Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

iPhone Jailbreakers - Must have live weather widget

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:20 pm

In Cydia add http://repo.insanelyi.com/ to your sources.

Then browse through and find Bliss Live Weather HD from that source.

Once installed you can get on to setting your location.

Download iFile from Cydia which lets you on your iPhone browse your files and edit them on your phone rather than having to use cyberduck or another computer based program.

In iFile go to /var/stash/Themes/Bliss Weather HD.theme

Inside there should be a file named configureMe.js

Click on it and click text viewer. Then in the top left corner click edit.

Look for the line var locale = "90631" change the code to 'UKXX0030' for Cardiff.

Here is a list of all the codes. http://www.edg3.co.uk/snippets/weather- ... d-kingdom/

Find the line var isCelsius = false and change false to true.

Now save the file.

Go to winterboard (install it via Cydia if you must) and click on the the theme. Exit Cydia and your iPhone should respring.

You should now have a live weather update widget which will update with the weather on yahoo.

You can edit the theme files yourself if you're artistic and want to add a personal touch. :ayatollah:

Here is a pic and the weather will update automatically.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: iPhone Jailbreakers - Must have live weather widget

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Why not just install dreamboard, and use the standard endroid theme it provides? The weather is animated too same as android so you get moving clouds, rain and sun etc on the screen! :ayatollah:

or if you really want to change the look of your phone with something to impress just install TimlessHD theme! comes with a weather widget built in. I've used weather widgets for years, but get bored of them.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:32 pm

Dreamboard is a nightmare to navigate in comparison to winterboard themes and self modding. I much prefer the latter. Don't get me wrong, Dreamboard is great for someone who doesn't want to delve in deep and do a lot of it on their own but I don't like it.

Dreamboard needs to be like Winterboard and allow you to respring to a theme fully rather than just pop up out of.

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:38 pm

NinianBluebird1927 wrote:Dreamboard is a nightmare to navigate in comparison to winterboard themes and self modding. I much prefer the latter. Don't get me wrong, Dreamboard is great for someone who doesn't want to delve in deep and do a lot of it on their own but I don't like it.

Dreamboard needs to be like Winterboard and allow you to respring to a theme fully rather than just pop up out of.

I have taken Ifile apart with a fine tooth comb and come up with things even comex and the dev team have said WTF to! :lol:

but the simpler and cleaner it is - the better for me!

My theme is so simple at the minute - heres my lockscreen:

and my normal Springboard:

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:45 pm

Yeah same here.

I prefer a clean locking set up but I like it to have useful features too.

:D

Hopefully, once I go to university I can learn more about Objective C too and get into the design side of things in relation to apps :ayatollah:

Do you know much on php at all? (in relation to web)

Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:57 pm

NinianBluebird1927 wrote:Yeah same here.

I prefer a clean locking set up but I like it to have useful features too.

:D

Hopefully, once I go to university I can learn more about Objective C too and get into the design side of things in relation to apps :ayatollah:

Do you know much on php at all? (in relation to web)

Not alot mate! :lol: Just tend to stick with the things I do know about and not venture into the unknown! ;)