Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" STUNNED "

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:26 pm

Cardiff City have Needed to Advertise it, A year ago there was a Massive waiting list.

My Daughters have been Mascots and I have to say, IT WAS SUPERB and FIRST CLASS, My Kids loved it and I loved it even more :oops: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The price has gone up considerable though.

2011/12 MASCOT & BIRTHDAY PACKAGES
Posted on: Wed 29 Jun 2011

As the Bluebirds' 2011/12 nPower Championship season draws ever nearer, why not take the opportunity of treating your special City Kid to a day they'll never forget?

Cardiff City Football Club are now taking bookings for official Mascot, Birthday and Matchday packages for the new season. Read on to find out more!

Mascot Package 2011/12

This season, Cardiff City Football Club are putting on sale one mascot package per game, with a second mascot spot going to a child from a local charitible cause.

If you wish to purchase a mascot package for any of our twenty-three home league games this season (spots will also be available for cup games and friendlies, including our game on July 30th with Parma) then this is the information you'll need to know:

·The Mascot package includes a Family ticket for the game, entitling two adults and two children seats in our Family Stand.

·Each mascot will receive a match-day programme (featuring an article on themselves); a framed photograph to take away on the day; a personalised certificate and thank-you letter signed by Malky Mackay.

·Each mascot will receive a goody-bag and free membership to the Club's City Kids scheme.

·Each mascot will be provided with full Cardiff City kit to wear on the field.

The price of a mascot package for the forthcoming season is £159. In order for us to offer this special opportunity to as many youngsters as possible, we won't be accepting any bookings for those who represented the Club as official mascot last season (2010/11). Contact Matt Holland via matchdaypackages@cardiffcityfc.co.uk for further details.

Re: " STUNNED "

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:28 pm

Its a f*cking disgrace u have to pay to be a mascot, tickets fair enough, but tob a mascot and charge is quite daft!! Kids should be drawn at random not based on only those with parents that can afford it :twisted:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:29 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Its a f*cking disgrace u have to pay to be a mascot, tickets fair enough, but tob a mascot and charge is quite daft!! Kids should be drawn at random not based on only those with parents that can afford it :twisted:

In the 80s/90s it was FREE, 2 yrs ago you just had to buy the full kit.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:30 pm

Glad to see the club have upped their game with what you get for their money. As much as we enjoyed it last year, I felt it wasn't worth the fee when you added on the other expenses for tickets, strips etc so well done to those behind the scenes.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:Its a f*cking disgrace u have to pay to be a mascot, tickets fair enough, but tob a mascot and charge is quite daft!! Kids should be drawn at random not based on only those with parents that can afford it :twisted:

In the 80s/90s it was FREE, 2 yrs ago you just had to buy the full kit.

It was free for all of us at Rotherham - invited by Durban - oh no, got that wrong we were pitch invading the dugouts :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:32 pm

My mate had his kids mascots for the Cardiff Swansea game last season at the liberty.... One kid was Swansea mascot and the others was Cardiff mascot :lol: and I'm sure he told me he payed for Cardiff mascot and his other kid for Swansea mascot was free!

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:39 pm

I booked it for my boy,he told me there was only middlesboro and peterboro left,so I took the middlesboro on Dec 17.can't wait.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:46 pm

I was mascot back in Ninian Park against Nottingham Forest in 2009 (I think).

Best moment of my life to be honest. :D

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:51 pm

My daughter demi her birthday is in a few months and she would love that.

Thanks annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:54 pm

thewelshfella wrote:My daughter demi her birthday is in a few months and she would love that.

Thanks annis :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I Promise you, your daughter will absolutely love it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:01 pm

I'm only 18, and don't have kids - but think this must be a great package for anybody that does.

Very surprised also that the Club need to advertise it.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:06 pm

That looks a good deal to me.

I don't have kids so I'll never (never say never but I haven't pulled in months) avail myself of this particular deal. The second mascot going to a local Charity has to be applauded though but.

