Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Routledge set for Leicester

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:27 am

Only a matter of time on this one i think...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -29036240/

Re: Routledge set for Leicester

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:34 am

I see Leicester have offered £1.5M,they seem to be buying some players of late.

Another team who have money to spend are Ipswich,some papers have them linked to Marvin Sordell.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:35 am

I'm not too disappointed to be honest.

Great player at this level but at what cost?

Can't imagine how a much a week he would be asking for and a bit worried what it would do to the dressing room

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:38 am

not to bothered tbh didn't really seeing him coming here anyway
yes a great player but defiantly not worth the wages he'll be wanting

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:44 am

If I was Routledge I wouldn't even consider coming to us.

We've booed the sh*t out of him at every chance since he left and even made a song saying he was sh*t! lol

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:07 am

BluBluBluArmy wrote:If I was Routledge I wouldn't even consider coming to us.

We've booed the sh*t out of him at every chance since he left and even made a song saying he was sh*t! lol

And he has deserved wvery lyric an all :lol: :lol: Would still welcome him back though :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:33 am

Leicester seem to be buying all the stars this season, just like we did last season. Well if they manage to go up it will prove just one thing to me and that is what a shit manager we had last season.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:34 am

Im gutted he's not coming, amazing player!

Does anyone know how much a week he wants?

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:49 pm

listen guys, he would never come back to us, don't you remember the abuse he had when he came back to ninian after he played for us? all the money songs aimed at him?? then when he took a throwing the lads behind him gave him abuse and he spat into the crowd! we all screamed at the lino (who saw it) and he just carried on! :twisted:

the tosser

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:14 pm

glad hes not coming to us,money orientated prick,imagine his face when the jacks offered him 8k a week,shows what kind of person he is by turning down a starting place in a premiership side for the championship

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:23 pm

If Leicester get Routledge, they will be massive contenders to win the league.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:33 pm

JonCCFC wrote:If Leicester get Routledge, they will be massive contenders to win the league.

You will find that Leicester and WHU (4-1 : 5-1) ARE the favs to go up as we speak without Routledge there.

It's 10-1 bar those 2 clubs,so no pressure on the rest of us ;)

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:57 pm

leicester are really going for it,hiopefully theyll do a middlesborough last season flopping after spending a lot of money.
i like the role we have now of being underdogs for promotion,i really think it will bring the best out of our team and get our fans vocal again.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Leicester seem to be buying all the stars this season, just like we did last season. Well if they manage to go up it will prove just one thing to me and that is what a shit manager we had last season.

Behave, theyve spent way way beyond what we did last season. No comparison whatsoever.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:45 pm

polo wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:Leicester seem to be buying all the stars this season, just like we did last season. Well if they manage to go up it will prove just one thing to me and that is what a shit manager we had last season.

Behave, theyve spent way way beyond what we did last season. No comparison whatsoever.

What has spending got to do with it. Just look who they have brought in compared to what we did last season be it buying or loaning. The comparison is pretty close.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:58 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
polo wrote:

What has spending got to do with it. Just look who they have brought in compared to what we did last season be it buying or loaning. The comparison is pretty close.

Nah

Theyve signed far better quality than we did because theye paid the money.

Theyve gone after some of the best players in the division, we signed cast offs other clubs didnt want.

I think people are blinded by the Craig Bellamy signing last season. Bellamy aside the rest of the signings were piss poor, and up until xmas the Bellamy signing was ropey, whilst he took time to adapt to the championship.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Easier to say they were cast offs now but at the time there was alot of premiership experience there.