Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Gordon Brown drops to new depths

Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:52 am

Not a labour supporter, but ffs lets see the proof, the person they interviewed identity concealed could have been a private investigator, and you believe the sun?

Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:32 am

Regardless of whether they actually informed Brown they were going to run the story or who the source was, they should have NEVER run the story in the first place. What business is it of ours if Brown has a disabled son? I'm sorry, but as much as I don't like the guy, I'm with Brown on this one.

Also, the police seem pretty convinced who is to blame. I don't see how anyone can believe anything that is printed in the Sun.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:42 am

Midfield general wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Not a labour supporter, but ffs lets see the proof, the person they interviewed identity concealed could have been a private investigator, and you believe the sun?

You really think that more lies would benefit their cause..? No chance he's just been blaming them for the loss of the election and now he's trying to apply more pressure on him.

But if you look at it the other way, they are now so much in the shit they've got nothing to lose by peddling more lies.

How on earth you could actually belief a counter story published by the accused paper without question is pretty worrying :shock:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:55 am

PhatFrog wrote:Regardless of whether they actually informed Brown they were going to run the story or who the source was, they should have NEVER run the story in the first place. What business is it of ours if Brown has a disabled son? I'm sorry, but as much as I don't like the guy, I'm with Brown on this one.

Also, the police seem pretty convinced who is to blame. I don't see how anyone can believe anything that is printed in the Sun.

Like Brown wasn't going to spin the story at the right time anyway... deeply unpopular Labour politician...

Public interest? Yes. If it raises the profile of CF fund raising, that's a good thing.

But of course, anything anti-NI has to be true.

NOTW gave me cancer. Honest.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:01 am

Midfield general wrote:The Sun have proof that he was lying about his own son!!! :evil:

Gordon Brown is no fool and I fully expect this paper as well as other News International publications will be implicated in the wider issues of illegal practises used by the Gutter Press.

Theres more truth in me telling you that the City are about to sign Wayne Rooney :lol:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:02 am

nerd wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:Regardless of whether they actually informed Brown they were going to run the story or who the source was, they should have NEVER run the story in the first place. What business is it of ours if Brown has a disabled son? I'm sorry, but as much as I don't like the guy, I'm with Brown on this one.

Like Brown wasn't going to spin the story at the right time anyway... deeply unpopular Labour politician...

Public interest? Yes. If it raises the profile of CF fund raising, that's a good thing.

It doesnt matter if Gordon Brown was going to release the story himself. He should have been able to do it when he and his family were ready. Not because they had been backed into a corner. I think its rathee cynical and insensitive of you to suggest that he would have spinned the story to enhance his popularity

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:10 am

PhatFrog wrote:
nerd wrote:

It doesnt matter if Gordon Brown was going to release the story himself. He should have been able to do it when he and his family were ready. Not because they had been backed into a corner. I think its rathee cynical and insensitive of you to suggest that he would have spinned the story to enhance his popularity

Yeah, not like any politician to do that at all. Ever.

It's rather naive of you to believe politicians like Brown wouldn't use every possible angle to court popularity to get re-elected. Not that he was ever elected as PM in the first instance...

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:28 am

Wow, only people on THIS message board would take a stance like Nerds and Mid Gen.

Also Nerd, im not naive enough to believe all politicians etc are honest, but you seem too cynical to believe that not every politician has a lie coming out of their mouth 100% of the time.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:34 am

I'd believe anything Gordon Brown says over anything a News International publication says.

I hope Rupert Murdoch does a Robert Maxwell. He's vermin

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:40 am

The video proves nothing. And it never will until they release his identity. Also, do youbhonestly believe that the Sun would have run such a big story in the say so of one source??? No. They would have investigated the claims. So phone hacking is still a legitimate claim.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:44 am

PhatFrog wrote:The video proves nothing. And it never will until they release his identity. Also, do youbhonestly believe that the Sun would have run such a big story in the say so of one source??? No. They would have investigated the claims. So phone hacking is still a legitimate claim.

And it's strange that this video should come out now. Damage limitation, maybe? And I'd put money on the fact it has probably been 'doctored' in some way

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:52 am

nerd, so what are you saying? gordon brown found out his son had cystic fibrosis then thought, wait a minute lets turn this into an opportunity to get re-elected!!!!!!! i take it u and midfield general are not parents then! and why midfield general thought it was a good idea to start a thread like this is beyond me. thank f**k phatfrog is injecting a bit of sense into this conversation

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:58 am

Unbelievable that someone is blaming Brown as opposed to NI for doing what they did

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:00 am

thehumblegringo wrote:nerd, so what are you saying? gordon brown found out his son had cystic fibrosis then thought, wait a minute lets turn this into an opportunity to get re-elected!!!!!!! i take it u and midfield general are not parents then! and why midfield general thought it was a good idea to start a thread like this is beyond me. thank f**k phatfrog is injecting a bit of sense into this conversation

Yup, am a parent, so kindly stfu.