There are several reasonably wealthy people who contribute to this board, I'm not anymore, three gaffs two "wives" eat into ones "pocket money" so I do find myself somewhat skint most of the time. However, I'll bung 50 quid in to a fund for propper fans who might not be in a postion to afford to get their young one on the pitch. The future is the young ones be they future potential supporters, players, business people or whatever. In my opinion this is an opportunity to rid ourselves of the odious reputation of being left wing backward small minded insular pricks.

The future's Blue.
:old:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:20 pm

I Promise you, your daughter will absolutely love it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

Annis my boy is 4 in september so i have been thinking of it.

i was going to get his kit on friday but you said price includes wearing the kit on the pitch.Do you know if they get to keep the kit as i might as well make him a mascot with the price of kits. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:24 pm

corndog70 wrote:I Promise you, your daughter will absolutely love it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i was going to get his kit on friday but you said price includes wearing the kit on the pitch.Do you know if they get to keep the kit as i might as well make him a mascot with the price of kits. :ayatollah:[/quote]

Just show the lad the back door and he can scarper off! :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:25 pm

corndog70 wrote:I Promise you, your daughter will absolutely love it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i was going to get his kit on friday but you said price includes wearing the kit on the pitch.Do you know if they get to keep the kit as i might as well make him a mascot with the price of kits. :ayatollah:[/quote]

They did 2 years ago, ring them tomorrow :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cardiff City have Needed to Advertise it, A year ago there was a Massive waiting list.

My Daughters have been Mascots and I have to say, IT WAS SUPERB and FIRST CLASS, My Kids loved it and I loved it even more :oops: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The price has gone up considerable though.

As the Bluebirds' 2011/12 nPower Championship season draws ever nearer, why not take the opportunity of treating your special City Kid to a day they'll never forget?

Cardiff City Football Club are now taking bookings for official Mascot, Birthday and Matchday packages for the new season. Read on to find out more!

Mascot Package 2011/12

This season, Cardiff City Football Club are putting on sale one mascot package per game, with a second mascot spot going to a child from a local charitible cause.

If you wish to purchase a mascot package for any of our twenty-three home league games this season (spots will also be available for cup games and friendlies, including our game on July 30th with Parma) then this is the information you'll need to know:

·The Mascot package includes a Family ticket for the game, entitling two adults and two children seats in our Family Stand.

·Each mascot will receive a match-day programme (featuring an article on themselves); a framed photograph to take away on the day; a personalised certificate and thank-you letter signed by Malky Mackay.

·Each mascot will receive a goody-bag and free membership to the Club's City Kids scheme.

·Each mascot will be provided with full Cardiff City kit to wear on the field.

The price of a mascot package for the forthcoming season is £159. In order for us to offer this special opportunity to as many youngsters as possible, we won't be accepting any bookings for those who represented the Club as official mascot last season (2010/11). Contact Matt Holland via matchdaypackages@cardiffcityfc.co.uk for further details.

Careful Annis , you wont be a proper fan offering different opinion and views .... Sludge and old blue will be after you !! :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:32 pm

i tried for my granddaughter but you have to be under 11

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:37 pm

My son is mascot for the Leicester game in September, someone I know rung up trying to get their son in for another game and they were told that all positions have sold out. Obviously cup games are unknown yet so keep an eye on things. Only one mascot package for sale per home fixture so I rung on the morning the fixtures were released.

My son had his kit last week. He's so looking forward to it and the fact it's live on Sky is an added bonus. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:40 pm

Jonesyccfc1 wrote:My son is mascot for the Leicester game in September, someone I know rung up trying to get their son in for another game and they were told that all positions have sold out. Obviously cup games are unknown yet so keep an eye on things. Only one mascot package for sale per home fixture so I rung on the morning the fixtures were released.

My son had his kit last week. He's so looking forward to it and the fact it's live on Sky is an added bonus. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

They put This on the Official Site on

AND ITS STILL BEING ADVERTISED.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:49 pm

Peter Ridsdale promised it to my son once - guess what :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Great price to be honest take a look around the other clubs swans this year £450!!