Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " WHITE away kit !!!! "

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:30 pm

wtf is the problem? we have had a white kit before, some people will moan about anything.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:31 pm

tbh i think its a nice change from boring black
never know it might bring us some luck
does anyone one remember the green and yellow one we used to have many years ago
made us look like a latin amrican football team lol
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:34 pm

I put a thread up about 2 months ago saying it was White, hate to say I told you so!

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:38 pm

I thought Earnie Played for Cardiff Not the Jacks, Maybe the Sunday Mirror were right :lol:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I thought Earnie Played for Cardiff Not the Jacks, Maybe the Sunday Mirror were right :lol:

lol alot a bit of humour
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:49 pm

It's pathetic
So now the rival fans who come on here will see how much your all whinging and will take the piss when it's worn

I like it. It represents us by our badge

Re: WHITE away kit !!!!

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:50 pm

bluebirdlewis wrote:We've had White before

It's about the badge

Totally agree,i actually think it looks good,f**k Leeds f**k the jacks,the bluebird is on it so thats good enough for me

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:56 pm

Why has my post showing the away shirt been taken off here!

Re: WHITE away kit !!!!

Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:57 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:i can't resist but post on this

i am absolutely appalled

white is the colour of Swansea, blue is the colour of Cardiff as far as im concerned

i cannot believe that the club would be so naive to believe that there would be no opposition to this at all

even if some fans are fine with it, there were obviously going to be some who hated the idea of a white away shirt and consquently not buy it, like i won't be

as a result, sales were inevitably going to be hit and revenue from the shirt cannot be maximised, you would have thought the business minds within the club would have opposed this idea for that reason alone

you would not see Man City wearing all-red shirts, or Liverpool wearing dark blue shirts, or most importantly, you would NEVER see Swansea in a blue away shirt!!

Fair point mate. But red is not a part of Man City's colours. Dark blue is not a part of Liverpools and neither is blue part of Swanseas. The fact of the matter is, White does make up a part of Cardiff City's home kit colour and therefor makes sense to be one of three away kits.

I totally agree with your point on shirt sales, though. They will undoubtedly take a hit. But personally, I quite like it.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:02 pm

lips1 wrote:What IDIOT decided on a white away kit,

HATE JACKS, HATE LEEDS

City's away kit is Yellow ffs NOT WHITE

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53185 :evil:

i think it looks great :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:02 pm

liverpool got blue on there away kit , personaly i like the kit but i dont lol its set out nice but id have a black (allays been my fav) away kit then wear this as the 3rd so we dont wear it that often only on extreme kit clash's

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:13 pm

Looks nice

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:16 pm

i really like the new kit

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:18 pm

nothing on this bad boy

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:20 pm

anything that looks like a leeds kit is ok with me...c.mon leeds lol :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:26 pm

I love the new away kit much better than the black one

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:28 pm

bwoodblue wrote:nothing on this bad boy

Still love that top :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:40 pm

any news when its available

Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:58 pm

IT'S NOT INKLAND, IT'S NOT LEEDS, IT'S NOT THE JACKS, IT'S NOT PRESTON, IT'S NOT WHO EVER ELSE WEARS WHITE, IT'S FOOKING CARDIFF CITY FC.

Couldn't give a flying fook about the colour, get a grip people, it's got the Bluebird on it, it's City.

So with everyone seemingly hating the colour white, can I just ask, how many of you wear white shirts or white polo shirts? :roll:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:05 pm

About time we had an away kit the reverse of the home one. It looks tidy. Better than black or red. :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:11 pm

i really like the white away kit

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:21 pm

Very stylish. I'm getting one :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:30 pm

Hate to see what a Clarksie stain does to that!

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:19 pm

i think its rather smart tbh so what white is colour of the jacks red is the colour of Bristol City that didn't seem to bother anyone two years ago as long as its got blue on it and the bluebird badge is on it im happy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:35 pm

I think it looks smart. Its not like its the 1st time we have had a white away kit anyway.

Do you think people kicked off in the 50s/ 60s when we wore white? No coz no one gave a f*** about the Jacks then.
Besides arnt Swanea's colours white & black while this is white, blue & yellow??
I also bought the white one off TOFFS to wear to the FA cup final for what it's worth.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:46 pm

I like it. and before anyone asks "Will Swansea ever play in blue" well they did in the early 80s

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:10 pm

I like the white kit tbh, more so than the blue home shirt and first reaction was that I will buy the white one first :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:10 pm

I like it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:20 pm

It is shite.
I know it is all about merchandising but it's f*cking WHITE.

Hope there is a 3rd kit!!

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:28 pm

Horrid.
I bought a white polo shirt in the city sale and as soon as I put that on it felt totally wrong.

Three teams I hate most Swansea, Leeds, England :roll:

I wont be buying it and I can bet you it wont sell as many as the popular black and yellow away kits.