Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This messageboard lately

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:52 am

Going to have my say.

Things have got a bit silly lately and has gone against the spirit of the mb. That is the abusiveness has increased for people having opinions. Personally I expected this to happen as the board increased its membership. So I thought I would just give a bit of advice to those of us who have been on here for a while but have been a bit disappointed with all this crap lately.

Anyone here ever heard of the term Troll. This is an individual who basically looks for an argument regardless if they agree with an opinion or not. They will revert to abusiveness and belittlement to get a reaction. These sort of guys were the type that got bullied at school or their partners are having an affair with their best mate or perhaps they beat up little children. That is they cant stand up for themselves, not capable of winning what is good for them and only feel good when the odds are stacked in their favour (beating up children). So behind their keyboard they are comfortable.

So what is the answer against these losers. Well in the cyber world there is only really one answer and that is to totally ignore them. Do not react, report them to a moderator and hope they see fit to remove. Simply really.

There has been quite a few individuals who have come on here, got banned very quickly and have gone running saying they got banned because of an opinion that did not go down well. Well most of that is true except for the opinion bit. Coming on here as a newbie and expressing your opinion in a obnoxious way is not the way to do it. Do you go into someone house and slag off the wallpaper, paintwork or some furniture, specially if it is the first time you have stepped through that door. No you dont, well all respectful people dont. Fortunately most of the newbies we have had lately are nothing like that.

The mods do a great job here. Most guys they have banned have deserved it. Of course they will get things wrong or should I say I might not agree with some of their actions but that is their privilage. Such is life. If they were abusing their privilage I would not be here. Simple really.

Re: This messageboard lately

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:57 am

Do you think i should get a new goldfish?
I have 7 but the tank is massive so what do you all think i should do?

Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:59 am

i think some things need to be taken with a pinch of salt, from what i've read some have had a sense of humor bypass.

end of the day, it's a messageboard for different opinions to be exchanged, not everyone agrees with each other but thats life.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:03 am

Randy Udderway wrote:i think some things need to be taken with a pinch of salt, from what i've read some have had a sense of humor bypass.

end of the day, it's a messageboard for different opinions to be exchanged, not everyone agrees with each other but thats life.

What about the goldfish dilemma tho?

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:03 am

moz-dublin wrote:Do you think i should get a new goldfish?

My first pet was a goldfish, won it at a funfair. So the next day I went and brought a massive tank for it. It soon died. Work that one out yourself or have you not a brain the size of a pea or did your mother do everything for you or do you beat up your wife when she forgot to do your dinner or..............cant think of anything else.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:04 am

Randy Udderway wrote:i think some things need to be taken with a pinch of salt, from what i've read some have had a sense of humor bypass.

Exactly. I still see posters who think McPhail is 'class' and it drives me insane to think they still believe that, but rather than call them a 'c**t' it is better to put my case why he is absolutely shit.

My usual rule is I will reply with counter-arguements but I won't hang on for grim death in the hope of getting the last post so that I have the pathetic belief I have 'won' the argument.

It is better to just state your case and leave it.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:05 am

Good post Ian! Realism :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:06 am

Think we just need 6th August to come round :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

7th even :lol:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:07 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

My first pet was a goldfish, won it at a funfair. So the next day I went and brought a massive tank for it. It soon died. Work that one out yourself or have you not a brain the size of a pea or did your mother do everything for you or do you beat up your wife when she forgot to do your dinner or..............cant think of anything else.

I beat up my goldfish when my wife forgets to cook my mother

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:08 am

So you are allowed to have an opinion once you have been here how long?

When do I lose my "Newbie" status?

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:12 am

polo wrote:So you are allowed to have an opinion once you have been here how long?

Nope. You are allowed an opinion anytime. It is the expressing of it that counts.

Lose your "Newbie" status? Your paranoid.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:14 am

moz-dublin wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

I beat up my goldfish when my wife forgets to cook my mother

Just because your wife cant fit your mother in the cooker no need to take it out on the goldfish.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:16 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
polo wrote:So you are allowed to have an opinion once you have been here how long?

Nope. You are allowed an opinion anytime. It is the expressing of it that counts.

Ok then. In my opinion you need to not take things so seriously. its only the internet. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:17 am

You dont know what my fish are like.
Old greg,shakira and johnny cash are on the sex offenders register for buggering a camel

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:20 am

polo wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

Ok then. In my opinion you need to not take things so seriously. its only the internet. :ayatollah:

Me serious, no not me. Born with a smile on my face me.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:24 am

moz-dublin wrote:You dont know what my fish are like.
Old greg,shakira and johnny cash are on the sex offenders register for buggering a camel

What about the other 4? Dont tell me, they did the Matts Bullion robbery. Clever that hiding in a goldfish bowl.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:20 pm

great post :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:37 pm

lewis91 wrote:great post :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree, nice bit of humour at last :D
As for all the rest of negative posts, if you think its rubbish/strongly disagree ect, just do what i do, (quick cough) then bollox under your breath... rather than typeing negativity, my kids are convinced i have Torrettes!!! :D :lol: :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:39 pm

supercoops wrote:
lewis91 wrote:great post :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree, nice bit of humour at last :D
As for all the rest of negative posts, if you think its rubbish/strongly disagree ect, just do what i do, (quick cough) then bollox under your breath... rather than typeing negativity, my kids are convinced i have Torrettes!!! :D :lol: :D :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: well done supercoops :D (cough)

Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:44 pm

Merlin wrote:Good post Ian! Realism :ayatollah:

Maybe you could have shown a little bit of realism, when you issued me a board warning for a tongue in cheek comment.....thank god you aint a copper, you'd be a right c**t. ;) (another tongue in cheek comment before you dawn rain me)...

Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:50 pm

Class keep em cumming Men.... :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:06 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:
Merlin wrote:Good post Ian! Realism :ayatollah:

Maybe you could have shown a little bit of realism, when you issued me a board warning for a tongue in cheek comment.....thank god you aint a copper, you'd be a right c**t. ;) (another tongue in cheek comment before you dawn rain me)...

Raid even..... :)