Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff team 2010/11 vs. Cardiff team 2011/12

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:59 pm

Potential team for the first game of this season...

------------------Heaton--------------------
McNaughton Hudson Gerrard Taylor
Whittingham Cowie Gunnarsson Conway
--------------Bellamy Goodwillie-----------

Team Last season...

---------------Heaton-------------------
Quinn Hudson Keinan McNaughton
Burke Olofinjana Whittingham Bellamy
----------Chopra-----Bothroyd---------

which do you think looks the stronger team?
i suppose its too early to judge since we havent seen alot of our new signings play at the CCS yet, but last season's does look stronger on paper to me, although we know after last season that having the strongest team on paper doesnt mean anything...

I do worry that with the strength of the division this season (West Ham, Leicester, Boro, Blackpool, Birmingham, Leeds, Reading, Burnley, Forest) that its gonna be very hard to get even near the playoffs this year, and i'm not sure our team is as strong as last seasons yet, i still think we need and will get quite a few more players before the season starts, 2 right wingers and 2 strikers, in my opinion, but i trust that Malky knows what he's doing :ayatollah:

would love to see any of Routledge, Goodwillie, and of course Bellamy here, i honestly believe we would get in the top 2 if we could get all 3, but im pretty sure that's never gonna happen ;)

Re: Cardiff team 2010/11 vs. Cardiff team 2011/12

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:04 pm

Still lightweight in the middle for me, Whitts works best in a 3 man midfiel and Oli worked best on the bench for another club.

But maybe i'm wrong about Cowie and Gunnarson (who individually look good players just feel we need someone stronger in the middle).

Really hope we get Goodwillie he could take this league by storm.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:37 pm

RFMH wrote:Still lightweight in the middle for me, Whitts works best in a 3 man midfiel and Oli worked best on the bench for another club.

But maybe i'm wrong about Cowie and Gunnarson (who individually look good players just feel we need someone stronger in the middle).

Really hope we get Goodwillie he could take this league by storm.

i'm still a big Olofinjana fan

i think when he's played in his best position of shielding the back four, like he did away against the Jacks, then he's good enough for a top half Premier League team

he's not however, an attacking midfielder, which is where DJ played him for a lot of the time he was at his most inconsistent last season

i still can't believe why so many people have gotten on his back since the season ended, he was a fan favourite in the first few months, HE JUST NEEDS TO BE PLAYED IN DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD

Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:14 pm

Can't judge yet, I'm sure MM has more players to bring in :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:02 pm

I am sorry but have I missed something to do with Bellamy and Goodwillie? have they signed?!?!? :?