Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Defence will be solid!

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:01 am

From the pics ive seen, his past experience and something we lacked under DJ, the defence is getting coached by Malky himself and him retiring not so long ago is great for the players. He is used to the modern game and with his coaching experience from many countries I honestly think he will get the best out of the back four and will not be surprised if he only brings one more defender, maybe as back up.

Mcnaughton Hudson Gerrard Taylor

thoughts gentlemen? :ayatollah:

Re: Defence will be solid!

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:00 am

eighty_8 wrote:From the pics ive seen, his past experience and something we lacked under DJ, the defence is getting coached by Malky himself and him retiring not so long ago is great for the players. He is used to the modern game and with his coaching experience from many countries I honestly think he will get the best out of the back four and will not be surprised if he only brings one more defender, maybe as back up.

Mcnaughton Hudson Gerrard Taylor

thoughts gentlemen? :ayatollah:

That back line looks good to me :D
But who'd you have between the sticks Heaton,Marshall or bring in someone new ?

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:04 am

id go with heaton... before the inj i thought he started to look quite good... but with mm being a jock, i wouldnt be suprised if he went with marshall...

im very happy with back four, having gerrard back is like a new signing in itself..

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:14 am

From the vids on ccplayer, marshall looks sharp and in good shape
No doubt the arrival of a scottish gaffer hs boosted him
Problem last year was heaton, because of a few marshall injuries, had no real competition to push
him

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:53 am

eighty_8 wrote:From the vids on ccplayer, marshall looks sharp and in good shape
No doubt the arrival of a scottish gaffer hs boosted him
Problem last year was heaton, because of a few marshall injuries, had no real competition to push
him

i have to agree....

and it seems the players are really enjoying the training sessions and the forfeits are going down well!

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:34 am

I totally agree that the defence is solid now and a complete reverse from last season, where now our strongest part is the back 4. The best teams r always built on a strong defence and I feel far more confident of when we take the lead, holding onto it with the new players ( which I'd include gerrard in) and staff. As far as goalkeeper is concerned Marshall 2 seasons ago I thought was brilliant, yes he was flapping at crosses at times, but with the new and improved back line, should help him and restrict the other teams to more shots which is where Marshall excells!!

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:38 am

need a new goalie im sorry. both make stupid errors.