Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Google+

Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:57 pm

Anyone use it? Anyone want to use it but doesn't have an invite?

Re: Google+

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Seems like it's optimised for people with smartphones (which I don't have), so would be interested in giving it a try, but don't think it'll take over from Facebook.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:40 pm

I'd like to give it a try. I'm a big fan of Google and Android. Let's see what they've done with this. Can you invite people? Have you given it a go?

I'll pm you my email if you could invite me? Many thanks :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:41 pm

Sure - If anyone wants an invite, just PM me - Not sure how many invites I can send out daily, but I'll invite anyone :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:53 pm

I too can invite people to Google+ if you need invites let me know too! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:06 pm

Dafydd wrote:Sure - If anyone wants an invite, just PM me - Not sure how many invites I can send out daily, but I'll invite anyone :ayatollah:

I can vouch for that. :lol:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:11 pm

What isit Daf?

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:50 pm

I think it's bloody great....as I work in IT a few of in the office have got it and have been trying it for awhile now.

The circles features is awesome!

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:56 pm

For those who don't know it's basically Google's take on Facebook. I've been using it for a few days now and it is actually very, very good. Like Facebook but none of the game and app bullshit.
It's got a few nice features that facebook doesn't have too like circles, which basically lets you group people together into certain groups or 'circles'. When you update your profile then you can decide who gets to see what.
Looks a lot nicer too I think and it's way more secure than facebook.

Only problem is it hasn't got the numbers facebook has. There's 10,000,000 registered users and the sites been invite only for the last two weeks which is very impressive. But compare that to the 700,000,000+ active facebook users it'll be a while before this will be taking down facebook.

Personally I think in a year or two more people will be using Google+ than facebook. I like Google and if it can intergrate Google+ with the rest of Google (Gmail, Youtube, Google Apps) then it will be huge.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:56 pm

I don't want to use it, so I won't ;)

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:59 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:For those who don't know it's basically Google's take on Facebook. I've been using it for a few days now and it is actually very, very good. Like Facebook but none of the game and app bullshit.
It's got a few nice features that facebook doesn't have too like circles, which basically lets you group people together into certain groups or 'circles'. When you update your profile then you can decide who gets to see what.
Looks a lot nicer too I think and it's way more secure than facebook.

Only problem is it hasn't got the numbers facebook has. There's 10,000,000 registered users and the sites been invite only for the last two weeks which is very impressive. But compare that to the 700,000,000+ active facebook users it'll be a while before this will be taking down facebook.

Personally I think in a year or two more people will be using Google+ than facebook. I like Google and if it can intergrate Google+ with the rest of Google (Gmail, Youtube, Google Apps) then it will be huge.

I think it already has integration with your Gmail Contacts. I've got a android phone so it is amazing to get everything in one account. Google is AMAZING!