Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

SIGNING EREMENKO, GOODWILLIE & BELLAMY....

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:43 am

In my opinion, with what we have already could easily see us up in the top 5 all season long? With the possibility of Automatic promotion.

I know that's what happened last season, but with a new team spirit a manager bringing in fresh ideas, tactics & players, the fans with a renewed belief and Captain Cardiff back in I'm sure we'll be a match for anyone in this league.....

Did I read right that something like 7 or 8 of our last 10 games of the season are at home?

Also do we need any other defenders in? Or are you confident with the back four?

Re: SIGNING EREMENKO, GOODWILLIE & BELLAMY....

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:45 am

so we are def signing them

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:47 am

mutt10 wrote:so we are def signing them

That's what I thought when it was pinned to the top of the board.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:49 am

merlin stop teasing :lol:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:50 am

I would also like to see at least two young season long loans to bolster the squad
Cleverly maybe ???

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:51 am

if we sign them we def be in the top 6 malky done a gd with watford wiv a low budget but now he got money hes unstoppable

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:52 am

well lets hope we get all 3 then........

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:57 am

If we sign these three then top 6 is very reachable. But at the minute not just yet :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:11 am

bluebirds23 wrote:merlin stop teasing :lol:

No teasing! :Lol: just looking for your views! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:12 am

so we aint signing them

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:21 am

With any of those three we will be in the mix in my opinion.

I'm sure we'll bag the odd young loan player by the end of the window too which should see us with a much healthier squad than last year.

COME ON

:ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:33 am

The only one I have ever seen play is Bellamy. The other two sound like good players but if I'm honest I know nothing about them other than they did well in the SPL. I like the way Malky is going about his business signing good 'team' players and individuals like DJ did last season. It would be exciting times if we managed to sign any of those players let alone all three!

I do think we could also do with a centre back as I'm not totally convinced with Hudson, Gypes, Keinan or Gerrard. They are all ok but if we could get a really commanding centre back in a similar mold to Roger Johnson I'd be really happy.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:09 pm

i dont like the sound of this eremenko guy.... he seems abit of a all i want is whoever offers me the most money and i dont care where i play....

he should be well chuffed with some of the teams hes been linked with compared to the teams he has currently played for..

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:15 pm

merlin i actually think our back 4 is strong enough. i may be proved wrong as the season goes but i still think we need an extra one or 2 bodies in defence for a bit more strengthening and also just in case we get injuries like hudson last season.
think darcy should play cdm.
hard to say when we aren't 100% sure what players are yet to come in and what formation we will play.
all 3 of the players you've mentioned would be amazing for us. 3 very strong performing players.
although we have done really well with signing the quality that we have done...still need a defender, 2 or 3 midfielders and a striker or 2. imo. (not being too greedy :D )

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:16 pm

FFS if we sign them three we will have a better squad than last year and i would have thought automatic,better squad better manager {hope to be proved} and annis in a positive mood what more could you ask for :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:17 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i dont like the sound of this eremenko guy.... he seems abit of a all i want is whoever offers me the most money and i dont care where i play....

he should be well chuffed with some of the teams hes been linked with compared to the teams he has currently played for..

Most players are the same(you cant blame them either)I always ask how much is the wage before i except a job and im sure your the same fella :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:27 pm

boxerbob wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:i dont like the sound of this eremenko guy.... he seems abit of a all i want is whoever offers me the most money and i dont care where i play....

Most players are the same(you cant blame them either)I always ask how much is the wage before i except a job and im sure your the same fella :ayatollah:

not always, would i travel to dubai to work for an extra so many ££ ... no i wouldnt... he currently plays in a poor standard league, played on loan with kilmarnock!! no offence.. The chance to play in the championship with the few clubs looking at him should be enough of a step up to sway him... but he said he would go anywhere in the world where the best money deal was... clearly showing he is not putting football first...

its a bit different with our jobs ....

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:32 pm

he should be well chuffed with some of the teams hes been linked with compared to the teams he has currently played for..[/quote]
Most players are the same(you cant blame them either)I always ask how much is the wage before i except a job and im sure your the same fella :ayatollah:[/quote]

not always, would i travel to dubai to work for an extra so many ££ ... no i wouldnt... he currently plays in a poor standard league, played on loan with kilmarnock!! no offence.. The chance to play in the championship with the few clubs looking at him should be enough of a step up to sway him... but he said he would go anywhere in the world where the best money deal was... clearly showing he is not putting football first...

its a bit different with our jobs ....[/quote]
Fair comment about our jobs i suppose,but there's too much money in the game now.I would think most players(not all),look for the coin on offer

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:38 pm

still short on goal scorers in my opinion, whos gonna get us 20+ next season?

