brek shea

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:40 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brek_Shea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD0C3MyJ ... re=related

young, looks like he could be a brilliant player. Can play every where :lol:

whats your opinions ?

Re: brek shea

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:28 pm

he's class. Tall, quick, good feet, good finisher.

They'll want a few mill for him probably, unless he's out of contract.

Looks like Roy Batty out of Blade Runner.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:24 pm

Would be a good signing. As a Yank, I have seen him play a few times and think he is destined for a long run in our national team. Plus I would like to see the ghosts of Eddie put back in the closet by having a new American step in and become a City legend for reasons other than being totally clueless. Still one for the future in Cardiff's current squad, but I think he would get a decent amount of time on the pitch if he were to be signed.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:28 pm

EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:42 pm

Eddie did well in the states but scored mostly on tap ins . I never really rated him while he was in MLS, and rated him even less at Cardiff. Brek can play a few positions too. Is there anything to this one or is this just a thought?

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:46 pm

chrisdoi wrote:Eddie did well in the states but scored mostly on tap ins . I never really rated him while he was in MLS, and rated him even less at Cardiff. Brek can play a few positions too. Is there anything to this one or is this just a thought?

Where you from mate?

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:02 pm

Grew up in upstate New York, went to college in Virginia, and now live in North Carolina. Long story about how I became a City fan. Will share later on today in this thread.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:43 pm

chrisdoi wrote:Grew up in upstate New York, went to college in Virginia, and now live in North Carolina. Long story about how I became a City fan. Will share later on today in this thread.

Where abouts in VA?
I live close to Dulles Airport.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:10 pm

Went to James Madison in Harrisonburg.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:12 pm

chrisdoi wrote:Grew up in upstate New York, went to college in Virginia, and now live in North Carolina. Long story about how I became a City fan. Will share later on today in this thread.

Sounds a good tale :ayatollah:

If this guy can't play in goal I don't want to know! :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:38 pm

dont care how shit eddie was. he will always been one of my favourite city players :ayatollah: apart from first few games he allways put 100% in. plus he gave us some good times like the silence and then the noise after his first goal. and when he got MOTM with out playing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:55 pm

RFMH wrote:

Sounds a good tale :ayatollah:

If this guy can't play in goal I don't want to know! :lol: :ayatollah:

Touche'. Unfortunately, our goalkeeper pipeline seems to have dried up. After years of Keller, Freidel, Hahnemann, and dare I say...Ian Feuer :ayatollah: our only hope between the sticks seems to be Brad Guzan who is perfectly capable but certainly not up to the standard of Freidel/Keller etc.

As for Brek though, he would be a good addition to the team. While we are talking about Americans I might throw out Mix Diskerud as an up and coming American who can play a creative midfield role. I would be elated if we could sign either of these players who are both hard working and creative. Juan Agudelo (a big, quick striker) is another, and probably the next young American to move across the pond.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:48 am

Here's my story:

I grew up in a part of NY where soccer really didn't exist until the mid 90s. We didn't even have teams that you could join in my area until then. I had been playing for a few years prior to that since we had some friends who we would play indoor with at a local gym. Anyhow, by the time we started seeing the Premiership on TV here it was 1993. It was only a half hour highlights show but I was captivated by it. I liked Ian Wright and watching Arsenal highlights but never really selected a team. Then when the internet came to the rolling hills of New York around 1996 I realized that there was more than just the Premier League, but several divisions of the English league. By then I loved the game and decided it was time to choose a side to support. So who to choose...

From an early age, my grandmother (Glynnis from Pontypridd but raised in the States from the time she was 8 years old) indoctrinated us to the glories of Wales and made sure that we all knew she was Welsh, not English...and by God, we all were too. So to pay tribute to her, I decided to choose one of the three Welsh teams in the top 4 tiers of the English League at the time. Although my gran talked fondly of memories of the beaches of Swansea as a child I knew that I could never live with myself supporting a bunch of thieving, peg-selling...er, I mean entrepreneurial traveling folk. So the choice was easy for me and my love affair with Cardiff City began.

I wish I could be more connected to the club, but obviously living State-side it can be difficult. I get up early on Saturday mornings to listen to the matches (as I have done for years), and occasionally get to see our beloved bluebirds play on television (this year I saw 6 or 7 matches on live TV). As you as you know, probably better than I do, following the City is an act of loyalty, devotion, and above all masochism. After our collapse this year, and our bitter rivals' promotion, I finally felt like a true City fan because I knew damn well that no matter what, I would be behind the team next season. I would be crawling out of bed at ungodly hours to listen to the bluebirds whether they were playing in the champions league final, were in a relegation dogfight, or were restructured as Riverside AFC 2.0 in the LOW. No matter what, I'll keep on supporting the club I have come to love despite our unlikely and serendipitous pairing.

Onwards and upwards... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:51 am

One of Agudelo's goals from MLS play this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWbpyv638Bg

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:03 am

chrisdoi wrote:Here's my story:

I grew up in a part of NY where soccer really didn't exist until the mid 90s. We didn't even have teams that you could join in my area until then. I had been playing for a few years prior to that since we had some friends who we would play indoor with at a local gym. Anyhow, by the time we started seeing the Premiership on TV here it was 1993. It was only a half hour highlights show but I was captivated by it. I liked Ian Wright and watching Arsenal highlights but never really selected a team. Then when the internet came to the rolling hills of New York around 1996 I realized that there was more than just the Premier League, but several divisions of the English league. By then I loved the game and decided it was time to choose a side to support. So who to choose...

From an early age, my grandmother (Glynnis from Pontypridd but raised in the States from the time she was 8 years old) indoctrinated us to the glories of Wales and made sure that we all knew she was Welsh, not English...and by God, we all were too. So to pay tribute to her, I decided to choose one of the three Welsh teams in the top 4 tiers of the English League at the time. Although my gran talked fondly of memories of the beaches of Swansea as a child I knew that I could never live with myself supporting a bunch of thieving, peg-selling...er, I mean entrepreneurial traveling folk. So the choice was easy for me and my love affair with Cardiff City began.

I wish I could be more connected to the club, but obviously living State-side it can be difficult. I get up early on Saturday mornings to listen to the matches (as I have done for years), and occasionally get to see our beloved bluebirds play on television (this year I saw 6 or 7 matches on live TV). As you as you know, probably better than I do, following the City is an act of loyalty, devotion, and above all masochism. After our collapse this year, and our bitter rivals' promotion, I finally felt like a true City fan because I knew damn well that no matter what, I would be behind the team next season. I would be crawling out of bed at ungodly hours to listen to the bluebirds whether they were playing in the champions league final, were in a relegation dogfight, or were restructured as Riverside AFC 2.0 in the LOW. No matter what, I'll keep on supporting the club I have come to love despite our unlikely and serendipitous pairing.

Onwards and upwards... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You made the right choice! :ayatollah: I had the pleasure of meeting the New York Bluebirds whilst on holiday this year and watched the Boro game with them. Not the greatest of games :( but a great bunch of people.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:08 am

its good to know the Cardiff name is all around the world
my old university friend went back to Cali an avid follower!

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Great stuff :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:27 am

RFMH wrote:

Great stuff :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks. Most people around here think I'm crazy, especially my wife, but I have been afflicted with this club. It pains me to see so many Chelsea, Liverpool, and Manure shirts on kids here in the States because they don't really even consider supporting real, proper clubs, just go for who they can see on TV.

My daughter's soccer coach is a Pompey supporter from Bath who lived in Cardiff for a few years and he was blown away when I had my daughter do the Ayatollah the other day. He's just about the only person around here who I can talk to about the Championship. Other than you guys of course.