Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"HAVE YOU EVER STRANGELY......."

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Bumped into family members or long lost or current friends on this message board without actually knowing any of them were here!!!! Maybe you've even had a fully blown conversation with your next door neighbour and didn't know it was him!

These stories of coincidence amuse me, anyone suffered such odd circumstances? :old:

Re: "HAVE YOU EVER STRANGELY......."

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:46 pm

You really need to stop the class A drugs mate. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:51 pm

On a serious note though, I was working on a building site in London and a couple of weeks later I was in Australia (Brisbane)...went to the bar to get a beer and next to me was one of the guys who worked on the same site as me when in London.. :shock: :shock: ......needless to say, we done exactly the same as we done in London and continued to get smashed. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Marc wrote:You really need to stop the class A drugs mate. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I had 3 hrs sleep last night! :lol:

That's awake a he'll of a long time.....

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:02 pm

Luckily I'm the only Cardiff supporter in my family :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:22 pm

Sorry that it's not football related but...I worked for a woman today who's husband was a telegrapher onboard HMS Belfast during the Second World war......and my father served on Belfast....as a Telegrapher. Thought it was quite spooky. My Dad was from Yorkshire the other man was from Merthyr. Don't know if this was the sort of thing you meant Merlin? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:13 pm

Yeah i was talking to a black bloke or i mean having an argument with him on here and it turned to be my Neighbour. I thought hmmm Love thy Neighbour :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:21 pm

Funny One i went to Aruba last summer and my dad nd mum were at teh bar and some guy asked were the chips nice .... And my dad as his city shirt on so the guy says were you form my dad says Cardiff as was the guy so he asks were too in Cardiff my dad says Llanrumney and so did the guy :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:29 pm

i was on holiday in france a few years ago and as my mum speaks fluent french she was speaking to this french bloke who kept walking past our tent and looking at us as if he knew us. well turned out that his tent was next to ours on a campsite a few years previous to this holiday and he reckonized us coz i had the same city flag hanging both times and came up to us saying we were from wales and live near cardiff. creepy

Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:05 am

1...went to duporth holiday camp in cornwall in 1975.made friends with this kid same age.then a week later went swimming at

1...went to duporth holiday camp in cornwall 1975 i was 10yrs.then a week later when i was home went swimming at llandaf fields and the same kid was there.found that strange.also easter 1987 went on a piss up weekend to torquay.topcat didnt go for some reason.gang of wolves fans staying at same hotel who were a good laugh.that was it,but then in the july went to ibiza top cat came this time. first night there at the hotel bar and the same lads walked in.and finally went to blackpool away trip 2006.friday pm in the tower lounge as you do.i was mesmerised by this girl there on the dance floor but didnt go up to her.she could of been from scotland for all i know.then a week later me and bowmonster in caroline street pissed spots the same gang of girls and her.she was from merthyr living in tenby on a rare night out in cardiff.in 2008 and endless trips back and for to tenby even coming back for every game we finished. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:07 am

went to turkey with my friend and his family, and at the hotel, some guy come up to me, and said "YOUR A KAIIRDIFF BOY ARE YA" (proper cardiff accent) named ray who works in england,

that night then i went out for a quiet drink on my own, and a gang of lads come upto me, WHEYYYYYYYYY A BLUEBIRD, , 5 minutes later i went to a bar the guy seen the shirt, got me a free pint of "eefs" and put on the masters football which happend to be cardiff - bristol game

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:36 am

Welsh train driver I used to work with for around 18 months - recenty bumped into him at the station and he just said "f**k me, you're PtB". He knew I was into the City and had loads of discussions about City, football and stuff but only recently did he realise I was on here. The c**t wouldn't tell me who he is though, just that he doesn't post.

So if you're reading this, f**k you Tom :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:38 am

weza 65 wrote:1...went to duporth holiday camp in cornwall in 1975.made friends with this kid same age.then a week later went swimming at

1...went to duporth holiday camp in cornwall 1975 i was 10yrs.then a week later when i was home went swimming at llandaf fields and the same kid was there.found that strange.also easter 1987 went on a piss up weekend to torquay.topcat didnt go for some reason.gang of wolves fans staying at same hotel who were a good laugh.that was it,but then in the july went to ibiza top cat came this time. first night there at the hotel bar and the same lads walked in.and finally went to blackpool away trip 2006.friday pm in the tower lounge as you do.i was mesmerised by this girl there on the dance floor but didnt go up to her.she could of been from scotland for all i know.then a week later me and bowmonster in caroline street pissed spots the same gang of girls and her.she was from merthyr living in tenby on a rare night out in cardiff.in 2008 and endless trips back and for to tenby even coming back for every game we finished. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

I think i take the credit for spotting her Mr Lewis ;) You were too busy munching on your kebab :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:56 am

I was going out with a guy recently and as he knew I was a big City fan, he was telling me about one of his mates who was also City daft. I never met the lad. So anyways a few weeks later I was in the Ninian pub before one of our games. I was at the bar and the guy in front of me looks at me then says "Are you Hannah? Jay's girlfriend?" And I was like...."ermmmm yeah". It was well spooky. If you're reading this mate, tell Jay he's a dickhead and I hope Denver Broncos get stuffed every game next season :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:57 am

PhatFrog wrote:I was going out with a guy recently and as he knew I was a big City fan, he was telling me about one of his mates who was also City daft. I never met the lad. So anyways a few weeks later I was in the Ninian pub before one of our games. I was at the bar and the guy in front of me looks at me then says "Are you Hannah? Jay's girlfriend?" And I was like...."ermmmm yeah". It was well spooky. If you're reading this mate, tell Jay he's a dickhead and I hope Denver Broncos get stuffed every game next season :lol: :ayatollah:

So it's going well then? 8-)

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:59 am

PtB wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:I was going out with a guy recently and as he knew I was a big City fan, he was telling me about one of his mates who was also City daft. I never met the lad. So anyways a few weeks later I was in the Ninian pub before one of our games. I was at the bar and the guy in front of me looks at me then says "Are you Hannah? Jay's girlfriend?" And I was like...."ermmmm yeah". It was well spooky. If you're reading this mate, tell Jay he's a dickhead and I hope Denver Broncos get stuffed every game next season :lol: :ayatollah:

So it's going well then? 8-)

;) :lol: