Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

List of Norwegians Cardiff may be after

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:47 pm

Supposedly Cardiff are after a highly rated Norwegian, luckily I did scouting on the country of Norway last year so I have a list of possible targets it could be!

Mads Stokkelien

Club: Start
Position: Striker
Nationality: Norwegian

Mads Stokkelien (born 15 March 1990) is a Norwegian football striker who currently plays for Start in the Norwegian Premier League.

He played two games in the Norwegian First Division in 2008. Stokkelien made his debut in the Norwegian Premier League in April 2009 against Aalesunds FK where he was a substitute for Espen Børufsen. In his second game he scored the equalizer goal against Brann in Bergen on the traditional 16th of May game.

He also scored in the two following games, including two goals in his first game from start against Bodø/Glimt on 24 May 2009.

He scores beauties like this....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xlOd8iPfG0&feature=player_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHvJUpzmTRQ&feature=player_embedded

Marcus Pedersen

Club: Vitesse
Position: Striker

Marcus Pedersen (born 8 June 1990) is a Norwegian football player who currently plays for Vitesse.

He played in his first game for the senior side at the age of 14 in a friendly game for his first club HamKam. After 9 appearances and only scoring 1 goal for the club, he left on a free transfer to Strømsgodset. There he made 40 club appearances netting 17 times. His decent form got him a 1.2mil pound transfer to Vitesse. He has so far made 5 appearances and has scored 3 goals for the Dutch club.

His composure in front of goal is best displayed here...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRvzqpdGeyI&feature=player_embedded

Markus Henriksen

Club: Rosenborg
Position: Center Midfielder

Markus Henriksen (born 25 July 1992) is a Norwegian midfielder who currently plays for Rosenborg. He is the son of Rosenborg's assistant manager, Trond Henriksen.

Markus Henriksen came as a youth player from Trond to Rosenborg. He proved himself early as an exciting midfielder with a well developed understanding of football. In addition, he had good basic skills and a very good endurance. He has scored 7 times in 31 appearances for Rosenborg.

Quick video displaying his skills...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfqNlyj-lJc&feature=player_embedded

Jo Inge Berget

Club: Udinese
Position: Attacking Center Mid/Striker

Jo Inge Berget (born 11 September 1990), is a Norwegian footballer on loan at Strømsgodset in the Norwegian Premier League. Jo signed with Italian club Udinese in July 2008 from his first club Lyn where he only made 2 senior appearances.

Nice little free kick from the kid...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hb6xzxlXuU&feature=player_embedded

Re: List of Norwegians Cardiff may be after

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:49 pm

Bjorn Helge Riise?

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:56 pm

all impressive, but that first guy... feck me he hit that first volley well!

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:56 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:Bjorn Helge Riise?

With Holden out injured and him rotating with Dempsey he's getting enough first-team action to make most players happy and they just signed his brother from Roma so I don't see him leaving Fulham.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:59 pm

RexTheYank wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:Bjorn Helge Riise?

With Holden out injured and him rotating with Dempsey he's getting enough first-team action to make most players happy and they just signed his brother from Roma so I don't see him leaving Fulham.

Holden plays for Bolton ;)

and im sure he hardly played at all last year to be honest, didnt he go out on loan to Sheff Utd?

i wouldnt really want him anyway

Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:04 pm

Fuk me the last guy is fuk ugly

Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:05 pm

Ah yeah you're right my mistake about Holden :oops:

There's been chat about John Carew joining so that's also a possibility. He's a free agent and 31 years old. Granted we'd only get a season out of him but all we need is 1 good season out of him to be honest.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:57 pm

You're the one that does those YouTube videos aren't you ?!

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:03 am

yes I am lol

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:09 am

RexTheYank wrote:yes I am lol

Also the liverpool fan?? Infollow you ( don't follow me cough cough)

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:50 am

Yup! Liverpool is the club I love and have been a fan since I was about 8 but I also follow Cardiff on the side since the 2006/07 season.