Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THE WEST HAM PROTEST

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:04 pm

BigGwynram wrote:
ANDYBLUE wrote:just boycott the whole day and watch us stuff the cockney jellied ells on yhe box save yourself a few quid spend your money down the local [there will be a better atmosphere in there than upton park] :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

yeh, that will teach them a lesson, and I'm sure for any future games they will totally give into our demands, all the money they will save on policing and stewarding and the extra home fans who can then buy tickets in the away section, we'll show them. :?

But it will have the same effect as any march will have, which is nothing at all going by the fact that previous marches have resulted in no bubble restrictions being lifted. I have a feeling that the general opinion among City fans is of apathy over it all. We've been subjected to these measures for so long now, people are shrugging their shoulders and accepting it.

And, before you come back with something along the lines of at least you're trying, don't get me wrong, I think it's admirable that you are but I think that, ultimately, the only people who can do anything about this is the club themselves. It should be TG, VT and Gethin jenkins' offices we should be picketing for accepting these restrictions. No amount of marches through London where nobody gives a flying toss about Cardiff fans is going to make a blind bit of difference.

Sorry if I come across as a bit harsh, but that's the reality as I see it

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:17 pm

i understand where your coming from gwyn but its all just a piss take now we have had protests before and meetings still nothing changes is it because were welsh :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:21 pm

why not boycot the whole day and get the club to put up a big screen in the stadium and we all watch it down there?

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:14 pm

bluebird15 wrote:why not boycot the whole day and get the club to put up a big screen in the stadium and we all watch it down there?

Yes and we can leave it up if every other club decide to ban us because it will suit loads of them to stop us travelling, the policing and stewarding costs will make them a fortune.

That way at least we can see every away game from the comfort of our own stadium, even better perhaps if they televise games we can all stay home and watch them on the telly. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:50 pm

lets be honest boys, did u really expect anything else?????? it happens regular to us 4 big games, and so called cat c games. this is the first one of the season, but ill bet my bollox it wont be the last. f**k em. boycott the game, everyone. no fans there makes a much bigger statement than the march imo. whatever happens i hope we stuff the f***ers. tre tre trebanog :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:59 pm

CANT WE ALL GO TO LONDON to watch the match?
What I mean is - just go to an area (to be arranged) and watch the game around a cluster of pubs?
it will be a logistical nightmare for the bill and could show the hypocrassy of the crap they are playing at.

I'm not sure how well the marches worked last time but i get the feeling that we are seen as scummy like millwall after years of media negative spin (and some tiny bits of bovver!!). And a march, however well intended wouldn't have real wide support or appeal to human rights etc
'FOOTBALL FANS DEMONSTRATE AFTER BEING REFUSED TICKETS FOR GAME'

We would have no football ticket, we aren't near the game and it would be a test of big brother and society on what freedom means.
A demo of mostly welsh football fans around London may not attract the same vibe of attention as people enjoying a daytrip to london being acosted by police and stopped from attending pubs, bars and restaurants -or catching trains etc.

get the twats on human rights mun ;)

Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:02 pm

charlie seldon wrote:lets be honest boys, did u really expect anything else?????? it happens regular to us 4 big games, and so called cat c games. this is the first one of the season, but ill bet my bollox it wont be the last. f**k em. boycott the game, everyone. no fans there makes a much bigger statement than the march imo. whatever happens i hope we stuff the f***ers. tre tre trebanog :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

"HIS OLD MANS ON THE RAG AND BONE, HIS MOTHERS ON THE DOLE,
HE COMES FROM TREBANOG - AND WHAT A f*cking HOLE"

TRE TRE TREBANOG

Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:03 pm

Tommy Gun wrote:A stand has to be made, its taking the piss, season after season we're hit with various restrictions....its against our rights, and its us who get punished more than any other....if we only get a 1000 tickets for WHU, so shoud everyone else.

millwall have already been promised 2000, its jus stupid mate, getting treated worse than any oter supporters in the country, by far

Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:48 pm

Totally agree with Gwyn on this one.. whilst marching/protesting hasn't changed the polices and other clubs stance on these restrictions in the past and the way they treat our away fans at least it shows we're not going to take these decisons lying down and are prepared to stand up and say .. 'we're not prepared to put up with this shit' , rather than be totally apathetic and sit on your arse and do nothing.. just wonder how many of you who have commented about lets watch it at our stadium or in your local had any intention of going to West Ham or infact go to away trips full stop..!! easy to say well f**k it who cares then..!! I for one was looking forward to this fixture and if we can't go will attend a march/protest in London to voice my objection to being treated like second class citizens..!! :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:51 am

BigGwynram wrote:
bluebird15 wrote:why not boycot the whole day and get the club to put up a big screen in the stadium and we all watch it down there?

