Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Bluebird till I die latest "

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:01 pm

click to listen - http://www.reverbnation.com/dazzyt?kick=498062

After a busy weekend sorting the song out I have written the lyrics for the track and I continue to write lyrics for a more permanent song as suggested by some bluebirds here.
This permanent version which I am working on will still include the current bridge "everytime the city score we'll sing this song for evermore"
The current chorus will remain "I'll be a Bluebird till I die"
The new version will not include current players names it will concentrate on past events,players and successes and will be released when I have finished the lyrics.
The current version which includes all the players will be finished in time for the Celtic game and played on the day by Ali(LEGEND).I am hoping to have a meeting with the club probably Thursday to discuss the song in further detail.All ideas that have been suggested on this forum will be put to the club at the meeting,If you have any suggestions please post a reply here.
Some ideas suggested are as follows.

To make a video in front of the canton stand with me singing and the fans singing the chorus(fans turn up early for a game and film it then)
Offer the song as part of the statue fund.
Change the lyrics to make the song more permanent and not a throw away song(already working on it)

Thanks everyone for your support....everytime you listen to the song it raises the chances of the song moving up the reverbnation charts so give it a listen and help it get up there will you...........cheers

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_9142803

Re: " Bluebird till I die latest "

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:06 pm

Whay My idea of you singing song in front of canton stand hahahaha hope it still sounds great :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:09 pm

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:Whay My idea of you singing song in front of canton stand hahahaha hope it still sounds great :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good Idea Carwyn,we need to push the club to do it though so i need your support.

In Malky we trust :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:10 pm

dazzyt wrote:click to listen - http://www.reverbnation.com/dazzyt?kick=498062

After a busy weekend sorting the song out I have written the lyrics for the track and I continue to write lyrics for a more permanent song as suggested by some bluebirds here.
This permanent version which I am working on will still include the current bridge "everytime the city score we'll sing this song for evermore"
The new version will not include current players names it will concentrate on past events,players and successes and will be released when I have finished the lyrics.
The current version which includes all the players will be finished in time for the Celtic game and played on the day by Ali(LEGEND).I am hoping to have a meeting with the club probably Thursday to discuss the song in further detail.All ideas that have been suggested on this forum will be put to the club at the meeting,If you have any suggestions please post a reply here.

To make a video in front of the canton stand with me singing and the fans singing the chorus(fans turn up early for a game and film it then)
Change the lyrics to make the song more permanent and not a throw away song(already working on it)

Thanks everyone for your support....everytime you listen to the song it raises the chances of the song moving up the reverbnation charts so give it a listen and help it get up there will you...........cheers

great effort :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:10 pm

WELL DONE TO YOU :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:14 pm

excellent :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:16 pm

well done daz your making really good progress with this!

Im going claim the idea of using past players not present in a pm i sent him ;) ;)

good luck and i would be happy to come down for the music video! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:55 pm

good luck mate, sorry i cant help with any lyrics i could most prob come out with a few after a sesh on the bow though :
:D

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:13 pm

carpet20 wrote:well done daz your making really good progress with this!

Im going claim the idea of using past players not present in a pm i sent him ;) ;)

good luck and i would be happy to come down for the music video! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

keep em coming dude

In Malky we trust

Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:19 pm

I am sat with a pint of beer,headphones on,guitar in hand ready to put a lead bit down and then i thought,I am gonna ask my old mate Jason Perry to support the song,Ain't seen him in a few years,don't want to bother his dad(who took me to my first ever game with JP) DOES ANYONE HAVE A CONTACT NUMBER,if you have email me at darren_thomas38011@yahoo.com,if not I will nip around and see his dad....cheers
http://www.reverbnation.com/dazzyt?kick=498062

Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:52 pm

This song gets better by the minute,gonna make the fans proud!!!!!,nearly finished.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:02 am

dazzyt wrote:This song gets better by the minute,gonna make the fans proud!!!!!,nearly finished.