All politicians use spin. Kissing babies, shaking the publics hands.

if you seriously don't believe the story would have been spun via Brown at some point, you're an absolute idiot...

EDIT:

Look at the endless Cherie Blair pregnant garbage in the press - media intrusion, hacking, huh? Or spin? Of course, the fact the stupid cow increased the chances of illness/injury to baby by getting pregnant so late in life is something most of the media ignored...

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:04 am

Nottage Blue wrote:Unbelievable that someone is blaming Brown as opposed to NI for doing what they did

Except, you and others are swallowing the whole claims by Brown without wanting any evidence presented.

If you'd committed a mugging in say Cathays, would you expect every single mugging in Cathays to be pinned on you by the police?

Anybody right now can throw any claims they like at NI. No proof required. Such morals, right? let's hope the other papers are squeaky clean... we can then see those who love to slate Murdoch squirm as they try to morally justify not criticising others...

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:05 am

i like gordon brown. blair didnt make it easy for him, i think id prefer brown than cameron!

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:19 am

nerd ur nothing but a smart arse c**t! i dont particularly like gordon brown or many other politicians for that matter but to suggest that he'd use his terminally ill son to get points off the public is a f*cking shocking accusation! u dont know him and neither do i so why dont u keep ur stupid f*cking opinions to urself

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:24 am

Midfield general wrote:So no-one has an answer as to why he didn't complain about the story when it broke!!!!!

When did Gordon Brown claim he was hacked? Perhaps he has only recently learned that the imfo was obtained by hacking his private things. Also, he isnt dull enough to take on a major newspaper by himself when he was in power. Lets face it, when it was celebrity and politicians who wete being hacked, no one cared. But now its happend to grieving families...it gets more publicity so something can be done about it.

How anyone can believe what the sun prints after their Hillsborough disaster.

Also Nerd RE Cherie Blair...So you think the media should have hounded her about her pregnancy??

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:25 am

thehumblegringo wrote:nerd ur nothing but a smart arse c**t! i dont particularly like gordon brown or many other politicians for that matter but to suggest that he'd use his terminally ill son to get points off the public is a f*cking shocking accusation! u dont know him and neither do i so why dont u keep ur stupid f*cking opinions to urself

Stay classy, kiddo.

Face facts. The story would have been spun - Brown giving public interview or more likely, PR spin doctors around leaking it. In the latter case would it have been done with Brown's consent - arguable.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:27 am

PhatFrog wrote:
Midfield general wrote:So no-one has an answer as to why he didn't complain about the story when it broke!!!!!

When did Gordon Brown claim he was hacked? Perhaps he has only recently learned that the imfo was obtained by hacking his private things. Also, he isnt dull enough to take on a major newspaper by himself when he was in power. Lets face it, when it was celebrity and politicians who wete being hacked, no one cared. But now its happend to grieving families...it gets more publicity so something can be done about it.

Perhaps he "learned" he was "hacked". or perhaps he's settling scores by mudflinging knowing the public would believe it even if he wasn't hacked.

Also Nerd RE Cherie Blair...So you think the media should have hounded her about her pregnancy??

No. I don't think they should have fawned over it as an amazing event in the way they did.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:27 am

nerd wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:nerd ur nothing but a smart arse c**t! i dont particularly like gordon brown or many other politicians for that matter but to suggest that he'd use his terminally ill son to get points off the public is a f*cking shocking accusation! u dont know him and neither do i so why dont u keep ur stupid f*cking opinions to urself

Stay classy, kiddo.

Face facts. The story would have been spun - Brown giving public interview or more likely, PR spin doctors around leaking it. In the latter case would it have been done with Brown's consent - arguable.

you have an answer to everything...ok, will the tories actually do something good? :D :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:33 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
nerd wrote:

Stay classy, kiddo.

you have an answer to everything...ok, will the tories actually do something good? :D :D :ayatollah:

Yes; problem is people expect miracles to be delivered yesterday.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:49 am

oh i get it now, this is nothing to do with gordon brown or anyone else! this is a party political broadcast by the conservative party!! if gordon brown was a tory he could never use his terminally ill son for gain but cos he is evil labour then he must be! f*cking pathetic mate

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:53 am

nerd wrote:[="nerd"]

Stay classy, kiddo.

you have an answer to everything...ok, will the tories actually do something good? :D :D :ayatollah:[/quote]

Yes; problem is people expect miracles to be delivered yesterday.[/quote]

hmm...debatable..this is the way I see it. (just my opinion) We should spend our way out of this economy "crisis" and we can, its called re investment.

