Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neighbours dog bit by an adder

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:14 pm

While out walking on the weekend.A big chocolate brown labrador.Apparrently theres a surge in numbers in south wales so watch out if you like to walk your dog in rural areas.This happened in the machen area.Probably would have killed my Jack russell outright. :shock:

Re: Neighbours dog bit by an adder

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:15 pm

I thought there was a joke coming then when i read the headline :oops: :lol:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:18 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: No joke to the poor dog-wanna see the size of his leg,they may yet have to amputate it which would be a shame as its only about 18mths old.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:19 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:While out walking on the weekend.A big chocolate brown labrador.Apparrently theres a surge in numbers in south wales so watch out if you like to walk your dog in rural areas.This happened in the machen area.Probably would have killed my Jack russell outright. :shock:

Makes you wonder why there would be a surge in numbers of big chocolate brown Labrador's in South Wales? :D :D

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:19 pm

I have a small paddock/field where I live, the dog goes in it often and by the side (connecting to the next field) it's full of overgrown grass and we always get adders this time of year, looked out yesterday and found two sets of snake skins so need to be careful with the dog now.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:03 pm

Thats mad , i was in the docs today down ty bryn surgery in treethomas getting my patches to stop smoking an a lady was on about the exact same dog , saying the dogs knee was very bad an it was a snake but only one puncher wound , just stopped while out walking an had to carry dog back to the car then it couldn't walk up the stairs when they got home , small world lol

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:04 am

Deffinetly a huge increase in thier numbers. I've seen two this week While I was walking along the church village bypass path.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:15 am

Iv seen a few this year ( taffs well area ) The baby ones are the worsed because if they bite they injected you with all their
venom.
mabe time to take them off the protected list :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:00 am

So what we saying Theres adders every where haha

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:28 am

My cousin distrubed one last week, while strimming the thick, overgrown grass at the bottom of his garden. He couldn't believe it!

Info from the Forestry Commission here > http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/adder

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:00 am

if you see them, just stick a stick through it, better to be safe than sorry, kill the fooker :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:15 am

Ben wrote:if you see them, just stick a stick through it, better to be safe than sorry, kill the fooker :ayatollah:

wtf why kill something because it may bite? ive seen 100s of adders on my walks with the dogs over the years and never had any problems. if the dog or myself gets bitten well thats just bad luck they dont go looking for something to bite. :ayatollah:
if you want to kill something theres plenty of junkies and scumbags about..