Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jon Parkin's Season

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:16 pm

I might be deluded but I have been looking at the photos of training sessions in Spain. MM looks like he has got them on a vigorous training regime and Parkin clearly has lost a bit of weight.

He has an opportunity to stand up and be counted. With new fitness levels he probably hasn't seen since he was 10, and with a new fresh mentality under new management I think it could be his season. Every players has them, some early and some late in their professional career.

Watch this space.

Re: Jon Parkin's Season

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:28 pm

I hope you're right. :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:30 pm

Jon Parkin could be a prime example of what a new manager can get out of you. I would also like to think other fringe players will benefit here like Taiwo and Naylor. Well I think we wil find out very early in the season.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:36 pm

I think we'll still see him on the bench (expecting a 4-3-3 with Conway, Earnie and another winger (maybe Whitts) up front), but he'll be an option if our pacy forwards can't break through the defence with the ball on the floor.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:52 pm

Personaly I think if he don't shape up early he'll be loaned out quickly.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:08 pm

he came back to pre season training looking fit and lost a few pounds, i get the feeling his new found fitness and energy has more to do with impressing managers in the north of england than impressing anyone at cardiff city.
i hope he stays as he was never given a chance under dj and i think hes a good player but i wouldnt be surprised if he was to leave in the next few weeks