Heres why I think the tories have fucked up. They have pretty much screwed up alot of industries when they first made the cuts, people are still being made redundant, alot of pubs was closed down in the first few months when they came into power. So this means they will have to spend back into these industries for them to recover properly, what will happen when they spend back into these industries? the debt will come back. This is why I think they should've spent their way out instead of making cuts. If they spent more money on each industries employment would've risen, more tax would've been paid, more people would have money to spend which would make our market stronger.
Yes they plan to get rid of the debt in 5 years where as other countries and labour planned to get rid of the/their debt in 10 years, which wouldve been better. Yes getting rid of the debt in 5 years is good but will it stabilize our market? no, because people will be out of work, and people will have less money to spend, and prices would be even higher than they are now. This means theres no cash flow.
They re-investment idea was actaully from an episode of Apprentice (thats where i got it from), basically you buy products, sell em, make a profit, and with the profit you re-invest (doesnt have to be all profit) sell them again and make money, and if you have stock left over then thats still good.

Thats just my opinion. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:54 am

thehumblegringo wrote:oh i get it now, this is nothing to do with gordon brown or anyone else! this is a party political broadcast by the conservative party!! if gordon brown was a tory he could never use his terminally ill son for gain but cos he is evil labour then he must be! f*cking pathetic mate

If you meant me, I refer you to my earlier quote :-
"All politicians use spin. Kissing babies, shaking the publics hands."

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:16 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:We should spend our way out of this economy "crisis" and we can, its called re investment.

We tried this before. For years even. It doesn't work.
It's a Keynesian policy and it is brilliant in the short term, and then the bubble bursts as they say and we're left with more debt than before.
Personally we need to make cuts. The deficit is too large and we as a country are debt ridden. Budget cuts suck right now but they have to happen, we spent way too much under Labou
As you can see here:
And this needs to be sorted over time by spending less.

Anyway, having just flicked through this thread it's easy to see no one here knows the full facts and are basing what they say off nothing. Personally I find it hard to take the Sun seriously. Even if they did get the information from the dad of a sufferer of cystic fibrosis I don't see what right he had to call the Sun and tell them. But again I don't trust the Sun as far as I can throw them. They did seem to find an anonymous source from 5 years ago pretty f*cking quickly.

And the word spin doesn't apply here. He may have used it to gain public support, but again, that's not spin nor is it fact.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:21 am

MyNameIsAled wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:We should spend our way out of this economy "crisis" and we can, its called re investment.

We tried this before. For years even. It doesn't work.
It's a Keynesian policy and it is brilliant in the short term, and then the bubble bursts as they say and we're left with more debt than before.
Personally we need to make cuts. The deficit is too large and we as a country are debt ridden. Budget cuts suck right now but they have to happen, we spent way too much under Labou
As you can see here:
And this needs to be sorted over time by spending less.

Anyway, having just flicked through this thread it's easy to see no one here knows the full facts and are basing what they say off nothing. Personally I find it hard to take the Sun seriously. Even if they did get the information from the dad of a sufferer of cystic fibrosis I don't see what right he had to call the Sun and tell them. But again I don't trust the Sun as far as I can throw them. They did seem to find an anonymous source from 5 years ago pretty f*cking quickly.

And the word spin doesn't apply here. He may have used it to gain public support, but again, that's not spin nor is it fact.

then you spend where its needed and wisely, labour must've spent money on something we dont need.

Oh theres another thing, WE the tax payers can help aswell. Its not by saving like the banks say but by spending money! them more people that spend money the better because like i said, theres more cash flow and the market gets stronger. Too late now cause the banks put fear into peoples head and the people paniced

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:24 pm

According to reports Gordon Brown has only just been made aware of it

Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:09 pm

People who read and believe the Sun :lol:

Gordon Brown for this case :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:04 pm

Midfield general wrote:
bluecyw wrote:According to reports Gordon Brown has only just been made aware of it

Rebekah Brooks rang Gordon Brown herself about 3 years ago to notify him that they were running the story and now he's complaining about it!!!

He's complaining because of the allegations to do with hacking into his phone and/or accessing his medical records.