Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: serious question - do you like the stadium ?

Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:46 pm

i loved ninian park but i like the new stadium :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:49 pm

I like the new ground.

If we just looked at the atmosphere side of things as this to me is the important factor.

The problem we have is were comparing our new ground to Ninian Park!! Your never going to beat it! Some clubs move into new grounds and get on with it as there not leaving a Ninian park. Plenty of people not connected with the club always praise Ninian park as it was one of the greatest grounds to watch football.

I thought i would never warm to the new ground but i am starting to.

I think the friendly Canton V Ninian banter at the end of last season really helped.

Never done a poll before but i think i might start one after every home game to see which were the loudest!! :lol: :lol:

Obviously i am expecting the canton to win each time :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:53 pm

Canton :lol: no way was louder , need to turn up the volume in my opinion next season :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:10 pm

Nice stadium, but very simular to other new stadiums. No real personal features which makes it ours, cardiff citys stadium. I still prefer ninian for the atmosphere, and the togetherness of the club and supporters

Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:17 pm

surely having the away fans tucked away in the corner and the vocal,hardcore in the canton dosnt help in sustaining anything,i know this was thought of when designing the stadium and on police input..but what about the additional supporters we now get in?our average must be up 5.000 on ninian park..do these people give it there all at games?cos surely those extra voices should generate an atmosphere?regardless of what venue you are at..everything seems patchy and fits and starts and never gets going..and for me the songs are rubbish nothing like the old days at ninian park..we dont seem to have anywhere as near good songs or it seems to be same old same old churned up year in year out.the banter factor seems to have waivered slightly.

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:41 pm

I love the CCS,i think from afar it does look a bit tacky,but up close i think it looks real good :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:57 pm

Inside i think the Stadium is superb and the facillities are good the outside needs work because it does look a bit tacky but that was down to budget restraints at the time of building. Will never replace Ninian Park but we absolutely had to move and the CCS is a good home :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:12 pm

Its a nice stadium.

But i dont like it, theres not really much atmos there, and i dont get the buzz like i did when going to Ninian park..

:ayatollah:

Ninian Park - We miss you!