Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT Car recovery/Roat side assistance

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:07 pm

hay guys

My old man is trying to get road side assistance/breakdown cover and getting qoutes of £90 and £100

abit of a rip off aint it? anyone know any places? all he wants is road side assistance and if its not fixable then dropped to his house? car is Y reg

any ideas?

Re: OT Car recovery/Roat side assistance

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:11 pm

go-compare or one of those,or look for car insurance with breakdown cover free. i,m with one-call cant remember what the fee was tho :D

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:15 pm

You never thought a wurzle would be helping you ?
Try here,all in for £38. http://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/index.php

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:15 pm

Ben wrote:hay guys

My old man is trying to get road side assistance/breakdown cover and getting qoutes of £90 and £100

abit of a rip off aint it? anyone know any places? all he wants is road side assistance and if its not fixable then dropped to his house? car is Y reg

any ideas?

£7 a year here

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/aa-memb ... ver/975534

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:16 pm

he's got insurance which isn't due for another 8 months, so needs to get somthing before he can get a new policy started

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:25 pm

I think standard AA or RAC is pretty cheap whereby they will try to fix the motor or if they can't fix it then they take the car to the nearest garage. It's the "dropping" back to the house that puts the cost up I'm afraid as that has been so abused over there years they simply can't cover it. Certain elements of society will for example, drive to the nearest "whatever------festival, drug den, supermarket, etc" with only sufficient money to buy drugs. They then ring up road side rescue assistance claiming "dat de dam car broken down init" or whatever the current txt language is in a feable attempt to blag a free ride home.

Tell him to change bank accounts, most "banks" offer basic road side assistance as part of the account but if the car reg has Y as the last letter on the plate then it would be cheaper to leave it where it broke down, set fire to it, get a cab home then report it stolen. I read that on some other board, can't have been CCMB must have been a Jack one... ;)

Tell your Dad to look here..

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insura ... e-recovery

The Forums are better as its such a huge site but be warned you could spend hours and hours on there.

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:32 pm

cheers willy :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:05 pm

I worked for the AA for 4 years! on Penarth Rd - a long time ago - but you can get their Roadside and Relay for about £46 a year! :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:19 pm

Ben wrote:cheers willy :ayatollah:

No probs mate over the years the forums have saved me a shed full of money. It matters not that it was set up by a journalist for "bigger gains", read the forumns, it is an eye opener and so many friendly people. It's non political so no left wing shite just people helping others. You can even get specific instructions on how to beat the bookies :lol: :lol:

If you know anyone whose struggling with debt tell them about this site, its free.