Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This spanish trip=should City have pulled out?

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:44 am

It seems to me that this Spanish trip has come a bit too early, with the amount of new players that have come in and with the work that Malky would have wanted to be doing this week in bringing in others, it seems to me that this trip is more of a distraction than anything else. Time is of the essence,and given how our search for a manager went on a little longer than expected, it would seem that cardiff is one club that need all the time it can get to build a squad.
It was undoubtedly arranged with DJ's input, and knowing how he loves his golf, I'm sure that was one of his main priorities for getting the players away to that part of Spain. This trip signifies, all that was going wrong with City under DJ's stewardship IMO, more of a "Golf boys jolly" than an actual meaningful exercise in team preparation.

Re: This spanish trip=should City have pulled out?

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:49 am

no because i cant wait to go out thursdayand come home monday there is 35 of us so will be a great laugh and also get to watch the new talent friday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ;) ;)

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:49 am

Part of me agrees, the tour was aranged before Malky even took charge, it should have been his call as to what preparation we had, but having said that as long as no alcohol is consumed i don't see the harm in the players getting to know each other and have a good time as long as that's after some serious training. I liked what Phil Brown done with Preston, he took them to some military base for pre-season training, it looked intense to say the least but at the same time you could see the bonding and spirit forming amongst his players.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 am

ADAM PRICE wrote:no because i cant wait to go out thursdayand come home monday there is 35 of us so will be a great laugh and also get to watch the new talent friday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ;) ;)

give us an update of mason for us will ya? i kinda know what to expect from the other new signings :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:18 am

I know what you are saying and I agree that the timing is a bit short but think this could be invaluable in terms of squad building and with the squad training 3 times a day I think it will be far from a jolly :thumbup:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:20 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
ADAM PRICE wrote:no because i cant wait to go out thursdayand come home monday there is 35 of us so will be a great laugh and also get to watch the new talent friday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ;) ;)

give us an update of mason for us will ya? i kinda know what to expect from the other new signings :ayatollah:

no problem ill give a update on all the players when i come back sunburnt monday and recovering in my bed haha
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:25 am

ADAM PRICE wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

no problem ill give a update on all the players when i come back sunburnt monday and recovering in my bed haha
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:43 am

no
because it gives them a few days away from everything to mget to know each other, and from all the reports on twitter from barrie and the media, malky is pushing them in morning sessions and afternooon pool work, with loads of close ball training
and all the team apparently are loooking relaxed and up for it.
if i can find the training camp tomorrow or wednsday i will let you know,
adam see you thursday

LOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKK out sevileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee KODAK's cominggggggggggggggggggg :lol:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:46 am

The Premier 1 wrote:no
because it gives them a few days away from everything to mget to know each other, and from all the reports on twitter from barrie and the media, malky is pushing them in morning sessions and afternooon pool work, with loads of close ball training
and all the team apparently are loooking relaxed and up for it.
if i can find the training camp tomorrow or wednsday i will let you know,
adam see you thursday

LOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKK out sevileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee KODAK's cominggggggggggggggggggg :lol:

no probs you are staying in our hotel aint you from thursday on ???

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:48 am

Bateman wrote:I know what you are saying and I agree that the timing is a bit short but think this could be invaluable in terms of squad building and with the squad training 3 times a day I think it will be far from a jolly :thumbup:

I just think that the players and manager would have been better served in training together at home with one another, as everyone is new to the club, its structure, training facilities etc, the more time spent there the better.
More than anything else, Malky needs to be at home,as he could make or break deals at this point in the season.
Under the old manager and regime, I can quite understand why this mini tour was wanted, however, I think the club have made a ricket in going ahead with it, we gain nothing.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:51 am

I can't think of a better way for the players to get to know each other. IMO, this trip is the perfect opportunity at the the perfect time

Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:52 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Bateman wrote:I know what you are saying and I agree that the timing is a bit short but think this could be invaluable in terms of squad building and with the squad training 3 times a day I think it will be far from a jolly :thumbup:

I just think that the players and manager would have been better served in training together at home with one another, as everyone is new to the club, its structure, training facilities etc, the more time spent there the better.
More than anything else, Malky needs to be at home,as he could make or break deals at this point in the season.
Under the old manager and regime, I can quite understand why this mini tour was wanted, however, I think the club have made a ricket in going ahead with it, we gain nothing.

Everything that could be done at home can be done out there. What is the difference?

Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:54 am

its just more relaxed our there better to get to know people when its relaxed rather than tense dont really see the difference though transfers are still likely to go through this week.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:04 pm

no probs you are staying in our hotel aint you from thursday on ???ADAM PRICE

Private messageE-mail ADAM PRICE

yes mate sharing with mallo i think.

see you at the bar :lol:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:07 pm

What an absolute load of bollocks. God you Dave Jones haters will find any excuse to blame him for something or slag him off. You will probably still be blaming him if we don't do very well in the league this season.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:14 pm

I'm sure if Malky thought it was a bad idea then he would have called it off.

It's a good way to semi-disguise work as a holiday, and can only do good things for morale. Also means that everyone is somewhere unfamiliar, which I'm sure helps new new guys more than having to slot in with people who've been here for years who are already well settled in at home.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:15 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Everything that could be done at home can be done out there. What is the difference?

Thats exactly it, everything that can be done in training out there could have been done at home, without the expense and hasstle of carting everyone over there. Look at Gunnarson for instance, he had to high tail it back to Cov, only had 2 hours sleep, to get up at 3.30am so he can meet up with his team in Spain, hardly great preparation! Any face to face business between the manager and new players, to convince them to sign for us, now has to be put off until at least next Sunday, until malky returns, we hardly have time on our hands, do we?

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:19 pm

Citysince1964 wrote:What an absolute load of bollocks. God you Dave Jones haters will find any excuse to blame him for something or slag him off. You will probably still be blaming him if we don't do very well in the league this season.

I know, its abusrd really.

If it was as much a hinderence as Leytonstone is suggested im sure Malkay could have pulled out if it is that much of a "ricket"

Football team in going abroad for pre-season tour shocker :o :shock:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:32 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:Everything that could be done at home can be done out there. What is the difference?

Thats exactly it, everything that can be done in training out there could have been done at home, without the expense and hasstle of carting everyone over there. Look at Gunnarson for instance, he had to high tail it back to Cov, only had 2 hours sleep, to get up at 3.30am so he can meet up with his team in Spain, hardly great preparation! Any face to face business between the manager and new players, to convince them to sign for us, now has to be put off until at least next Sunday, until malky returns, we hardly have time on our hands, do we?

You'd pick holes in cheese if it makes you feel better to slag off the previous regime. I've never read such bollocks

Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:14 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:Everything that could be done at home can be done out there. What is the difference?

You'd pick holes in cheese if it makes you feel better to slag off the previous regime. I've never read such bollocks

You have never read such Bollocks, mate? what have I just said there, that you feel is untrue or as you put it bollock?