Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We need a 'Makelele' type player!

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:32 pm

So far I have been very impressed with Malky's signings but with the potential arrival of more 'flair' players such as Eremenko and Routledge i'm slightly concerned our midfield is gonna be yet again too light weight. We need a 'Makélelé' mould player, someone who can break up play, keep it simple and protect out back four allowing the likes of Whitts, Conway, Cowey and co strut their stuff. Yes we have Gunnarson, but I dont think he's that kind of player. All the recently promoted sides have had holding midfielders, QPR - Derry, Norwich - Fox and Swansea - Allen, while teams like Reading have built their success around Leigertwood. Despite his off days, Olofinjana was a class act at times, his performance at the Liberty Stadium in particular come to mind. I hope we address this area, we've been link with Frimpong, could Oli return? I personally would make a late bid for Guy Moussi of Forest (still hasn't signed a contract). I'm sure Malky is working on this area - in Malky we trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: We need a 'Makelele' type player!

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:47 pm

Jonathan Hogg from Villa, on loan to Pompey last season is the man! :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:12 pm

Id like Jay spearing

hard nut.. and will deffo not be playing for liverpool next season with the additons of henderson and adam

:ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:16 pm

Agree, not Olif someone consistant. If we're going for youth that Frimafrog would be good. Maybe this is the year Wildig grows into that player?

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:07 am

Maybe the squad is coming along well !! Defo places to compete for with the potential linked targets too.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:42 am

glammy74 wrote:Id like Jay spearing

hard nut.. and will deffo not be playing for liverpool next season with the additons of henderson and adam

:ayatollah:

great shout that..

matured well in the liverpool team with the absent of gerrard last yr.. kenny wont want to sell him but maybe a season loan deal here.. then again as you say with adam, henderson, possibly downing, gerrard, lucas , merieles, kuyt and aquillani back etc... where is he going to fit in...

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:32 am

Bluebird1993 wrote:Jonathan Hogg from Villa, on loan to Pompey last season is the man! :ayatollah:

I've seen this guy play a few times and remember him standing out for me as Portsmouth's best player when we played them at CCS. Doubt he'll get in the Villa team but McLeish aint brought anyone in yet I don't think so he could be given a chance, if not then he'd be a good addition to our squad. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:35 am

WOW the competition for places in midfield is going to be insane if we routledge, eremenko AND a holding player :ayatollah: :D

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:17 am

how about this guy? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OBCW_yM ... FF216EBDBD

not in shalke 04's plans for the forth coming season.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:56 am

valleycasual wrote:how about this guy? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OBCW_yM ... FF216EBDBD

not in shalke 04's plans for the forth coming season.

yes please ;)

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:53 pm

I remember that Annan chap playing in the last World Cup but think he was only a squad player. If my memory serves me correctly the commentators were raving about him when he was brought on in one match. Would he come to us though?