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:39 pm

boxerbob wrote:he should be well chuffed with some of the teams hes been linked with compared to the teams he has currently played for..

Most players are the same(you cant blame them either)I always ask how much is the wage before i except a job and im sure your the same fella :ayatollah:[/quote]

its a bit different with our jobs ....[/quote]
Fair comment about our jobs i suppose,but there's too much money in the game now.I would think most players(not all),look for the coin on offer[/quote]

your prob right, but theres no show of " wow cardiff city are looking at me" im flattered to be linked with them due to the current shit that i play for!!

he dosnt seem that bothered.. with conway and taylor etc... they couldnt wait to come to us even though conway was offered more money by rangers...

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:40 pm

when is goodwillie in court then? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:52 pm

I would be happy with one of the above as i am not greedy :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:00 pm

Merlin wrote:In my opinion, with what we have already could easily see us up in the top 5 all season long? With the possibility of Automatic promotion.

I know that's what happened last season, but with a new team spirit a manager bringing in fresh ideas, tactics & players, the fans with a renewed belief and Captain Cardiff back in I'm sure we'll be a match for anyone in this league.....

Did I read right that something like 7 or 8 of our last 10 games of the season are at home?

Also do we need any other defenders in? Or are you confident with the back four?

you're a right b*stard sometimes you know that right? did annis set you up for this? he always does this :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:02 pm

what a load of rubbish we havent seen any of these players in action yet ,in MY OPINION the likes of west ham and leicester mean business and are going for prem league players

Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:03 pm

DEANO wrote:what a load of rubbish we havent seen any of these players in action yet ,in MY OPINION the likes of west ham and leicester mean business and are going for prem league players

where you here last season? take it you didnt see bellamy en ;)

Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:11 pm

didnt mean bellers sorry mate came over wrong i meant the players we have already SIGNED

Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:29 pm

DEANO wrote:what a load of rubbish we havent seen any of these players in action yet ,in MY OPINION the likes of west ham and leicester mean business and are going for prem league players

we as fans haven't seen them play obviously Malky has otherwise he wouldn't have gone for them :lol:
and Leicester have signed one prem player

in Malky Mackay we trust :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:34 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

its a bit different with our jobs ....

Maybe he has things to pay out and would like to put his family first and make life more comfortable for them first and foremost. We don't know his motives at all and one of the biggest money grabbers in the football world at the moment puts his heart and soul into every performance, Carlos Tevez. Whether he wants to leave or not he always gives 100% which you have to admire him for. The same with Charlie Adam last season. He wanted a move to Liverpool but still played his heart out to try and keep Blackpool up.

I have no qualms with him playing off clubs so he gets the right deal for his personal reasons but at the same time he must justify that by working hard and showing he is committed.

One thing you can admire about him is his honesty. How many players have said 'I want to go to the club because it gives me a new chance and I have always supported the club' and then have gone back on their word and left a year or two later because the going gets tough or more money comes along?

Football is a fickle world. Fickle fans, fickle players with fickle boardrooms.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:37 pm

NinianBluebird1927 wrote:Maybe he has things to pay out and would like to put his family first and make life more comfortable for them first and foremost. We don't know his motives at all and one of the biggest money grabbers in the football world at the moment puts his heart and soul into every performance, Carlos Tevez. Whether he wants to leave or not he always gives 100% which you have to admire him for. The same with Charlie Adam last season. He wanted a move to Liverpool but still played his heart out to try and keep Blackpool up.

I have no qualms with him playing off clubs so he gets the right deal for his personal reasons but at the same time he must justify that by working hard and showing he is committed.

One thing you can admire about him is his honesty. How many players have said 'I want to go to the club because it gives me a new chance and I have always supported the club' and then have gone back on their word and left a year or two later because the going gets tough or more money comes along?

Football is a fickle world. Fickle fans, fickle players with fickle boardrooms.

Thats a top post fella and very well said

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:00 pm

Top half next season with the present squad.

Squad still too shallow in key areas.

Get a decent and fit goalscorer in and with Ched Evans then top 6 becomes attainable.