Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Do you hate the fact that because your brought ...

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:43 am

up from a big club .. that when you move you automatically think you can demand big wages?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2013254/Darron-Gibson-wont-join-Sunderland.html

Sunderland manager Steve Bruce is refusing to budge on Gibson's demands for £40,000 a week and is happy with his summer purchases after Blackpool's David Vaughan became his ninth signing last week. :shock:

Just because he's a man utd player :roll:

Re: Do you hate the fact that because your brought ...

Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:01 am

it's ridiculous. you could also mention the transfer fee's. foreign players coming over are being bought for a decent price i'd say(apart from man city's spending) but as soon as a british player moves, the transfer fee becomes huge. look at henderson who has now gone to liverpool. how good is he really? from what i have seen and read he is not worth 20million. nowhere near that in fact but because he is british there is a bigger price tag possibly because of the media and what not but i think it's a joke.
the point about wages you mentioned is a joke as well. because he is a man united player he demands big wages? you having a laugh? he's a good player but not 40k a week and certainly not one of the best midfielders in the prem, that's why i like clubs like wigan, they pay their players a fair wage and they work hard. (although i think wigan are a shit club :lol: )