Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FUNNY FOOTBALL STORIES

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:26 am

I was thinking last night about some of the most ludicrous stories in football and this one really made me laugh. Who remembers Ali Dia at Southampton? Complete random who told Graham Souness he was George Weah's cousin. With Southampton suffering from an injury crisis Souness brough him on in a premier league game without ever having watched him play!!! :o Dia entered the fray after 32 minutes and 20 minutes later he was given the hook after one of the most inept displays in Premier League history :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Dia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBORkZC-CQI

anyone else recall any funny football stories?

Re: FUNNY FOOTBALL STORIES

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:17 am

Haha that dia story cracked me up just read his wikipedia that guy is a legend ... Came on in the 32nd subbed in the 53rd lmao then played for slough and got subbed 11 mins after he came on

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:22 am

I remember the bloke who was slagging off Lee Chapman in a West Ham friendly a few years back. Chapman said that if he could do better then he was welcome to try. Chapman gave the bloke his kit and the bloke went on and scored a couple of goals or something. Well, he certainly had a better game than Chapman did anyway :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:31 am

The News of the World tried hacking Cardiff City mailbox only to find the line dead because Ridsdale hadn't paid the bill....

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:01 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I remember the bloke who was slagging off Lee Chapman in a West Ham friendly a few years back. Chapman said that if he could do better then he was welcome to try. Chapman gave the bloke his kit and the bloke went on and scored a couple of goals or something. Well, he certainly had a better game than Chapman did anyway :lol: :lol:

ha ha ha i remember that! Priceless!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Ali Dia almost scored in that game haha.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:23 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:I remember the bloke who was slagging off Lee Chapman in a West Ham friendly a few years back. Chapman said that if he could do better then he was welcome to try. Chapman gave the bloke his kit and the bloke went on and scored a couple of goals or something. Well, he certainly had a better game than Chapman did anyway :lol: :lol:

ha ha ha i remember that! Priceless!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: