Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

COULD WE HAVE ANY CHANCE OF SIGNING THIS GUY!

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:08 am

LEWIS MCGUGAN .. a proven top championship player , 13 goals from midfield last season inc. 10 screamers and a 35 yd free kick. also got 15 assists..

would he be to much for us to afford?

would forest tell us where to go?

what i do know is that this is the sort of player that i would like to see in a city shirt..

thoughts?

Re: COULD WE HAVE ANY CHANCE OF SIGNING THIS GUY!

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:11 am

i'd like him, but forest have less players than us so think it would be a no go :cry:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:11 am

Great player but don't think forest would sell to a rival club and if they did they would make sure they got a tidy fee for him so would probably ask for more than we can afford :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:12 am

i wudnt mind he played in a big part last year for forest

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:14 am

what sort of fee do you think would tempt Forest?

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:15 am

1mill

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:18 am

i dont see mclaren wanting to lose him BUT he was close to earnie and tyson and theyve both gone
stranger things have happened

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:18 am

mutt10 wrote:1mill

And the rest, that would be an absolute steal if anyone got him for that, he's one of forest's best players

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:19 am

I agree Blackwood, quality signing IF we could get him, I do know this if he ain't scoring he is setting them up for those that do score.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:23 am

surely it would be worth testing the water with a cheeky 2-3 mil bid...

if we want to gain promotion surely we must be looking to add quality to the side with players of this ability..

if we offer for him, it could unsettle him and maybe forest would be willing to deal..

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:31 am

i m afraid forest would tell us where to go, if we happen to have a few million floating around id like to see it spent on a potent strike force

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:36 am

englishbluebird wrote:i m afraid forest would tell us where to go, if we happen to have a few million floating around id like to see it spent on a potent strike force

our transfer budget including wages is thought to be around 20 mil.. last yrs we spent around 15mil, we have got rid of alot of big earners from that budget so with who we have already brought in there must be some money around for 1 or 2 decent transfers..

assuming that the 2mil for goodwillie is still on the cards there must still be another 2 or 3 mil available for transfers..

mm did state last week that there were funds avail to bring in some additions..

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:05 pm

it seems as though forest may be willing to sell some of their star players

according to ssn the jaks are lining up lee camp... now he is under contract until 2013 so they would need a decent fee, so back to my orig. post would it be worth us testing the water with an offer for mcgugan?

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:06 pm

mutt10 wrote:1mill

more like 4mil