Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who should be the No.1 'Keeper?

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:47 pm

Not sure what Malky's planning for the upcoming season, but after the horrid period in which we had Bywater between the posts, I'd love to know who's going to be our main 'keeper for the season.

I myself am split on the matter.

Glad to see Marshall back, and I believe he should be the main 'keeper -- my only worry is him playing with Gerrard. When they were both in the team together I was scared to even watch an opposition corner being taken, as they couldn't organise themselves properly (won't mention the brief bust-up during the Forest match, as I'm sure it's a thing of the past already).

I'm hoping Malky will be focusing on the defence and we'll see both Marshall and Gerrard on the pitch playing to the best of their abilities.

Anyone else think the same, or should we stick with Heaton?

:ayatollah:

Re: Who should be the No.1 'Keeper?

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:55 pm

Heaton for my number 1 keeper all day long, I like Marshall dont get me wrong but I think Heaton is young and will be hungry for it this season. I think he will be outstanding and will improve day by day.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Heaton :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Purely because he is more confident than Marshall Plus Marshall is dodgey

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:00 pm

TheTrueBlue7 wrote:Heaton :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Purely because he is more confident than Marshall Plus Marshall is dodgey

And Heaton's not is he mate :o

Marshall for me :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:02 pm

Marshall for me :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:03 pm

None of the above !

We need a top class keeper if we are going to be serious promotion contenders !

Neither Marshall or Heaton come into that category !

Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:11 pm

If the new keeper coach can improve Marshall's poor area's such as Crossing he'd be one of the best in the league, but at the moment Heaton is all round better and should start number one, he's a solid keeper

To say either are not good enough and that we need different keepers is ludicrous ... Their both great keepers and have proved it over and over ... So what they make some mistakes, what keeper doesnt? Their good points far exceed their bad points

1. Heaton
2. Marshall

When the new coach has settled and worked ... who knows!