault.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:33 am

it's a no brainer really, he is quality and I would welcome him back at a drop of a hat :D
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:16 am

Danny Says wrote:Why do swansea think Fulham will accept £2m for a player who is good enough for Fulham's starting line up and will be worth £10m in a few years time?

Why would Routledge sign for a team who pay small wages? His agent will have a heart attack once he drives into the city centre there and sees their rented flat pack stadium and municipal training pitch.

They will struggle like Blackpool did last summmer and end up with a load of people nobody has ever heard of just to supplement their squad, the squad that was good enough just to scrape through the play offs. Imagine if Forest had been given thsoe 2 blatant handballs :roll:

I cant stand the Jacks myself but you are just making yourself look foolish with these sour grapes statements.

The surrounding area of Swansea, the Gower, for example, would be a fantastic place to live, and theres nowhere in Cardiff that would top living there.