Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CELTIC STARTING XI

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:24 pm

So with about one week to go, what will be the starting 11 for the first pre season at ccs...

this is what i think, presuming we dont sign anymore players b4..

heaton

mcnuggett, gerrard, hudson , taylor

conway, cowie, gunnarsson , whitts (think conway may start on the right )

earnie, parkin,

, its not a bad starting team, we can see from this we are quite weak upfront, however with a few weeks to go, obviously we will still add to this team ....

Re: CELTIC STARTING XI

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:So with about one week to go, what will be the starting 11 for the first pre season at ccs...

this is what i think, presuming we dont sign anymore players b4..

heaton

mcnuggett, gerrard, hudson , taylor

conway, cowie, gunnarsson , whitts (think conway may start on the right )

earnie, parkin,

, its not a bad starting team, we can see from this we are quite weak upfront, however with a few weeks to go, obviously we will still add to this team ....

Think you're pretty much spot on there mate, hopefully we can add goodwillie to that starting line up soon :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Maybe Mason up front with Parkin, or Earnie and Mason.. Hopefully get Bellers (big HOPEFULLY there) and Goodwillie then its not as lightweight! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:28 pm

didnt Cowie play on the right for Watford though?

If so then maybe Whitts in the centre with Cowie on right and Conway on left

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:30 pm

was thinking bout earnie and mason, but think we will prob see mason play some part towards the end...

another winger, centre mid , plus bellamy and goodwillie and i think we would be stronger than last yr...

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:31 pm

Th@Und@D@wg wrote:didnt Cowie play on the right for Watford though?

Yeah he did but I'd prefer to have cowie in the middle and put whitts back on the left (his best position imo) but yeah your midfield works as well..................how nice to have these options :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:33 pm

Bluebird_steve wrote:

Yeah he did but I'd prefer to have cowie in the middle and put whitts back on the left (his best position imo) but yeah your midfield works as well..................how nice to have these options :D :ayatollah:

.. it is good options though, think cowie lacks abit of pace to be on the wing ...

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:33 pm

.. it is good options though, think cowie lacks abit of pace to be on the wing ...[/quote]

Fair point but so does whitts and he makes it work :D :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:34 pm

Bluebird_steve wrote:

oh yes, and if things get bad we'll still have the Crab for backup

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:37 pm

Bluebird_steve wrote:.. it is good options though, think cowie lacks abit of pace to be on the wing ...

Fair point but so does whitts and he makes it work :D :ayatollah:[/quote]

with witts you know he is going to cut in , cut in some more , cut in again and end up in the middle anyway!

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:39 pm

Will Celtic field more Welsh players than us?

Will we field more Scottish players than Celtic?

Something doesn't feel right!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:39 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Bluebird_steve wrote:.. it is good options though, think cowie lacks abit of pace to be on the wing ...

Fair point but so does whitts and he makes it work :D :ayatollah:

with witts you know he is going to cut in , cut in some more , cut in again and end up in the middle anyway![/quote]

:lol: True

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:40 pm

I think whitts will be in the centre cos mm said he building team around him!!!!! I hope so cos he is a class player!!!!

Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:40 pm

Griff wrote:Will Celtic field more Welsh players than us?

Will we field more Scottish players than Celtic?

Something doesn't feel right!!!!!!!

it will be the only time that when two teams change shirts at the end of the game, things will then look correct!!