Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My thoughts on Whitts..

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Ok, i know many of us on here have slated him in the last season or 2 for being a very lazy player on the pitch! BUT
from recent reports we have seen that Whitts is one of the, if not THE fittest player in the squad. Coming out on top in many training drills, and fitness tests.
This being said, I believe the answer to Whitts' laziness was from DJ's tactics and 'stand-off' approach in terms of defending and how he told and expected Whitts to play the 'playing deep' and playing balls through to JB and Chops up front. I think DJ only expected Whitts to play a certain part of the pitch and thats it! I also believe that under MM's NEW tactics and Whitts being 'KEY TO HIS PLANS' he could well be one of our best players this coming season! Undoubtly the most techniqally sound player in the league! Hopefully this season we will see a NEW and FRESH player in Whitts.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: My thoughts on Whitts..

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:52 pm

agree with everything here

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:54 pm

bluebirdtom16 wrote:agree with everything here

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:00 pm

If MM get him motivated he will be a big player.

Tbh i think whitts is 1 of them players that need a arm around him & i dont think DJ did that enough. :(

I dont care if MM has to shag him to get 20 goal out of him next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:11 pm

thewelshfella wrote:If MM get him motivated he will be a big player.

Tbh i think whitts is 1 of them players that need a arm around him & i dont think DJ did that enough. :(

I dont care if MM has to shag him to get 20 goal out of him next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

WHAT IS YOUR AVATAR? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:13 pm

agree watch him get forward more this season, prob bang lots goals in then get interest in January

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Ah f**k theres a thought.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:15 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:agree watch him get forward more this season, prob bang lots goals in then get interest in January

Yeah boy, then get an England call up ;) sound familiar? :lol:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:20 pm

Bledd10 wrote:Ok, i know many of us on here have slated him in the last season or 2 for being a very lazy player on the pitch! BUT
from recent reports we have seen that Whitts is one of the, if not THE fittest player in the squad. Coming out on top in many training drills, and fitness tests.
This being said, I believe the answer to Whitts' laziness was from DJ's tactics and 'stand-off' approach in terms of defending and how he told and expected Whitts to play the 'playing deep' and playing balls through to JB and Chops up front. I think DJ only expected Whitts to play a certain part of the pitch and thats it! I also believe that under MM's NEW tactics and Whitts being 'KEY TO HIS PLANS' he could well be one of our best players this coming season! Undoubtly the most techniqally sound player in the league! Hopefully this season we will see a NEW and FRESH player in Whitts.

Totally agree with you :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:20 pm

Bledd10 wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:agree watch him get forward more this season, prob bang lots goals in then get interest in January

steady on :oops:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:21 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Bledd10 wrote:

steady on :oops:

i'm sorry :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:21 pm

dear god what a image :shock:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:37 pm

totally agree bledd well said. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:11 am

its off red dwarf i believe :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:15 am

would be great to see whitts have a good season... theres no doubting his technical ability ..

i also feel he will have a big part to play this season.