Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ROUTLEDGE £1.5M

Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Can anyone confirm if we have bid for WR? We all know that leiscter and Gypos have put bids in as thier managers have confirmed it in interviews, but I have not heard any confirmation we have bid.

He might have been all about the money last few seasons, but he was amazing for us and has proved his ability playing for Newcastle and Qpr.

If he does come back we all as bluebird fans should get behind him let bygons be bygons and show him the support he needs to perform like back at ninian!!!

Bloooooooobirds

Re: ROUTLEDGE £1.5M

Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:34 pm

Can't see him comin back here mate not with leicester in for him they will outbid us however i would love to be wrong

Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:36 pm

think we are well down the pecking order to be honest ....

Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:54 pm

I can't see the club (manager or chief executive) confirming anything unless a deal is completed.

Other clubs may feed the media and desperate fans with mini progress reports - often leading to failure or disappointment - but we now have a different breed running things.

I like it!

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:12 am

Jon,
You got it spot on mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:12 am

Jon,

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:13 am

Jon,

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:19 am

He will go where the money is , he is money orientated nit football , if we want him pay the bucks :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:02 am

bluebird4life wrote:Can anyone confirm if we have bid for WR? We all know that leiscter and Gypos have put bids in as thier managers have confirmed it in interviews, but I have not heard any confirmation we have bid.

He might have been all about the money last few seasons, but he was amazing for us and has proved his ability playing for Newcastle and Qpr.

If he does come back we all as bluebird fans should get behind him let bygons be bygons and show him the support he needs to perform like back at ninian!!!

Bloooooooobirds

It,s not the £1.5m fee for routledge that,s the problem, it,s his wage demand, he is a money mercenary which will put the jacks out of the running!!!!!!

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:08 am

to be honest i dont want him back, he is a nob! We got rid of other disruptive players so why bring one in? Ive met him a few times and he was very arrogant. Plus the people who I spoke to at the time who worked with him also said he was very hard work!

Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:29 pm

If he is so good, why have Newcastle and qpr let him leave?