Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DARCY HAPPY TO GRAFT FOR GAFFER

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:01 pm

From www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk

Darcy Blake is evidently enjoying life under new boss Malky Mackay.

The popular local-boy from New Tredegar told cardiffcityfc.co.uk from the Bluebirds' Spanish training camp on Tuesday that: "This morning's session was probably the hardest session we've had so far this week, though every day has been tough!

"The gaffer likes hard work and even though it's demanding, all of the boys are enjoying working hard for him."

Darcy was used in a number of different positions by former boss Dave Jones, and seems content to be used in a similar way by Malky if that was his manager's wish.

"I don't think the gaffer has finalised his thoughts on who he wants to play in what positions, but everyone is giving 100% to make sure they're doing all they can," Darcy continued.

"I'm still happy to play wherever he thinks is my best position and I'll always be giving it my all. Hopefully I'll get my chance."

There are a number of new faces among the Bluebirds ranks in Spain, adding to that sense of a new start under Malky and his staff.

"There are plenty of new faces with a lot of others having left, so pre-season, as always, is feeling fresh and new," said Darcy.

"Obviously this really is a new start though with the new coaches coming in and changing things.

"There's a great buzz about the place though and everyone is supporting each other - that's something that has been driven through by the gaffer from the outset. The gaffer and his staff are always offering encouragement and we as players are spurring each other on too.

"I've been here since I was a nine year-old so I've seen a few changes. I've had some great times, but hopefully there are even better ones to come now."

But what of the new crop of Bluebirds who have broken into this season's squad via the Academy ranks? Darcy isn't one to forget his roots, and spoke favourably of City's first-year professionals.

"In fairness, I think the young lads who have signed first year professional contracts with us are doing superbly well", he told us.

"They're very fit lads - Alex Evans in particular who's from a similar part of Wales to me is an absolute machine! Alex doesn't stop running, but Nat and Ibby also are very fit athletes with great engines on them.

"The young lads are improving all the time but they're pushing the senior professionals too which is excellent for everyone."

And before signing off, Darcy was sure to point out his success in the last couple of days, telling us: "Whitts and myself won the Champions League drill in training yesterday!

"Everyone was really into it, improving our technique as we went along, and we were chuffed to come out as Champions by the end of the session."

Re: DARCY HAPPY TO GRAFT FOR GAFFER

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:13 pm

Dont expect to see him in the squad much this season.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:18 pm

polo wrote:Dont expect to see him in the squad much this season.

Means he's very useful to have on the bench though.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:35 pm

I think hes a great promising player, and i think mackay knows that too..i want mackay to play 1 out of every 3 games atleast :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:41 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I think hes a great promising player, and i think mackay knows that too..i want mackay to play 1 out of every 3 games atleast :ayatollah:

Mackay is a bit old now to be fair. :old:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:43 pm

darcys chances were limited under a youth reluctant jones but at the same time hes never really consistently performed when hes played,he was woeful against watford last season but brilliant when he came on against the jacks,i dont think malkay will put up with this fault.However i wish him all the best and hopefully theyll be no more off the pitch misdemeanours this season

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:43 pm

polo wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I think hes a great promising player, and i think mackay knows that too..i want mackay to play 1 out of every 3 games atleast :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:44 pm

Baarmy_Bluebird wrote:
polo wrote:Dont expect to see him in the squad much this season.

Means he's very useful to have on the bench though.

Will be pissed off if that was the case. We had to suffer a bench full of defenders with Jones in charge. Hopefully MM will put a squad together that has more attacking options.

Quinn and Gerrard / Keinan are better defensive bench options than Blake.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:44 pm

polo wrote:

shit i meant to mackay to play blake :lol: :lol: you know what i mean!!! :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:45 pm

englishbluebird wrote:darcys chances were limited under a youth reluctant jones but at the same time hes never really consistently performed when hes played,he was woeful against watford last season but brilliant when he came on against the jacks,i dont think malkay will put up with this fault.However i wish him all the best and hopefully theyll be no more off the pitch misdemeanours this season

Agree pretty much with that although its too easy to blame Jones though. Personally I think DB is a decent League One player at best.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:44 pm

darcy has over stayed his welcome, now time to join fleetwood and jacobson etc in the lower leagues

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:46 pm

Ben wrote:darcy has over stayed his welcome, now time to join fleetwood and jacobson etc in the lower leagues

Nice to see you are back on form Ben :roll: Geez!

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:50 pm

droopy wrote:
Ben wrote:darcy has over stayed his welcome, now time to join fleetwood and jacobson etc in the lower leagues

Opinion! Darcy isn't good enough!

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:52 pm

Ben wrote:
droopy wrote:

Opinion! Darcy isn't good enough!

Yes but making yourself look a t%&t by saying he is only good enough for Fleetwood. Behave :roll:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:22 pm

Why not wait to see how Darcy does under Malky's management?

Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:40 pm

Yes but making yourself look a t%&t by saying he is only good enough for Fleetwood. Behave :roll:

only good enough for fleetwood? where did i say that?

do you remember stuart felletwood? you know pre f.a cup final? now who's the tw*t :lol:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:35 pm

Griff wrote:Why not wait to see how Darcy does under Malky's management?

exactly right if hes given a chance and performs fair play if not he ll probably be shipped out

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:40 pm

Long wait then because he wont be getting a sniff of the 1st team with any luck

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:43 pm

polo wrote:

Long wait then because he wont be getting a sniff of the 1st team with any luck

YOU CAN'T SAY THAT, YOU CAN'T HAVE A DIFFRENT OPINION TO EVERYONE ELSE :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: