Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

come on how long before the malaysians show there hand

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:42 pm

weeks, months, never,are they still out there?

Re: come on how long before the malaysians show there hand

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:43 pm

wayne wrote:weeks, months, never,are they still out there?

Depends if we get as far as the court hearing on the 10th.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:45 pm

did i hear right that they are holding out coz riddler is in,
or the other one going around is
they want to buy the club complete and have 100% control and thats not happening
anyone got any updates on there or any other options

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:46 pm

i can't see it happening myself, i reckon if they were going to take the club over they would have started to put things into place by now. :(

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:46 pm

seems to be dragging on a bit don't it :!: what is the hold up :?: are they still interested or are we completely stuffed and hoping for miracles that are never going to come :?: :?:

Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:48 pm

They are still with us ;)

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:14 pm

There was article in the football league paper months ago it said the Malaysians would slowly become involved with Cardiff City and could end up investing £40m.

However, this wouldn't happen overnight and they planned small investments first as they tested the waters and watched how things panned out.

At different times (especially in the earlier statements) Ridsdale confirmed this.

So IMO nothing has change, the takeover was always meant to take time. Ridsdale because of his own agenda has tried to rush things although the Malaysians will come on board eventually but we might not see sigificant investment until the summer or even next year.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:45 pm

i don't understand why they want to take so long, malaysians are crazy about the premier league ,we are in a great position in the league and with a little bit of team strengthening we could have had a real go at getting promoted, it's been a missed opportunity for them if you ask me, and if they sit back and leave us go into administration they will have to start from scratch.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:35 pm

yup. pateince and faith. :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:48 pm

Daya wrote:

yup. pateince and faith. :ayatollah:

Yes, you did say on CCMB that the Malaysian business folk don't rush into things.

I'm quite glad they're taking their time, can you imagine if we had an idiot like Steele on board now?

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:54 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:There was article in the football league paper months ago it said the Malaysians would slowly become involved with Cardiff City and could end up investing £40m.

However, this wouldn't happen overnight and they planned small investments first as they tested the waters and watched how things panned out.

At different times (especially in the earlier statements) Ridsdale confirmed this.

So IMO nothing has change, the takeover was always meant to take time. Ridsdale because of his own agenda has tried to rush things although the Malaysians will come on board eventually but we might not see sigificant investment until the summer or even next year.

Are they testing the water now, because we are drowning in it?
Throws us the lifebelt please.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:58 pm

I think they are quite happy to see us drowning in it to be honest - because it will come a time when the current board have to accept the 10p offer they have put on the table. They obviously know that we will struggle even more as the days go on.......after all, they have seen the full picture of the clubs financial status (past, present and future)

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:39 pm

A few weeks! if that.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:20 am

I received an email from TG last night, says they are still interested and working with the club to steady the club and move to calmer waters. He also says he wants to catch up with me next time he is in Singapore so assuming the email address is not a wind up then hopefully we have a long term future.

As mentioned above these boys will not rush, TG's business partners have some massive projects starting up in Johor which is over the causeway from Singapore in Malaysia, if they do get involved and we all hope they will it is going to be in a professional manner which is exactly what this club wants and needs.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:46 am

SingaporeBlue wrote:I received an email from TG last night, says they are still interested and working with the club to steady the club and move to calmer waters. He also says he wants to catch up with me next time he is in Singapore so assuming the email address is not a wind up then hopefully we have a long term future.

As mentioned above these boys will not rush, TG's business partners have some massive projects starting up in Johor which is over the causeway from Singapore in Malaysia, if they do get involved and we all hope they will it is going to be in a professional manner which is exactly what this club wants and needs.

Bang on.

Orchard towers... what a place! :ayatollah: sshhhhh

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:54 am

Thinking of knocking it down and redeveloping Daya :o next time you are here try Brix ;)