Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ECHO CUT & PASTE CARL'S UPDATE

Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:48 am

How long can the Echo get away with this?

Those dinosaurs like Tucker etc are not journalists. They are cutting and pasting info they find online which we all already know thanks to this forum and Carl/Annis in particular.

What a co-incidence that the Routeledge story appears the day after Carl posts it on here! It's been happening for ages.

Unless the South Wales Echo/Wales Online can get us info from the club which we don't already know it will continue to be irrelevant.

Carl and Annis are showing them up for what they are. Long may it continue.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: ECHO CUT & PASTE CARL'S UPDATE

Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:02 pm

doesnt carl write for the echo?

Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:05 pm

unfortunately i think this is happening with a lot of newspapers. With the internet, and messageboards taking off, most newspapers are 24 hours behind on news once they are in print. I havent actually bought the Echo for City news in months because we get it all online way before they can announce it.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:12 pm

cardiff uber alles wrote:doesnt carl write for the echo?

He's written a column in there a few times but he doesn't work for them.

;)

Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:13 pm

isnt that a slight oxymoron?

Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:19 pm

cardiff uber alles wrote:isnt that a slight oxymoron?

Maybe. He hasn't done a column for a while though. In fact, I'm not sure he even does them anymore.

:ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:22 pm

The Echo did not copy and paste the story. I work very closely with the Echo and its a 2 way thing. In fairness to the Echo it is very much difficult for the Echo to be up to speed like the forum because we can write something up and put it straight out but they have to wait for the following day to report something in their paper.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:52 pm

carlccfc wrote:The Echo did not copy and paste the story. I work very closely with the Echo and its a 2 way thing. In fairness to the Echo it is very much difficult for the Echo to be up to speed like the forum because we can write something up and put it straight out but they have to wait for the following day to report something in their paper.

Carl, I think the Echo are doing a MUCH better job lately to be fair! Coincidental that it happens when Jones has gone hey! ;)

Anyway, their journalism is certainly looking to be picking up now, and some of the reporters are doing a better job now that they aren't banned from the club and surrounding areas! :lol: ;)

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:54 pm

carl should do is own paper prob could make loads of extra cash :lol:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:56 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:carl should do is own paper prob could make loads of extra cash :lol:

:lol:

Keep up the good work Carl.

Everyone respect the Echo!

:ayatollah: