Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If you could only have ONE of either Whittingham or Routledge ?

You may select 1 option

View results

LETS PUT IT TO THE FORUM POLL !

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:01 pm

So what reasons?

For me Whitts is a key player, I think under the right guiding from the right manager, He will come out of that shell he disappears into to often during a game, however, 36 goals from midfield in two seasons tells you how important he is, whether its a penalty, free kick, volley - whatever, Im pretty sure he's still scored more than Routledge.

:ayatollah:

Re: LETS PUT IT TO THE FORUM POLL !

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:04 pm

For me Whitts. They are Completely different players, Whittingham can't play like Routledge but Routledge can't play like Whitts.

BUT Whitts could have left us in a £3million deal, instead he signed a new contract.

Routledge left us for more money, and i'm not that bothered about that, its the clever thing to do, but Whitts in loyal and loves the club and i think he is a legend in the making. :ayatollah:

I'd have Routledge every day of the week though, but not at the expense of losing Whittingham :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Tough one to call but went with whitts because his passing range, goal scoring record and because he's been with us a few years now and I would hope he feels right at home in Cardiff and would be more committed to the cause than routledge would be.

But of course if we had the choice I think most of us would have them both as we know how class routledge can be :ayatollah: :D

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Bluebird_steve wrote:Tough one to call but went with whitts because his passing range, goal scoring record and because he's been with us a few years now and I would hope he feels right at home in Cardiff and would be more committed to the cause than routledge would be.

But of course if we had the choice I think most of us would have them both as we know how class routledge can be :ayatollah: :D

Couldnt put it better myself :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:44 pm

Both! Their both different players so it's not going to be one for the other, Whitts plays as a left midfielder and can also play in the middle and Routledge is a right winger, so if Routledge does come (and I hope he does) it's a replacement for Burke (how ironic :lol:) which we haven't got yet.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:52 pm

Gone for whits as he is our player and the other bugger said no to us for money the last time and will do it again im sure with another team even the jacks so why are we having a poll regarding a player who does not want to play for us .

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:46 pm

witts nuff said

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:49 pm

Some gd points there :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Whitts can't go past players like Routledge, but Routledge can't deliver a free kick like Whitts, he can't pass as good as Whitts and he's not as loyal as Whitts!

Routledge doesn't score many goals, whilst Whitts has gone big during the past 2 seasons!

Got to be Whitts for me and in any case, it looks like Routledge is off to Svenland! :D :ayatollah:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -City.html

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:12 pm

35 goals and 20 odd assists in two seasons is not to be sniffed at.

Is there a midfielder who has played in this division in the last few seasons with a better record? Charlie Adam maybe? Scott Sinclair if you class him as a winger? I don't think Routledge is up there despite him playing in two free scoring teams that won the league in the last two years.

I bet the jack and Blackpool fans didn't get on those two players backs for not putting their foot in enough. Our fans seem to have an obsession with players that run around with their hearts on their sleeves. Comparing the popularity of Whitts and Burke is the best barometer, Whitts constantly gets stick and Burke was a fans favourite despite the fact that Whitts has probably contributed twice as many goals/assists.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Whittingham because they are about the same level on the talent scale but Whittingham is actually a decent human being but Routledge is a knob.