Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why was the Whitchurch Blue post removed ?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:08 pm

Crikey nothings safe around here - its been nicked by the Mods!

Did Sludge struggle for answers and ask for its removal ? what other reason , there were some fantastic fund raising ideas in that thread. Maybe they want to nick the ideas and make them out to be their own ?

Strange.

Re: Why was the Whitchurch Blue post removed ?

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:08 pm

have the mods died ? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:30 pm

Daya wrote:have the mods died ? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Nope we havnt died

I havnt removed it, ive not been on here today

maybe when someone knows, they will reply

:ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:32 pm

probably you were talking nonsense again dayo

I never ask for threads to be removed unless they are lunatic bnp kill the asians type crap

Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:26 pm

power tripping, merlin's been on the mod juice

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:26 pm

shssh now theres a good boy

you dont like the trust , you dont support the trust so dont worry about it and stop pecking your nose in

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:40 pm

Ben wrote:

power tripping, merlin's been on the mod juice

Easy Ben, I was just putting a good word out about you on the other thread! - I have not deleted anything - as I previously stated! ;)

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:27 am

Sludge, like his style or not, Daya presented some pretty good ideas with regards to fundraising.

You can look at those ideas and ignore the poster or simply prejudice those ideas on your view of Daya.

Your call, obviously, but ignoring good ideas due to not liking the person suggesting them is cutting your nose off to spite your face and displaying a level of insularity which ensures the Trust will always be an irrelevance for the overwhelming majority of City fans.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:36 am

nerd wrote:Sludge, like his style or not, Daya presented some pretty good ideas with regards to fundraising.

You can look at those ideas and ignore the poster or simply prejudice those ideas on your view of Daya.

Your call, obviously, but ignoring good ideas due to not liking the person suggesting them is cutting your nose off to spite your face and displaying a level of insularity which ensures the Trust will always be an irrelevance for the overwhelming majority of City fans.

Good post Nerd :ayatollah:

BTW Sludge instead of approaching the WAG has anyone thought of approaching the Royal British Legion?

Fred Keenor was a First World War fighting hero and I believe wounded at the Battle of the Somme. The Legion (and other ex-service charities/organisations) do provide funding for memorials.

Worth a punt surely?

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:05 am

Midfield general wrote:As mentioned on the deleted post. Why don't you contact Compass and get an arrangement to put 10p on every pint for next season..?

Problem with that, like the club ticket thing, you're then forcing people to pay irrespective of whether they want to contribute or not.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:07 am

Midfield general wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Good post Nerd :ayatollah:

BTW Sludge instead of approaching the WAG has anyone thought of approaching the Royal British Legion?

Fred Keenor was a First World War fighting hero and I believe wounded at the Battle of the Somme. The Legion (and other ex-service charities/organisations) do provide funding for memorials.

Worth a punt surely?

That is a fantastic idea Tony and as a member of the Royal British Legion I would offer my services if you'd like.

I'd feel uneasy about that, tbh.

Let's be blunt - it's not a war memorial. It's purely a football thing... I'd rather RBL money go on war memorials, helping members rather than being an end to a means for football fans.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:15 am

nerd wrote:
Midfield general wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Good post Nerd :ayatollah:

Worth a punt surely?

That is a fantastic idea Tony and as a member of the Royal British Legion I would offer my services if you'd like.

I'd feel uneasy about that, tbh.

Let's be blunt - it's not a war memorial. It's purely a football thing... I'd rather RBL money go on war memorials, helping members rather than being an end to a means for football fans.

Fair comment Nerd but it wouldn't be an outright War Memorial but a tribute to an individual who had served in the Armed Forces. The RBL do offer to help with Gravestones which are tributes those who have served in the Armed Forces and not it is not restricted to those who fought in a war.

In the case of Fred Keenor he severed in the WW1 as part of the Armed Forces and went onto Captain a winning side in the FA Cup.

IMO that would qualify him as a special case for help from the RBL and remember there are many ex-service personnel amogst our support including yours truely who would love the RBL to get involved.
Last edited by Tony Blue Williams on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:23 am

Midfield general wrote:That is a fair comment Nerd but will seek advice if Sludge wants me too..?

However my idea of 10p in every pint I feel is a good thing as I feel it would actually help increase sales if people know that at least 10p of it is going to a good cause rather than Compass' pocket

MG I think both ideas are excellent, although I would go further and say 10p on all sales including food. Get hold of the RBL if you can as Fred Keenor might be the only FA Cup Winning Captain who also fought in WW1.

As we know both RBL and SSAFA help families of ex-servicemen as well as the ex-servicemen themselves and I would think that both organisations would love to help comemorate such an outstanding hero.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:09 am

I think they are two excellent ideas and I will make sure they get sent immediately to the people raising funds...I think there has been a lot of bad feeling and sometimes good things get lost because of that....these two ideas could mean the fund raising for the statue finally gets the extra shove it needs to reach its target.

" the disgraceful 'cup in hand' WAG campaign..." Adam why is that disgraceful considering the WAG paid thousands towards rugby statues in the past?

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:20 am

corky wrote:I think they are two excellent ideas and I will make sure they get sent immediately to the people raising funds...I think there has been a lot of bad feeling and sometimes good things get lost because of that....these two ideas could mean the fund raising for the statue finally gets the extra shove it needs to reach its target.

" the disgraceful 'cup in hand' WAG campaign..." Adam why is that disgraceful considering the WAG paid thousands towards rugby statues in the past?

Well done Corky and tell the fundraisers we are all in this together and I have seen plenty of other good ideas on this MB which they should consider.

I think the general view is we shouldn't go to the WAG for funding as we have already received £15,000 from Cardiff City Council. The WAG may have helped out previously with Rugby statues but that was for Welsh Rugby greats, i.e. National heroes rather than localised heroes like Fred Keenor.

If they help us then they would be obliged to help Swansea, Newport, Merthyr, Wrexham, and Colwyn Bay etc with any statue projects they might have had or are planning.

Posters like Adam are correct in that the WAG should be spending the limited budget they have on schools, hospitals etc rather than giving limited funds away for an indulgence by football supporters.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:31 am

I'd still argue against a food levy. One, Compass won't care and two, you're forcing everybody to pay. People have the individual right not to contribute, after all.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:35 am

nerd wrote:I'd still argue against a food levy. One, Compass won't care and two, you're forcing everybody to pay. People have the individual right not to contribute, after all.

True but you also have the right not buy anything in the first place if you feel that strongly about it or they could sell a Fred Keenor sandwich where the levy was made clear.

PS I agree that Compass won't give toss about helping out.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:37 am

Not a good idea the food levy. The prices are expensive as they are unless you are describing that Compass should pass on 10p at the present prizes. If so I cant see them doing that as that will only give more ammo to those of us who claim they are ripping us off.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:00 pm

OK then how about approaching KFC and asking them to do 'something' by lauching a chicken meal with 10p of every sale donated to the statue appeal?

I wondered if it would help pointing out to them that Fredrick Charles Keenor has the same initals (although mixed up a bit) as Kentucky Fried Chicken?

Basically it would be a FCK at KFC if you get my drift...

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:09 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:OK then how about approaching KFC and asking them to do 'something' by lauching a chicken meal with 10p of every sale donated to the statue appeal?

I wondered if it would help pointing out to them that Fredrick Charles Keenor has the same initals (although mixed up a bit) as Kentucky Fried Chicken?

Basically it would be a FCK at KFC if you get my drift...

Actually that is a very good idea. Also approach the other fast food outlets around the ground.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:58 pm

corky wrote:I think they are two excellent ideas and I will make sure they get sent immediately to the people raising funds...I think there has been a lot of bad feeling and sometimes good things get lost because of that....these two ideas could mean the fund raising for the statue finally gets the extra shove it needs to reach its target.

Dont forget mine Corks - im not going to write em out again but they are on the removed post- hope they help

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:49 pm

nerd wrote:Sludge, like his style or not, Daya presented some pretty good ideas with regards to fundraising.

I am afraid thats cobblers , its an irrelevnce for the minority on here who bash it at every opportunity ...remember this , this messageboard has about as much influence as ccmb ..ie very little

as for numbers , we are doing ok off the pitch at the moment ...the swans trust saw similar drop off from an initial high number ...if the shit hits the fan with the club again you will see trust numbers rise yet again

its like that for ALL supporters trusts

bye now

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:50 pm

Daya wrote:

Dont forget mine Corks - im not going to write em out again but they are on the removed post- hope they help

its disgraceful because he doesnt like the trust corky

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:14 pm

Sludge wrote:

I am afraid thats cobblers , its an irrelevnce for the minority on here who bash it at every opportunity ...remember this , this messageboard has about as much influence as ccmb ..ie very little

as for numbers , we are doing ok off the pitch at the moment ...the swans trust saw similar drop off from an initial high number ...if the shit hits the fan with the club again you will see trust numbers rise yet again

its like that for ALL supporters trusts

bye now

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post, Sludge - I do respect your opinion.

Just would have been nice if you'd actually answered the point :lol:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:27 pm

dont expect me to do that do you ?

:lol:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:31 pm

Midfield general wrote:You obviously dont want my help with regards to the Royal British Legion as Ive had no requests so I will leave it like that.

And people wonder why there is such a feeling against the trust.

you are not interested in the trust and what makes you think there is such a feeling against the trust >

its about 5 regular posters on here , including you , who continually berate it

and thats it

now go and bother someone else

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:36 pm

well if you are that sure of it , get on with it

dont be put off that the trust is somehow involved ...because to be honet with you it isnt ...its just run by two members who happen to be in the trust

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:29 am

PIPE DOWN SONNY

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:56 am

Sludge wrote:well if you are that sure of it , get on with it

dont be put off that the trust is somehow involved ...because to be honet with you it isnt ...its just run by two members who happen to be in the trust

Sludge I think the idea is that we have put a number of fund raising ideas up for discussion and were hoping that you, Whitchurch Blue or Corky would take them back to the 2 Trust Members running the Fred Keenor appeal.

If they then think the ideas are feasible then they can ask for help in implementing them as the co-ordinators of the fund. Midfield General has kindly offered to approach the RBL on behalf of the FK Statue appeal if the fund co-ordinators wish him to.

For the life of me I can't understand why that makes MG 'anti-trust' or indeed even if he was then what relevance does that have to the FK Statue appeal?

The whole project is stalling because of silly internal bickering which is mainly coming from you and your bitter remarks about those who wish not to get involved with the Trust.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Midfield general wrote:truth hurts does it Sludge

wheres the truth from you ?

I am all ears adam