Yes and we can leave it up if every other club decide to ban us because it will suit loads of them to stop us travelling, the policing and stewarding costs will make them a fortune.

That way at least we can see every away game from the comfort of our own stadium, even better perhaps if they televise games we can all stay home and watch them on the telly. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

no need to be f*cking sarcastic. and its more practical them marching 150 miles thats just stupid. at least if we all boycot the game hopefully west ham fans will get on to their own club like wolves fans did saying that there was no atmosphere. its diabolical proposing a 6 day march its got hardly any intrest and only a few would be interested.perhaps a march on a smaller scale like what was suggested on this bored or another from wembley way past white hart lane and so on up to upton park.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:55 am

Phantom Of The Chopra wrote:Totally agree with Gwyn on this one.. whilst marching/protesting hasn't changed the polices and other clubs stance on these restrictions in the past and the way they treat our away fans at least it shows we're not going to take these decisons lying down and are prepared to stand up and say .. 'we're not prepared to put up with this shit' , rather than be totally apathetic and sit on your arse and do nothing.. just wonder how many of you who have commented about lets watch it at our stadium or in your local had any intention of going to West Ham or infact go to away trips full stop..!! easy to say well f**k it who cares then..!! I for one was looking forward to this fixture and if we can't go will attend a march/protest in London to voice my objection to being treated like second class citizens..!! :ayatollah:

you would take days off work to march from cardiff to london ? i for one wanted to go but i aint prepared to be up at 3 in the morning to be treated like a complete animal.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:42 am

No one is expecting a mass protest march, and if even 6 people do it then it will highlight the problem and perhaps Joe public will be made aware of how badly football fans in the UK get treated.

If the Stoke supporters who took on the Manchester police and won a huge payout in damages had not pursued their case, do you think the police would have held back as they have on that particular law they used that day which states they can stop anyone they want to and send them home if they think they may cause trouble.

Now that means they could stop any of us on route and say we don't like the look of you so your turning around and going home or your getting arrested. That's what happened when Stoke traveled to Man U, now do you believe if Stoke fans had,t taken them on and won, we as fans would be coming up against that mystery law at every other away game.

If nobody complains, challenges or protests, then as far as the authorities are concerned that's as good as being given the green light to do what they want to unopposed.

Are any of you gullible enough to expect fair play off the police and groups such as SAG, thank God people like Vince are a bit more switched on.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:55 am

BigGwynram wrote:No one is expecting a mass protest march, and if even 6 people do it then it will highlight the problem and perhaps Joe public will be made aware of how badly football fans in the UK get treated.

If the Stoke supporters who took on the Manchester police and won a huge payout in damages had not pursued their case, do you think the police would have held back as they have on that particular law they used that day which states they can stop anyone they want to and send them home if they think they may cause trouble.

Now that means they could stop any of us on route and say we don't like the look of you so your turning around and going home or your getting arrested. That's what happened when Stoke traveled to Man U, now do you believe if Stoke fans had,t taken them on and won, we as fans would be coming up against that mystery law at every other away game.

If nobody complains, challenges or protests, then as far as the authorities are concerned that's as good as being given the green light to do what they want to unopposed.

Are any of you gullible enough to expect fair play off the police and groups such as SAG, thank God people like Vince are a bit more switched on.

im fully behind you and if a protest takes place i will be there but it has to be peaceful and done correctly.

Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:40 am

Agro time - la la la la !!!!!!! :evil: :old:

Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:25 pm

there's got to be humans right issue's there somewhere? any leagal eagles out there

Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:25 pm

bluebird15 wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:

no need to be f*cking sarcastic. and its more practical them marching 150 miles thats just stupid. at least if we all boycot the game hopefully west ham fans will get on to their own club like wolves fans did saying that there was no atmosphere. its diabolical proposing a 6 day march its got hardly any intrest and only a few would be interested.perhaps a march on a smaller scale like what was suggested on this bored or another from wembley way past white hart lane and so on up to upton park.

You call it sarcastic, I call it realistic, which part of my realistic/sarcastic post would you consider as wrong then.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:40 pm

Let’s spread the rumour Theres 2000 fans going without tickets, that will keep the old bill busy, then we can stay at home and watch it on TV. :old:

Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:09 pm

How many games are in London at the time ? Even if a protest was organised and done "legally" it would be allowed in certain areas.If done "illegally" and protest near any landmarks it could be classed as terrorism.Thats how they get everyone and anyone it was on a TV program a few weeks back.

Gwyn

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:09 am

Why not every cardiff fan showing their disgust at these tactics by showing their ability to behave. Just going along to watch a football match in a peacefull manner. Don't let the pigs have an excuse for arresting people by behaving like decent people. No throwing traffic cones, no running about wanting to fight opposition fans.