Thats awsome daz, well done fella I love it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:15 am

I can already hear it being sung for Earnie at the first home game.
Cant wait!!!!!
And that song is worthy of becoming our anthem !!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:17 am

I can already hear it being sung for Earnie at the first home game.
Cant wait!!!!!
And that song is worthy of becoming our anthem !!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:32 am

Thanks for your support
Spoke to Simon at Walesonline this morning, there will be a piece in the Echo tomorrow evening and they are coming to take some pics later.I have asked For record companies and film companies to come forward to offer their services to record the song (This version was knocked down in the house) I would like to get a video done.Some people on this forum have suggested a video in front of the canton stand.I will be meeting with JJ this week to discuss where we can take the song and the possibilities of it being used to make money for the statue appeal or another charity...WHAT DO YOU THINK?,any suggestions will be taken on board.The song is finished and I will be posting the lyrics of the current version here.Once this is sorted I will continue to write new lyrics to hopefully turn it into a long term anthem.I would like to know what the players think of it.
This is your song and any comments can only help me get this right,If there is something about the song you don't like please say,I am a big boy now :old:

Anyways onwards and upwards.

In Malky we trust

You can join me on facebook Darren Thomas :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Just finished a photoshoot with Walesonline there will be a piece in tomorrows Echo so check it out.
Here are a copy of the lyrics to Bluebird till I die

verse 1
Wake up on a Saturday morning
Got my blue shirt on and I'm ready to go
I'm so high
It's rollercoaster time

We got the new man in his name is Malky Mackay
you know we've been so low he's gonna take us so high
That's alright
we're gonna get it right
Bridge
and everytime the city score
we'll sing this song for evermore
Chorus
I'll be a bluebird till i die
A bluebird till i die
A bluebird till i die
Aye aye
Verse 2
we got marshall and gerrard and gyepes too
naylor keinan quinn and taylor
nothing's gonna get through thats right
we're gonna get it right

we got Blakey and whittingham
and mcphail too
we got parkin and mason and mcnoughton too
we'll get through
you know we're gonna get through
Bridge
Chorus
A bluebird till i die
A bluebird till i die
Aye aye
We got
hudson and conway cowie wildig too
we got heaton meades gunnarson
earnie's gonna get you
thats right
we're gonna get it right

we got Annis and the boys they will look after you
we got ali on the mic to get you in the mood
that's right
we're gonna get it right
Bridge
Chorus
A bluebird till i die
A bluebird till i die

Lyrics are likely to change

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:07 pm

This is nonsense as one goal would have you singing evermore even if they failed to score ever again.

Might I suggest "We'll sing this song once more"

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:20 pm

That's excellent,love it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:28 pm

dazzyt wrote:You can join me on facebook Darren Thomas :ayatollah:

Daz I went to add you and there are loads of Darren Thomas's on facebook :D which one are you? :P

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:05 am

tenerife_blu wrote:
dazzyt wrote:You can join me on facebook Darren Thomas :ayatollah:

Daz I went to add you and there are loads of Darren Thomas's on facebook :D which one are you? :P

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

darren_thomas38011@yahoo.com,search me through email or post your facebook.cheers

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:10 am

Gerry Hat Trick wrote:

This is nonsense as one goal would have you singing evermore even if they failed to score ever again.

If you can make it fit in the song send me a version and post the link here,I would be happy to take a look.....nonsense! harsh comment I reckon mate.

In Malky we trust

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:44 am

dazzyt wrote:darren_thomas38011@yahoo.com,search me through email or post your facebook.cheers

I just added you mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:52 am

dazzyt wrote:
Gerry Hat Trick wrote:

If you can make it fit in the song send me a version and post the link here,I would be happy to take a look.....nonsense! harsh comment I reckon mate.

In Malky we trust

Sorry, having explained why I considered it nonsense I thought it was constructive criticism.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:21 am

Your comment Nonsense is not constructive mate! your comment about the words were constructive and taken on board but they just wont fit in the song and sit properly,Your comments are welcome . :ayatollah:

In Malky we trust

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:45 pm

Why was my constructive criticism deleted? Oh I didn't toe the party line by liking it. I understand.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:45 pm

The Voice of Reason wrote:Why was my constructive criticism deleted? Oh I didn't toe the party line by liking it. I understand.

Which post? Can't see that anything's been deleted. Was it in the other thread?

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:46 pm

Sounds decent :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:47 pm

If I could say something though.. I wouldn't have the players names in there. That way we can sing it for years too come :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:33 am

The Voice of Reason wrote:Why was my constructive criticism deleted? Oh I didn't toe the party line by liking it. I understand.

Nothing to do with me mate I have deleted nothing all criticism is welcome,I have no problem with your opinion,in fact I take every comment seriously.

Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:36 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:If I could say something though.. I wouldn't have the players names in there. That way we can sing it for years too come :ayatollah:

Good comment It was suggested in earlier posts Billy and I am working on it,I have suggested fans put former players names forward and maybe include them instead of current.