Surely if CCFC fans behave in a decent manner for long enough, It will sink in with the pigs that maybe their not so bad.

If we chose to go along the route we have for the last twenty years, whilst idolising writers of hooligan books, we can hardly expect to be treated decently , can we?

Gwyn

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:10 am

Why not every cardiff fan showing their disgust at these tactics by showing their ability to behave. Just going along to watch a football match in a peacefull manner. Don't let the pigs have an excuse for arresting people by behaving like decent people. No throwing traffic cones, no running about wanting to fight opposition fans.

Surely if CCFC fans behave in a decent manner for long enough, It will sink in with the pigs that maybe their not so bad.

If we chose to go along the route we have for the last twenty years, whilst idolising writers of hooligan books, we can hardly expect to be treated decently , can we?

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:14 am

BigGwynram wrote:No one is expecting a mass protest march, and if even 6 people do it then it will highlight the problem and perhaps Joe public will be made aware of how badly football fans in the UK get treated.

Do you seriously believe that 6 Cardiff fans marching/walking through London on a sunday morning will highlight the plight of the badly treated football supporter in Britain? I know that this nuimber isn't meant to be taken literally, but it's nonsense to think that a very small band of fans will be taken seriously. It needs a big march with a lot of people to have any kind of impact. And I think, judging by this board, there is a mixture of both empathy and apathy and I think the apathy is winning over. You can moan all you want about people accepting it, but that's the way it is, like it or lump it.

And didn't the Stoke fans pursue their claim through the courts? I think that if we're going to get any success in halting these restrictions, that's how we need to do it. If we pursue every one of the cases, we may be successful in bringing to an end any bubble or ticket restrictions imposed against us.

And your last sentence is a bit offensive, isn't it?

Re: Gwyn

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:20 am

thegentleman wrote:Why not every cardiff fan showing their disgust at these tactics by showing their ability to behave. Just going along to watch a football match in a peacefull manner. Don't let the pigs have an excuse for arresting people by behaving like decent people. No throwing traffic cones, no running about wanting to fight opposition fans.

Showing our ability to behave hasn't produced any benefits it would seem,I go to most away games and there are no problems at the vast majority. The Chelsea match was a time bomb waiting to go off,there had been no prior consultation between the fans groups and the Met police, if there had been then I'm sure the group would have made suggestions to limit the possibility of trouble breaking out. And at the end of the day that's all we can do is limit the possibility, but things like letting 6,000 Cardiff fans out through an entrance straight onto a road packed with Chelsea fans who are hardly angels themselves was like throwing a match into a bucket of petrol.

Also how were a large crowd of Chelsea's banned and well known hooligans allowed to congregate outside a pub directly opposite the exit the Cardiff fans would use, absolute bollox.

In my opinion when we take numbers such as 6,000 we all need to take extra measures, because a lot of those amongst the 6,000 aren't regular away travelers obviously and it's more a case of a rare day out. The usual hard core of let's say 2,500 away fans tend to be far more regular and know how to behave and what to expect and also they don't want to get banned or lose their privileges.

Now for West Ham taking a thousand fans under a voucher exchange scheme and parking the coaches outside the away end as they have done previously would see a day pass with no problem, but no that's not enough is it, let's make it even more draconian and punish the hardcore regular fans who are all season ticket holders and have been to at least six away games last year just to qualify for a ticket.

And do you know what that will lee to then, it will lead to next years game and lot's of other clubs saying, we have the answer to solve problems, let's make every game a bubble.

Come on people look hard enough and you will see some woods through those trees.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:38 am

Do you seriously believe that 6 Cardiff fans marching/walking through London on a sunday morning will highlight the plight of the badly treated football supporter in Britain? I know that this nuimber isn't meant to be taken literally, but it's nonsense to think that a very small band of fans will be taken seriously. It needs a big march with a lot of people to have any kind of impact. And I think, judging by this board, there is a mixture of both empathy and apathy and I think the apathy is winning over. You can moan all you want about people accepting it, but that's the way it is, like it or lump it.

And didn't the Stoke fans pursue their claim through the courts? I think that if we're going to get any success in halting these restrictions, that's how we need to do it. If we pursue every one of the cases, we may be successful in bringing to an end any bubble or ticket restrictions imposed against us.

And your last sentence is a bit offensive, isn't it?[/quote]

Yes I do believe that six, sixty or even one fan walking to London to protest against the way we are treated will highlight the plight, have you dealt with the press and media, they would be on this like a rash.
Joe public as no idea how draconian police laws used for football really are, the FSF are totally behind this march and protest, did you come to our protest in Wolverhampton or West Brom, do you realise how much support we had.

Three weeks ago some of our fans were invited to a meeting with the West Midlands police who want too improve their image and change the way they police football games, this was in no small way due to such protests we held.

And as for my last sentence being offensive here it is "Are any of you gullible enough to expect fair play off the police and groups such as SAG, thank God people like Vince are a bit more switched on", I ask again, which part is offensive and which part is incorrect, if it wasn't for proactive people like Vince and groups such as the FSF things would be a lot worse that they are already, football fans are seen as the enemy by so many police forces, when in truth as a percentage the people that watch football are far more law abiding that society in general, just look at the arrest figures and crime per person at football compared to other like for like numbers, there's more crime and arrests per population at your local shopping center.

Football fans aren't the problem, people and society are the problem, it's just a fact that football is a small part of today's society, they should clean up society and the small problems associated at football will improve accordingly.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:24 am

When will we eventually find out for definate what is happening with the tickets for this game
:ayatollah:

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:25 pm

BigGwynram wrote:Do you seriously believe that 6 Cardiff fans marching/walking through London on a sunday morning will highlight the plight of the badly treated football supporter in Britain? I know that this nuimber isn't meant to be taken literally, but it's nonsense to think that a very small band of fans will be taken seriously. It needs a big march with a lot of people to have any kind of impact. And I think, judging by this board, there is a mixture of both empathy and apathy and I think the apathy is winning over. You can moan all you want about people accepting it, but that's the way it is, like it or lump it.

And your last sentence is a bit offensive, isn't it?

Yes I do believe that six, sixty or even one fan walking to London to protest against the way we are treated will highlight the plight, have you dealt with the press and media, they would be on this like a rash.
Joe public as no idea how draconian police laws used for football really are, the FSF are totally behind this march and protest, did you come to our protest in Wolverhampton or West Brom, do you realise how much support we had.

Three weeks ago some of our fans were invited to a meeting with the West Midlands police who want too improve their image and change the way they police football games, this was in no small way due to such protests we held.

And as for my last sentence being offensive here it is "Are any of you gullible enough to expect fair play off the police and groups such as SAG, thank God people like Vince are a bit more switched on", I ask again, which part is offensive and which part is incorrect, if it wasn't for proactive people like Vince and groups such as the FSF things would be a lot worse that they are already, football fans are seen as the enemy by so many police forces, when in truth as a percentage the people that watch football are far more law abiding that society in general, just look at the arrest figures and crime per person at football compared to other like for like numbers, there's more crime and arrests per population at your local shopping center.

Football fans aren't the problem, people and society are the problem, it's just a fact that football is a small part of today's society, they should clean up society and the small problems associated at football will improve accordingly.[/quote]

I tend to believe that marching in the hope of publicising our plight will have very little effect on the press and pubic opinion, especially if it is poorly attended.
Football is all about money, that's all that matters, the sooner we all accept that the better. So if WHU feel that it's more expensive to police this game with city fans attending than not, then they will feel justified in taking such Draconian measures. However, if our club want's to show real protest against such measures, then all non-footballing staff of CCFC should firstly refuse to attend the game along with the banned supporters.
Secondly the club should implement the same restrictions on WHU, when they come to visit us. It will hurt us financially more than WHU, but it needs to be done to make a moral point. Other clubs will not follow WHU's lead, as they are not as wealthy and need away supporters more so than clubs like WHU.
As soon as club directors and senior staff start boycotting each others stadia and boardrooms, and implementing a tit for tat strategy then clubs and the football authorities will quickly start to see sense and treat all supporters with respect and in the right way.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:08 am

I've said all along in this thread that the people in charge of our club are the ones who will be able to have the biggest effect on eradicating bubble trips. A gaggle of fans marching through London on a Sunday morning will have next to no effect. But am I, or anyone else, 'switched on' by not realising that? I don't think so. I think it's realistic

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:31 am

A few seasons ago Leeds tried to put a full buble on Hull City fans so their club stated that unless the bubble was lifted then there would be a total 100% boycott by the fans ...... result was Hull given full allocation with no restrictions !

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:40 am

Vintage 63 wrote:A few seasons ago Leeds tried to put a full buble on Hull City fans so their club stated that unless the bubble was lifted then there would be a total 100% boycott by the fans ...... result was Hull given full allocation with no restrictions !

I think our club need to be stronger. This is our answer and this is the only way we can get these restrictions lifted

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:01 am

Saying that didnt Corky , Gwyn and the RAMS once boycott Leeds too resulting in about 100 fans turning up with the SC ??

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:00 am

That reminded me Mart, ken Bates played f**k, because of the costs involved. By having the 100 odd fans that travelled to Leeds, they still had to have huge police and stewarding costs and keep the away section open, where as if we had totally blanked it, then their costs would have been reduced.

Perhaps as a protest we should accept the bubble at West ham and just send two fans on a coach, the police and stewarding costs would work out at a around a quarter of a million pound per away fan. :lol: :lol: :lol: